Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Electronics > Navigation System
Bimmer Tool Rental
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Italy
Posts: 45
flamex10 is on a distinguished road
help language ita for mk4

I have need to change the language of my mk4 and to pass him/it in Italian.
Currently in the mený it is only in French and German English.
Can you send me the navboot of the v.27 for this transformation?
My e-mail is [email protected]
I am you thankful if you help me.
Thanks
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 10-14-2006, 04:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 132
BabyMakingWeather is on a distinguished road
The navigation software update itself (e.g v27 etc) is not language-specific. i.e. The spoken language depends on how your vehicle has been coded by BMW.

The map CD/DVD contains the language-specific menus (English/French/Italian/Spanish/German). So if you are using a CD rather than a DVD map, then it's possible that not all the European languages are loaded on it due to space limitations...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-14-2006, 05:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Italy
Posts: 45
flamex10 is on a distinguished road
This I already knew him/it, but I have read on this same forum that instead of going to the BMW to program the language of the mený, it is possible to change modifying the navboot of the updating.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 38
Odia The Ultimate is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamex10
I have need to change the language of my mk4 and to pass him/it in Italian.
Currently in the menù it is only in French and German English.
1 Run NavTweak
2 Open navboot file
3 on the modules page right click Lng_Italiano and select save
4 rename the saved file to Lng_English or Lng_Francais or Lng_Deutsch
5 hex edit the file and replace the Lng_Italiano with either Lng_English or Lng_Francais or Lng_Deutsch
6 recalculate the files CRC
7 again in NavTweak on the modules page right click either Lng_English or Lng_Francais or Lng_Deutsch dependant on which language you dont need and replace it with the one from step 4, 5 and 6
8 save the navboot
9 insert back into the ISO
10 burn
11 update the nav computer
12 select the language you overwritten and it will display in Italian

Job done.

Regards,

Odia.

Special thanks to nomad for the NavTweak program.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Italy
Posts: 45
flamex10 is on a distinguished road
Where do I recover the software to systematize the CRC?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Italy
Posts: 45
flamex10 is on a distinguished road
Can nobody tell me as to change the CRC?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamex10
Can nobody tell me as to change the CRC?
Nobody knows what you mean by "CRC".........
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Italy
Posts: 45
flamex10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odia The Ultimate
1 Run NavTweak
2 Open navboot file
3 on the modules page right click Lng_Italiano and select save
4 rename the saved file to Lng_English or Lng_Francais or Lng_Deutsch
5 hex edit the file and replace the Lng_Italiano with either Lng_English or Lng_Francais or Lng_Deutsch
6 recalculate the files CRC
7 again in NavTweak on the modules page right click either Lng_English or Lng_Francais or Lng_Deutsch dependant on which language you dont need and replace it with the one from step 4, 5 and 6
8 save the navboot
9 insert back into the ISO
10 burn
11 update the nav computer
12 select the language you overwritten and it will display in Italian

Job done.

Regards,

Odia.

Special thanks to nomad for the NavTweak program.




How recalculate the CRC?
What software must I use?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Italy
Posts: 45
flamex10 is on a distinguished road
Please, can someone help me?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 38
Odia The Ultimate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamex10
Where do I recover the software to systematize the CRC?
Sorry for the delay, I did not visit here for few days, the CRC is a CRC-24 3GPP, so you need to search for CRC-24.exe, you can find it here on the forum.

Odia.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.