Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E70) Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #761  
Old 03-13-2016, 03:37 PM
Flying Ace's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SF, CA
Posts: 33
Flying Ace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlaine View Post
Ace...

Not sure why the original owner would have chromed the Style 334 rims ?

I see 2 distinct advantages to those rims....

1) I don't have to look at them while I'm driving.
2) When I'm in the mood to get my Pimp Daddy on (for rollin' the whip
down the boulevard) I'm set.

(well, as much of a Pimp Daddy as I can be as an old, fat, bald, white dude driving a white SAV.)

sure do wish he had done spinners.

The other advantage is when you sling some dope in the 'hood, your local dealers and customers know who you are.

Just get the wheels dipped or powdercoated...
__________________
2008 E90 M3 (oil distillates guzzler)
2012 E70 X5 diesel (oil burner)
2013 bicycle (oily chain)
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #762  
Old 03-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Gixxerboy63's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 546
Gixxerboy63 is on a distinguished road
Last photoshoot with my BBS wheels;
(new ADV 5.2 MV2 SLs coming)





and my wife's 35d

__________________
2010 X5M
Active Autowerks tune
22" BBS SV in Titanium Gunmetal
Black grills
Reply With Quote
  #763  
Old 03-15-2016, 03:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 79
Deftronix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Looks really good, got a straight shot of the back?
Appreciate it. Still not great pics but will give you much better idea, love the angle cut on them. Also installed the rear aero kit last night. Side rockers are on the way!





Reply With Quote
  #764  
Old 03-21-2016, 03:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: PNW
Posts: 424
Entropy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftronix View Post
Appreciate it. Still not great pics but will give you much better idea, love the angle cut on them. Also installed the rear aero kit last night. Side rockers are on the way!
Looks amazing! 25mm spacers?
Reply With Quote
  #765  
Old 03-23-2016, 01:49 AM
Flying Ace's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SF, CA
Posts: 33
Flying Ace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerboy63 View Post

and my wife's 35d

That looks so good. Are those M Sport fenders?
__________________
2008 E90 M3 (oil distillates guzzler)
2012 E70 X5 diesel (oil burner)
2013 bicycle (oily chain)
Reply With Quote
  #766  
Old 04-11-2016, 10:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: South Florida, US
Posts: 1
TuomoK is on a distinguished road
Hey... where you bought those led lights? Are they OEM M-lights or something else? Anything similar available for non-M-fenders?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerboy63 View Post
Last photoshoot with my BBS wheels;
(new ADV 5.2 MV2 SLs coming)

Reply With Quote
  #767  
Old 04-12-2016, 08:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 391
Ozer is on a distinguished road
The white 35D looks so nice!
__________________
2011 35d
Reply With Quote
  #768  
Old 04-12-2016, 07:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 201
the_ulf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuomoK View Post
Hey... where you bought those led lights? Are they OEM M-lights or something else? Anything similar available for non-M-fenders?
they are OEM LED units for X5M and X6. sadly they don't fit into any other X5s, else i'd already be running a pair of them bad boys. i've done a bit of research on the matter and came up with the same answer every time: you could mod your X5 to be an M replica, just so you can fit them LED units or you have someone at hand who can model a custom wing/fender pair for you. either way, you wanna look at the tag on those lights. not cheap...
__________________
discs 'n drums 'n body roll
Reply With Quote
  #769  
Old 04-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Flying Ace's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SF, CA
Posts: 33
Flying Ace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ulf View Post
they are OEM LED units for X5M and X6. sadly they don't fit into any other X5s, else i'd already be running a pair of them bad boys. i've done a bit of research on the matter and came up with the same answer every time: you could mod your X5 to be an M replica, just so you can fit them LED units or you have someone at hand who can model a custom wing/fender pair for you. either way, you wanna look at the tag on those lights. not cheap...
Even after through making a M replica front, is the lights plug and play? Or do you need more electronic modifications?
__________________
2008 E90 M3 (oil distillates guzzler)
2012 E70 X5 diesel (oil burner)
2013 bicycle (oily chain)
Reply With Quote
  #770  
Old 04-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Gixxerboy63's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 546
Gixxerboy63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Even after through making a M replica front, is the lights plug and play? Or do you need more electronic modifications?
Aside from the fenders, you will need an LED wiring harness, latest FRM3 module and coding.

Now, for some fresh pictures with my new Matte Bronze ADV 5.2s



__________________
2010 X5M
Active Autowerks tune
22" BBS SV in Titanium Gunmetal
Black grills
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.