Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: jsg
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 4,267
Posted By jsg
Me: DS 99% of the time My wife: D 99% of the...

Me: DS 99% of the time
My wife: D 99% of the time

Combined gas mileage for our 4.8 is about 15 mpg, which is weighted more towards city driving...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 3,639
Posted By jsg
Looks great! I have same color/wheel combo...and...

Looks great! I have same color/wheel combo...and my Aero Kit is at the shop getting painted as I type - can't wait - thanks for the preview!
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 4,642
Posted By jsg
doesn't fit my Blackberry... but holds my parking...

doesn't fit my Blackberry... but holds my parking garage access card perfectly...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 12,380
Posted By jsg
:iagree: I will take this one step further... ...

:iagree: I will take this one step further...

I owned a RR Sport supercharged for nearly 2 years (until I test drove the X5 4.8) - no comparison. RRS is big and heavy - really heavy. With...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 5,096
Posted By jsg
From my experience, the A/C light is on whenever...

From my experience, the A/C light is on whenever the climate control is set to Auto (i.e., the green light in the center of the driver side knob is on). So the A/C will automatically be on when you...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Replies: 32
Views: 6,068
Posted By jsg
Till i get bored and need a change....probably...

Till i get bored and need a change....probably about 3 years. Kept my range rover sport about 18 months, but am having more fun with the X.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 3,820
Posted By jsg
You should be able to tint just the fronts and...

You should be able to tint just the fronts and get pretty close to matching the backs. Do a forum search on the topic as I remember an entire thread discussing which brand and %-age matches the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 3,820
Posted By jsg
I say go for it -- i have saphire black 4.8 with...

I say go for it -- i have saphire black 4.8 with the y-spoke 20's and i had all the windows tinted at 20% and aero-kit will be installed in a few weeks...even without the AK, the black car with dark...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,063
Posted By jsg
when the nav voice is speaking, just use the...

when the nav voice is speaking, just use the volume control on the steering wheel or radio unit. This will only work if the voice is speaking at the time....
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 4,805
Posted By jsg
You can get the kit from a wholesaler for about...

You can get the kit from a wholesaler for about $1000. The regioanl dealers I spoke to said it would cost at least $600 for paint. They didn't quote me labor, but you've got to imagine it will be at...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 4,805
Posted By jsg
I was unable to get the kit installed at the...

I was unable to get the kit installed at the factory. My dealer said that it was only available from them after the fact. Further, I called a couple of dealers in my area, and they actually told me...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,531
Posted By jsg
DiFeo in Tenafly, NJ

i had a great purchase experience with diFeo in Tenafly, NJ...my SA was Fred Siegel, who was fantastic. i bought an '07 4.8..about 2.3% off MSRP, which is roughly inline with what Edmund's is showing...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,914
Posted By jsg
Aero kit does NOT include the flares. The kit...

Aero kit does NOT include the flares. The kit consists of 12 pieces in total -- both front and back portions include 3 pieces that are installed to "hold" the new body pices to the existing bumper,...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,944
Posted By jsg
Not sure how soon you need to make your decision,...

Not sure how soon you need to make your decision, but I will be getting an aero kit for my saphire black 4.8 soon....plan to post pics after install and window tinting, but that will be a couple of...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,642
Posted By jsg
Body Shop Reccos?

Anyone have a recco for a qualified paint/body shop in the NYC area? Would like to avoid going to dealer for aero kit paint and install....
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,642
Posted By jsg
Yet More Questions About the Aero Kit...

Taking delivery of the X on Saturday :thumbup: but have a couple of Q's for y'all...

I am seriously considering the Aero Kit but can't get a straight answer from my dealer how much it will cost...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 5,234
Posted By jsg
4.8 on order....didn't test the 3.0, as I know it...

4.8 on order....didn't test the 3.0, as I know it wouldn't be fast enough for my needs (errr..preference). I am coming from a Range Rover Sport Supercharged (and no, the RRS HSE wasn't even...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 6,171
Posted By jsg
Thumbs up I think it looks great. I am going to ask my...

I think it looks great. I am going to ask my dealer what they would charge for it in conjunction with installing my aero kit - i will post the results. They will surely charge 2-3x what a shop...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 4,374
Posted By jsg
Smile So the winner is.....

...the X5! All of your input was very helpful in laying out the pros and cons of each - Thanks!

Finally test drove the 550 today - great ride, super responsive (and I the car I tested didn't...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 4,374
Posted By jsg
i guess that's the real question....both serve...

i guess that's the real question....both serve the same "purpose" in that they are relatively practical vehicles with ample room and luxury...and I will be getting a "fun" car next year (probably new...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 4,374
Posted By jsg
'07 X5 4.8...or...'08 550i?

Ok, so I know you are all somewhat biased here...but i also know that deep down you are all die-hard Bimmer fans...

SO...I am absolutely torn between the X5 and 550. I don't have kids. My wife...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,614
Posted By jsg
A Current RRS Owner's Take

I am a current RRS S/C owner. I was immediately attracted to its looks (which i still think are unmatched) and the fact that it was rover with real capabilities. That was Feb 06.

I just test...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.