Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E70) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 64
dadofahusky is on a distinguished road
CPO "item not covered" - help needed

How many times I have heard this. Most recent, my e70, still under cpo has its drivers side mirror no longer folding in. The dealership is saying this is not covered. they say anything having to do with the mirrors are not covered. I said it is and quoted from the what is not covered page on BMW NA site. it states "glass - side, sliding roof, rear and mirrors (except for electrical/electronic components);"

they say their book says not covered. i say BMW NA says it is covered. Help anyone.



BMW NA via customer relations tells me they dont determine this but rely on the dealerships.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 09-30-2014, 05:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 64
dadofahusky is on a distinguished road
i have the attached but need something similar for cars prior to 1/1/14
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW_CPO_what_is_not_covered_March2014.pdf (124.5 KB, 112 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-30-2014, 06:03 PM
bawareca's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 976
bawareca is on a distinguished road
I'd try another dealership.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-30-2014, 06:33 PM
ard ard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, California
Posts: 5,683
ard is on a distinguished road
well, this is a tough spot.

The old CPO just excluded "mirrors"...the new one excludes 'mirrors, except drive components'.

One could argue the new CPO language was changed to CLARIFY, they may argue 'no the new language expanded coverage'.

Did you drop the car off, agree to $$$ and now find yourself trapped? Valuable lesson- always determine your financial exposure, never assume.

Explain to BMWNA that it isnt the dealer wthat will get reported to XYZ state agency if they refuse to honor the warranty... this will be a 'squeaky wheel' effort, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 64
dadofahusky is on a distinguished road
Agree, found out the old cpo excluded mirrors in whole. Not on the line at all. Told them not to do the work. Assuming it's the motor? If you guys think that's the cause for it not folding I can get one on eBay for $100. It's all these little things that annoys me with bmw and you don't find excluded on lexus or even Honda cpo
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-30-2014, 10:07 PM
bawareca's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 976
bawareca is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadofahusky View Post
It's all these little things that annoys me with bmw and you don't find excluded on lexus or even Honda cpo
They dont break,but aint fun
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-01-2014, 01:32 AM
ard ard is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, California
Posts: 5,683
ard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadofahusky View Post
Agree, found out the old cpo excluded mirrors in whole. Not on the line at all. Told them not to do the work. Assuming it's the motor? If you guys think that's the cause for it not folding I can get one on eBay for $100. It's all these little things that annoys me with bmw and you don't find excluded on lexus or even Honda cpo
Fold? why? I never fold them.

Im not going to venture a guess. bawareca probably in a better position to do so.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-01-2014, 10:11 AM
bawareca's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 976
bawareca is on a distinguished road
The only way to say if it is the motor is to test with another mirror or swap the mirrors left to right.These models have problems with the LIN-bus,which is for the window switch and the mirrors,but more often with the passenger side.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 64
dadofahusky is on a distinguished road
I need to fold them to pull into my garage
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 279
PAX5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadofahusky View Post
How many times I have heard this. Most recent, my e70, still under cpo has its drivers side mirror no longer folding in. The dealership is saying this is not covered. they say anything having to do with the mirrors are not covered. I said it is and quoted from the what is not covered page on BMW NA site. it states "glass - side, sliding roof, rear and mirrors (except for electrical/electronic components);"

they say their book says not covered. i say BMW NA says it is covered. Help anyone.



BMW NA via customer relations tells me they dont determine this but rely on the dealerships.
My guess is that you have the pre Jan 01, 2014 CPO ...

If that is the case, the BMW EVP/CPO warranty booklet you should have received with the car is clear: mirror, glass and lenses - not covered. Anything electrical - not covered. Your side mirror is all of these things.
__________________
PAX5
BMW CCA #20645
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.