Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Blademan007
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-11-2024, 05:05 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 2,305
Posted By Blademan007
How is the side mirror EC activated? I thought...

How is the side mirror EC activated? I thought the rear view mirror EC is activated by the sensor facing the front of the car on the rear view mirror, per radar-mirror.com.


Sent from my iPhone...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-11-2024, 04:52 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 2,305
Posted By Blademan007
Thanks all. I'll have to try and search for the...

Thanks all. I'll have to try and search for the part number with EC and heat, and see if Euro wide vision part is avail in USA. I guess I'm glad I purchased from a place that should accept returns..
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-11-2024, 04:10 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 2,305
Posted By Blademan007
Thanks @wpoll. Where did you find those diagrams?...

Thanks @wpoll. Where did you find those diagrams?

I replaced it, but curiously the replacement was missing the additional 2-wire connector from the original (https://imgur.com/CWwKMcq). I used...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-06-2024, 04:01 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 2,305
Posted By Blademan007
How to replace 2006 side mirror glass?

Here's the back of the BMW side mirror glass replacement and what I can peek and see behind the mirror (https://imgur.com/a/j8tRBLI). I was going off some YT and this Pelican Parts guide...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-06-2024, 03:45 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 3,269
Posted By Blademan007
I had a terrible experience with Avin support...

I had a terrible experience with Avin support (surprise, it's offshore, only via email, and not in USA timezone), and am still fighting with them and credit card to accept the nearly $1000 all in...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-21-2023, 03:40 PM
Replies: 54
Views: 34,152
Posted By Blademan007
I replaced my brakes pads, rotors, and shoes all...

I replaced my brakes pads, rotors, and shoes all around, and noticed that the parking brake seems out of adjustment. New Pagid shoes seemed about the same as 18 yr old factory shoes.
Great info on...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-16-2023, 05:07 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,282
Posted By Blademan007
Thanks StephenVA. I'll pick the same OTC 5630...

Thanks StephenVA. I'll pick the same OTC 5630 from FCP (https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/fuel-pressure-tester-kit-otc-5630).
Brah. :D It's under the engine covers. Granted I missed the interior air...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-06-2023, 10:49 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,282
Posted By Blademan007
N62TU fuel pressure schraeder valve location and size

Hi All,

Tracking down code 2B71 on an N62TU engine. Based on this thread (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/106118-06-4-8l-assistance-codes.html), it could be fuel pressure. Is this...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-01-2023, 11:25 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 26,387
Posted By Blademan007
Did you ever find the solution for this? I now...

Did you ever find the solution for this? I now have the fault 0080. My tranny has very hard 1-2, 2-1, 2-3, and 3-2 shifts. It was much worse in more gears, but after a reset of shift adaptations, I...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-01-2023, 10:55 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 3,664
Posted By Blademan007
Dead thread, but this is the only thread with...

Dead thread, but this is the only thread with useful info on a DTC of 2B71 for the DME. Just to be clear, Bzuefishx, you have an e53 4.8is N62 engine, right? The heated steering wheel threw me,...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-29-2022, 06:47 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,251
Posted By Blademan007
How do you remove this piece of trim RT trunk?

Hey all,

I’m installing an stereo and need to run a cable to head unit from DSP next to battery in trunk up the right side of the car. How do I remove this trim piece? Or is there a better routing...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-27-2020, 07:35 PM
Replies: 281
Views: 68,919
Posted By Blademan007
Using VOX for iOS, played a few .flac files of...

Using VOX for iOS, played a few .flac files of various sample/rates all the way up to 192KHz/24bit stereo. All played with no issues and VOX passed song info to amp. BlueBus must downsamples the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-27-2020, 07:21 PM
Replies: 281
Views: 68,919
Posted By Blademan007
- Unplugged analog, no diff. Happens in this...

- Unplugged analog, no diff. Happens in this sequence: play music. Pause music. Electronic tones for 1 second. Then hiss. The hiss continues when amp is turned off. When amp is turned back on, hiss...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-25-2020, 10:49 PM
Replies: 281
Views: 68,919
Posted By Blademan007
Ted, First off, maybe update the 1st post in...

Ted,

First off, maybe update the 1st post in this thread for what you're looking for in each thread/forum: chassis install only, UI feedback, or both. How you want it broken down: e46 or e39/e53,...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-25-2020, 01:22 AM
Replies: 281
Views: 68,919
Posted By Blademan007
Ted, Haha. No mic. I confused the mic blank for...

Ted,
Haha. No mic. I confused the mic blank for the homelink (some cars don’t have the homelink, but all have the mic cutout). I guess if you don’t have a TCU, no mic? Part number for mic:...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-25-2020, 12:50 AM
Replies: 281
Views: 68,919
Posted By Blademan007
Ted, The coolant temp display is so damn cool. ...

Ted,
The coolant temp display is so damn cool.
Feature request: Can the BT chars preceding the coolant temp be used? Would love the ability to select 2 items to display. E.g. oil temp, oil...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-25-2020, 12:43 AM
Replies: 281
Views: 68,919
Posted By Blademan007
Here’s all the parts I used for the e39 NAV DSP...

Here’s all the parts I used for the e39 NAV DSP install.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200625/a9e74924eaeee0ab11c8a0f05ffc156f.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-24-2020, 11:32 PM
Replies: 281
Views: 68,919
Posted By Blademan007
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200625/a1bdeeb5...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200625/a1bdeeb54fb9a239cdea60e8ac4f82b2.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-24-2020, 11:31 PM
Replies: 281
Views: 68,919
Posted By Blademan007
Case: All good. UI: OK. Pressing that switches...

Case: All good.
UI: OK. Pressing that switches between the BlueBus display and the Nav settings menu.
MIC: See attached. I have the blue adaptor to the 6-pin, which connects to the 6-pin cable.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-24-2020, 10:54 PM
Replies: 281
Views: 68,919
Posted By Blademan007
Ted, Installed the BlueBus into my e39 M5. ...

Ted,
Installed the BlueBus into my e39 M5.
Great case, just fyi the clearance for the coax digital was tight. It may have been better to connect all the cables, and then fully tighten down the box...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-23-2020, 05:02 PM
Replies: 281
Views: 68,919
Posted By Blademan007
Nobody seemed to have them in stock, so I ordered...

Nobody seemed to have them in stock, so I ordered them from BMW of South Atlanta (competitive pricing and since they are a dealer, comes with BMW warranty). Arrived after a month, since they had to...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-23-2020, 04:58 PM
Replies: 281
Views: 68,919
Posted By Blademan007
Ted, Correct. Micro USB cable was charging...

Ted,
Correct. Micro USB cable was charging only. Since I'm iOS (no Android data sync cables laying around), I ordered this charging cable from Amazon...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-19-2020, 01:12 AM
Replies: 281
Views: 68,919
Posted By Blademan007
Does the unit need car power, or can it be...

Does the unit need car power, or can it be powered by USB jack to update firmware? I can see the unit on Windows on COM3 (usb), but unable to connect. Don't see the unit on MacOS.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-03-2020, 07:43 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,101
Posted By Blademan007
Yup. Rear wiper will wipe 2 times once enabled,...

Yup. Rear wiper will wipe 2 times once enabled, and never again for entire trip (hours long).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-03-2020, 05:45 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,101
Posted By Blademan007
rear wiper doesn't work (except for 2 wipes)

Rear wiper doesn't work. Sometimes it doesn't work at all during a drive. Sometimes it wipes 2 times and never works again during a drive. I've checked wiring at the rubber boot, and no wires are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.