Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-15-2011, 07:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Greece
Posts: 86
nikosf is on a distinguished road
I have an x 5 (E53) 3.0d with os heater on it. I upgrage nav system with sw 32 Day/night software and then the " Aux vent/heat" disappeared from the screen. I went to the dealer and he upgraded it with OS sw32, used SSS but since then I've only " Aux/Vent". I can not find the heater to turn it on.
What do you mean about "Yes, it can be coded. So dealer or someone with BMW coding tools can do it" in post#2
Any suggestion?
Thanks

Last edited by nikosf; 01-15-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #12  
Old 01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
x555a's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: uk
Posts: 152
x555a is on a distinguished road
All diesel models come with a webasto but are not coded to use aux heating only aux vent.
Unless it was ticked as an option when the car was purchased you will have to get is coded to work as said before by either using a scanner/code reader or by going down the diy route and fitting a relay and remote wired to pin one of the webasto itself.
I can be done for about 30 diy.
__________________
3.0d sport black with black
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Greece
Posts: 86
nikosf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by x555a View Post
All diesel models come with a webasto but are not coded to use aux heating only aux vent.
Unless it was ticked as an option when the car was purchased you will have to get is coded to work as said before by either using a scanner/code reader or by going down the diy route and fitting a relay and remote wired to pin one of the webasto itself.
I can be done for about 30 diy.
Realy I don't understand anything. Before I upgraded the Nav the Aux /Heater worked. What can I say to the dealer to do to fix it?

Last edited by nikosf; 01-18-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wales
Posts: 61
Sunny_wales is on a distinguished road
After reading all this. Am I right to think that all I have to do on my 3.0D is have the car coded to be a heater
And to get the remote?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-29-2011, 05:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Greece
Posts: 86
nikosf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikosf View Post
Realy I don't understand anything. Before I upgraded the Nav the Aux /Heater worked. What can I say to the dealer to do to fix it?
I went to the dealer.
He recoded the heater and now everything is OK
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-14-2017, 02:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 12
per28 is on a distinguished road
Talking

(I have an x 5 (E53) 3.0d with os heater on it. I upgrage nav system with sw 32 Day/night software and then the " Aux vent/heat" disappeared from the screen. I went to the dealer and he upgraded it with OS sw32, used SSS but since then I've only " Aux/Vent". I can not find the heater to turn it on.
What do you mean about "Yes, it can be coded. So dealer or someone with BMW coding tools can do it" in post#2
Any suggestion?
Thanks)

I can confirm this issue. The problem with starting the webasto termo top Z for the BMW X5 E53 3.0D. The problems start when you change the nav-software OS sw32 up to sw32 night and day. The display change from aux heat to aux vent. My problem is solved,by only to change it back to OS SW32.

Last edited by per28; 11-14-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-14-2017, 07:10 AM
yes_its_neil's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sunshine Coast Australia
Posts: 112
yes_its_neil is on a distinguished road
Buy yourself BMW Scan 1.4 with adaptor, USB lead and software and enable the heater in the IKE module. The heater function will then appear on your MID (Presumably on the navigation screen menu too where fitted). Typical link below.
Search this forum for how to wire in the remote using existing factory wiring. A good write up was done by user wpoll, though it is possible the images no longer exist. Simple as buying a remote keypad and receiver relay module, also from eBay. This can be programmed to enable the Webasto for certain length of time, then turn off.
The BMW Scan program can be used to scan for errors as well as monitoring live data and coding, a very handy tool.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/V1-4-Diagno...MAAOSwsBtZ5syV

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-1-CH...AAAOSwdIFXxsJb

My Webasto fired up first time, which surprised me, having laid dormant for 10 years. Living in a tropical climate, it didn't see much use to be honest, but it was fun to enable. I no longer have my X5, when I traded it in to buy a X3, the caryard salesman had never seen an activated Webasto, obviously very rare in a generally warm country like Australia, Queensland in particular.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Neil

2009 X3 3.0D
2005 X5 3.0 Diesel Sport (sold)
2007 320i (sold)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-14-2017, 11:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CYPRUS
Posts: 1,321
omodos is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yes_its_neil View Post
Buy yourself BMW Scan 1.4 with adaptor, USB lead and software and enable the heater in the IKE module. The heater function will then appear on your MID (Presumably on the navigation screen menu too where fitted). Typical link below.
Search this forum for how to wire in the remote using existing factory wiring. A good write up was done by user wpoll, though it is possible the images no longer exist. Simple as buying a remote keypad and receiver relay module, also from eBay. This can be programmed to enable the Webasto for certain length of time, then turn off.
The BMW Scan program can be used to scan for errors as well as monitoring live data and coding, a very handy tool.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/V1-4-Diagno...MAAOSwsBtZ5syV

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-1-CH...AAAOSwdIFXxsJb

My Webasto fired up first time, which surprised me, having laid dormant for 10 years. Living in a tropical climate, it didn't see much use to be honest, but it was fun to enable. I no longer have my X5, when I traded it in to buy a X3, the caryard salesman had never seen an activated Webasto, obviously very rare in a generally warm country like Australia, Queensland in particular.
apologies to allyse for hijacking post, @neil the scan tool you refer to and software are all part of the deal? any specifics on what it can and can't scan and display? can you reset airbag or oil change due message or see state of glow plugs and the like?does it run on anything above windows XP?
PS webasto is disabled on my X too, heat it the opposite of what we need out here
__________________
E53 X5 3.0d SUV prod.date 11/2004 eng.variant M57N Europe Right hand drive N

Last edited by omodos; 11-14-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-14-2017, 12:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 12
per28 is on a distinguished road
Softwaer v32

Hello

Yes i bought this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/V1-4-Diagno...MAAOSwsBtZ5syV before i change software with no luck.
The scanner only find aux.ventilation. So it was not possible with scanner V1-4. But when i change to OS V32 than the scanner find aux heater.

And i could start it again
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-14-2017, 04:56 PM
yes_its_neil's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Sunshine Coast Australia
Posts: 112
yes_its_neil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by omodos View Post
apologies to allyse for hijacking post, @neil the scan tool you refer to and software are all part of the deal? any specifics on what it can and can't scan and display? can you reset airbag or oil change due message or see state of glow plugs and the like?does it run on anything above windows XP?
PS webasto is disabled on my X too, heat it the opposite of what we need out here
It will scan all (as far as I know, my E53 was a relatively low spec version) ECU's, stepping over those not fitted. It will display current and previous errors and gives you the option to clear them. If the errors re-appear you can presume they are current. Airbag errors/faults are in the list of modules scanned. Scan and clear can be done on individual ECU's or one-touch for all. I don't recall seeing oil / brake service reset function on the scan tool, but it can be done from the instrument cluster.

I have it running on Windows 10, without virtual XP. Software is on the CD, you may have to look elsewhere online for USB drivers for OS other than XP.

Mine would display errors on all my glow plugs, changing the controller relay cleared just 1, so I presumed I had a faulty controller and 5 faulty glow plugs. I ordered them, but never swapped them out.
__________________
Neil

2009 X3 3.0D
2005 X5 3.0 Diesel Sport (sold)
2007 320i (sold)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.