Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 03-06-2019, 05:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: sydney australia
Posts: 16
matey is on a distinguished road
thanks its in the hands of the local auto electrician hope fully will hear back from him tomorrow cheers
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #72  
Old 03-07-2019, 03:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: sydney australia
Posts: 16
matey is on a distinguished road
Got back few small problems it dosn automatically show the reverse camera when in reverse you have to search it also the mirroring with iPhone dosnt seem to work or the ob2 dosnt recognise the plug and advise would be appreciated
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-07-2019, 07:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 930
mr_robot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
Got back few small problems it dosn automatically show the reverse camera when in reverse you have to search it also the mirroring with iPhone dosnt seem to work or the ob2 dosnt recognise the plug and advise would be appreciated

Thanks


The reverse trigger wire must be incorrect.

iPhone mirroring is only via hotspot (WiFi) from your phone.

If by OBD2 you mean the Bluetooth plug and Torque app, you must select/configure the OBD2 dongle within the Torque app settings.
__________________
2005 Imola 4.8iS
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-07-2019, 02:49 PM
burninator's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 99
burninator is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangwolf View Post
Coming from stock and haven't had any other HU. So its a big leap in improvement for me.

Sound is good (but I'm not an audiophile).
CarPlay is an awesome feature (seems like any android unit can have this though)
iBus connectivity is great (again any android unit)
Reverse camera startup is fast
Form factor fits in single DIN slot, I only had to notch certain spots to get the brackets to fit. I could always restore the stock single DIN HU/OBC and CD player if I wanted
Cabling is great, didn't have to modify any harnesses
Customer Support is Fantastic quick to respond and very knowledgeable

Edit:
Steering wheel buttons also work.
Startup speed is okay
Orange Backlight seems to match with rest of interior lights well
Shipping was lightning fast. Preordered before release of Feb 26. Tracking started on Feb 27. DHL picked up the package (from Hong Kong) Feb 28. Arrived on my door (in California) on Mar. 1

Downsides:
Some of the buttons don't do anything? Hopefully I can figure out how to change them to different apps
This sounds promising. How is the fitment? Do you have any pics you could upload?
__________________
2003 X5 4.6iS S/C | 2006 X5 4.8iS | 2009 M5 | 2000 Range Rover S/C
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-07-2019, 03:14 PM
crystalworks's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 3,694
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Perhaps you should start an Avin Avant 4 thread Wangwolf? I think this thread was (though it is morphing it seems) intended to be specific to how you are using Android radio widgets/apps/etc for daily use. Would make Avant 4 specific data much more easy to find.

At any rate, excited to see how you get on with it.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Last edited by crystalworks; 03-07-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 03-07-2019, 03:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 930
mr_robot is on a distinguished road
Well avin 4 just has stock Android 8.0 and no special app or rom so it's exactly the same as the cheaper Android unit I replaced it with.
__________________
2005 Imola 4.8iS
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-07-2019, 05:44 PM
crystalworks's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 3,694
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
Well avin 4 just has stock Android 8.0 and no special app or rom so it's exactly the same as the cheaper Android unit I replaced it with.
No I didn't mean it was any different flavor of Android... just that I think Prop's intent of the thread was to share settings and customizations using Android. I went back and re-read the OP before realizing that. The thread has become more about installation/fitment/etc which is fine. Just not what was originally intended. Just a thought, not a big deal or anything.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-08-2019, 06:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: sydney australia
Posts: 16
matey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
The reverse trigger wire must be incorrect.

iPhone mirroring is only via hotspot (WiFi) from your phone.

If by OBD2 you mean the Bluetooth plug and Torque app, you must select/configure the OBD2 dongle within the Torque app settings.
Thanks got the mirror thing sorted I ordered a more expensive dongle for torque maybe that will sort it the reverse I put the app icon on the home page so it a easy to use
Any ideas on interesting apps to down load thanks again
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Wangwolf's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 47
Wangwolf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
Perhaps you should start an Avin Avant 4 thread Wangwolf? I think this thread was (though it is morphing it seems) intended to be specific to how you are using Android radio widgets/apps/etc for daily use. Would make Avant 4 specific data much more easy to find.

At any rate, excited to see how you get on with it.
I'm planning on it! I've taken some videos of my progress so far. I'm about halfway done, I'm doing a lot on this project (back up camera, TPMS, front dash cam, Valentine1 Hardwire) so progress is slow.
Hopefully I can finish it up this weekend before the Missus comes back from her business trip!
But then it will take me a while to edit and upload the video
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-10-2019, 01:43 AM
Wangwolf's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 47
Wangwolf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangwolf View Post
I'm planning on it! I've taken some videos of my progress so far. I'm about halfway done, I'm doing a lot on this project (back up camera, TPMS, front dash cam, Valentine1 Hardwire) so progress is slow.
Hopefully I can finish it up this weekend before the Missus comes back from her business trip!
But then it will take me a while to edit and upload the video
Today I finished getting the backup camera routed and wired! Had to pull some trims and drop the glove box but got it routed cleanly
It's looking good, it points a tiny bit high (I didn't realize my camera kit came with angle spacers but it's good enough for me)


Having some headaches with TPMS and dual DVR but hopefully Avin will continue their support
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.