Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Electronics > Navigation System
Bimmer Tool Rental
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 02-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 9
whatheheck is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info and prompt reply!

Can you kindly send me a link showing which wires I need to tap to for the Nav audio line out?

And what value potentiometer you recommend I should use?

Many many thanks!

Dan


Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiJochen
That function doesn't exist in the radio hardware, sorry.



Add a good old fashioned potentiometer to the nav audio lines, and adjust the level to what you like.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #72  
Old 02-20-2009, 06:01 PM
TJJ TJJ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 50
TJJ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatheheck
My issue is - ever since I removed the stock DSP amp and upgraded my amp to a more powerful amp -the Nav volume is now too loud. I have already set the nav volume to its bare minimum but it is still too loud compared to other audio sources (CD, AM, FM, etc.)
Where did you adjust the volume? Adjusting it via Settings-menu is not enough, you need to adjust it via Info-button's nav-min adjustment. If you already did that, then using a potentiometer or fixed resistors is the way to go.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,575
KiwiJochen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatheheck
Can you kindly send me a link showing which wires I need to tap to for the Nav audio line out?
Easy: there is a twsted pair of wires on the nav blue plug. Normally blue/ brown and blue/red. On some cars yellow/brown & yellow/red

red stripe is signal
brown stripe is ground

Fit around a 1 to 10k-Ohm potentiometer

solder one end of pot to brown stripe wire
Cut red stripe wire, solder nav end to other side of pot
Solder radio module end to wiper of pot.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,575
KiwiJochen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by francoE38
i get the following message
You get the message stating no LNG language files can be found, because no LNG language files can be found !!

Copy all files in the NavCoder zip file into the same directory

Make sure at least one LNG file exists

If it still doesn't work, email me.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 9
whatheheck is on a distinguished road
Hi TJJ,

Yes, I have done both already.

1) Adjusted to bare minimum via Nav Volume settings. Done.
2) Adjusted volume via Radio Service Mode Info Button. Done.

Still too loud : (

Looks like potentiometer is the way to go.

Thanks.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJ
Where did you adjust the volume? Adjusting it via Settings-menu is not enough, you need to adjust it via Info-button's nav-min adjustment. If you already did that, then using a potentiometer or fixed resistors is the way to go.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 9
whatheheck is on a distinguished road
Excellent info. Thank you!

Wow, you folks are just like the nice people we have on our M5board.
Very helpful!

Many many thanks!!!!!!!!

I will order the NavCoder next week so I can turn off the light bulb fault messages on my M5 and my wife's 330ci (I converted my license plate bulbs and 3rd brake light bulbs to LED's.)

Thank you folks again for everything.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiJochen
Easy: there is a twsted pair of wires on the nav blue plug. Normally blue/ brown and blue/red. On some cars yellow/brown & yellow/red

red stripe is signal
brown stripe is ground

Fit around a 1 to 10k-Ohm potentiometer

solder one end of pot to brown stripe wire
Cut red stripe wire, solder nav end to other side of pot
Solder radio module end to wiper of pot.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-20-2009, 07:24 PM
francoE38's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 97
francoE38 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiJochen
You get the message stating no LNG language files can be found, because no LNG language files can be found !!

Copy all files in the NavCoder zip file into the same directory

Make sure at least one LNG file exists

If it still doesn't work, email me.
got it working
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-20-2009, 07:31 PM
francoE38's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 97
francoE38 is on a distinguished road
ok got the software
1. I know I have to buy a key
2. where do I buy a ibus interface besides owners web site can some one post picts of the parts I need thanks Franco
I am missing anything else
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:42 PM
sna77's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 249
sna77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by francoE38
ok got the software
1. I know I have to buy a key
2. where do I buy a ibus interface besides owners web site can some one post picts of the parts I need thanks Franco
I am missing anything else
Just buy this:
http://www.reslers.de/IBUS/index.html

If your laptop has a serial port, the serial port one is easy to use...

Mine took about 9 days to come in. He only ships Sunday nights so make sure to order before the weekends over...
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 PM
francoE38's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 97
francoE38 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77
Just buy this:
http://www.reslers.de/IBUS/index.html

If your laptop has a serial port, the serial port one is easy to use...

Mine took about 9 days to come in. He only ships Sunday nights so make sure to order before the weekends over...
ok I will now how do you connect this to the car? pictures please
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.