Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Herr Bauhaus
Forum: BMW SAV Items for Sale 06-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 8,703
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
Are the tires all-season 20" or...

Are the tires all-season 20" or high-performance/summer? Curious since the car is in NY and I thought northern states would more often get all-season tires on factory delivery.
Forum: X ///M Forum 11-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 12,831
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
Stan, I fully agree with you. My post was meant...

Stan, I fully agree with you. My post was meant to explain the topic title (X5M wins) with some more detail. From a price/performance point of view I would also prefer the X5M. I wish they had make...
Forum: X ///M Forum 11-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 12,831
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
I just bought the magazine and read the test. For...

I just bought the magazine and read the test. For those that want to know: C&D lets X5M win but...

Cayenne Turbo S 0-60 and 0-100 mph is only 0.1s slower and 0.3s faster 0-130mph.
Cayenne Turbo S...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 10,637
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
Response from my service rep: The best is to...

Response from my service rep:

The best is to ask the dealer there to contact their area BMW Factory Representative as our Representative had some information available to him that we did not...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 10,637
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
Pauly, I just sent the following email to my...

Pauly,

I just sent the following email to my BMW service advisor:

"Hi AJ,

An acquaintance with an E70 X5 in NY has the same cracked headlight problem I had a while ago and his dealer is not...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 10,637
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
The headlights do produce a ton of heat, that's...

The headlights do produce a ton of heat, that's why they should not be covered themselves with clearcoat/film. I find it hard to believe a clearcoat applied to the hood would cause the damage.
...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-31-2009, 10:08 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 10,637
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
Although my headlights cracked differently, I got...

Although my headlights cracked differently, I got them replaced under warranty from BMW on my 08 X5 (built February 08) as there seemed to be a manufacturing error with them. A BMW factory rep came...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 19,748
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
The 215's rock and are way cooler than the 214s....

The 215's rock and are way cooler than the 214s. Now all you need is the aerokit installed and front side windows tinted to match the rear sides!
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 3,336
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
I drove my 215 21" summer tires in ice and snow...

I drove my 215 21" summer tires in ice and snow two months ago (Sunrise, AZ @10,000ft elev) and had to drive carefully. I thought it was do-able as long as I drove nice and easy and allowed...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Replies: 572
Views: 176,648
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
Here are two older photos, before I had the front...

Here are two older photos, before I had the front side windows tinted to match the rear side windows. Sorry for the crap quality...


It is essentially the same config (sapphire black, aero,...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Replies: 572
Views: 176,648
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
I am curious: when you say the big change is to...

I am curious: when you say the big change is to the interior, what next to the following is expected to change?

- iDrive
- paddle shifters

As a current E70 (4.8i + aerokit + 21" 214) owner I...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Replies: 572
Views: 176,648
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
Guys, maybe I am remarking the obvious and/or...

Guys, maybe I am remarking the obvious and/or this has already been mentioned elsewhere but the new X5M shows relatively little update from an appearance point of view (bumpers, lights?, iDrive)...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 7,227
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
I have not heard of European BMW's being speed...

I have not heard of European BMW's being speed limited to anything less than 250 km/h. And most German cars limited to 250 run a bit (5-15kmh) faster before the limiter kicks in.

At the same...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 2,348
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
This article indeed proves your point (Range...

This article indeed proves your point (Range Rover Vogue v Lexus LX470 v BMW X5 4.4i v Mercedes ML500 - Vehicle Tests - Overlander 4WD Magazine - Australia's leading four wheel drive magazine...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 2,348
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
BMW sold Rover in 2000. The current Range Rover...

BMW sold Rover in 2000. The current Range Rover was introduced in 2002. (Land Rover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_rover)) while being owned by Ford. Ford sold...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Replies: 36
Views: 7,734
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
Having owned a RX 350 next to my X5 (RX was my...

Having owned a RX 350 next to my X5 (RX was my wife's) my opinion is that the RX is not comparable to the X5. The RX is much smaller in everything (I am 6'5"): the seats, the legroom, the headroom,...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Replies: 63
Views: 18,774
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
I also looked into the M body kit a few month ago...

I also looked into the M body kit a few month ago and came to the same conclusion: it is very expensive to install 'aftermarket' here in the US (parts & labour $7k was quoted to me) and I ended up...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Replies: 63
Views: 18,774
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
Looks great! The only thing I would change are...

Looks great! The only thing I would change are the wheels, the 214 style wheels just don't do it for me. I had them on my sapphire black X5 for 9 months until I decided to shell out the extra money...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Replies: 572
Views: 176,648
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
New bumpers, intercoolers... Looks more like...

New bumpers, intercoolers... Looks more like testing the X5 for the upcoming new TT engines rather than a facelift...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 12,484
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
No problem, I am not offended at all as it was me...

No problem, I am not offended at all as it was me who was wrong. I do indeed recall the issues from a few years back but they seem to have solved it. VAG does have a great reputation in Europe for...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 12,484
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
My bad. I somehow remembered issues with the...

My bad. I somehow remembered issues with the Touareg build quality but after googling on "touareg build quality" it seems it is actually pretty good. I will take my words back and edit the post when...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 12,484
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
I have read a handful of Motortrend...

I have read a handful of Motortrend articles/reviews over the last year and I am never impressed by their rankings/decisions. The seem so always gravitate to boring/non-exciting cars and justify...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Replies: 37
Views: 10,815
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
No, the senior employee for the Porsche...

No, the senior employee for the Porsche dealership I spoke to went to Mexico, not me (unfortunately...)...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Replies: 37
Views: 10,815
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
Coming out of a -silent- W164 ML500 I think my...

Coming out of a -silent- W164 ML500 I think my E70 X5 4.8i already has a good exhaust rumble (both from the inside and outside). Frankly, I would not want more noise in my X5 unless it would be...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Replies: 572
Views: 176,648
Posted By Herr Bauhaus
New bumpers + jacked up... maybe they are testing...

New bumpers + jacked up... maybe they are testing an off-road package?

I find it very hard to believe this is a mid-cycle facelift if it only involved bumpers that actually look less modern /...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.