Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: reyxlp
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Replies: 54
Views: 25,538
Posted By reyxlp
Sorry - do you mean that the air suspension is...

Sorry - do you mean that the air suspension is quirkier on the X5 or that it's quirkier on the CTT?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Replies: 54
Views: 25,538
Posted By reyxlp
Icer- how do you like your Cayenne TT vs the 4.8?

Icer- how do you like your Cayenne TT vs the 4.8?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 3,806
Posted By reyxlp
Tire pressure warning light just won't leave me alone...

06 4.8is - anyone else have trouble with this?

I know they act up sometimes on all BMWs but this is really driving me nuts.

Have reset multiple times after adjusting to OEM door sticker value...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Replies: 54
Views: 25,538
Posted By reyxlp
I went with the 4.8is. Love driving the car...

I went with the 4.8is.

Love driving the car but I have to say I've been alarmed at the amount of work it's needed. See my recent thread here...:
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 3,770
Posted By reyxlp
MotorDavid: Thanks for the reply... I...

MotorDavid:

Thanks for the reply...

I meant to keep my X for a long time. I'd been in love with the E53 since it was first introduced but couldn't afford a new one so I'd been stalking the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 3,770
Posted By reyxlp
One year left of CPO, considering Century Warranty Services... Any advice?

Have absolutely loved my '06 4.8 though I have been surprised at how much work it has needed so far.

Picked her up CPO off-lease in Dec 2009 with 30k miles.

So far...:

- Mirrors replaced...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,624
Posted By reyxlp
Transfer case fill plug missing / CPO...?

Had the X5 in for some regular maintenance, recently thought I'd been seeing a bit of a leak and slight drivetrain groan and parking lot speeds.

Turns out my transfer case fill plug was missing -...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,753
Posted By reyxlp
Strange smoke, worried to drive home...!

'06 4.8is, 39k mi...

Noticed when I parked at work today there was a mild but very steady stream of white smoke slipping out through the front kidneys. Popped the hood and couldn't really find the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Replies: 35
Views: 7,378
Posted By reyxlp
It's all about wheel width size and tires. ...

It's all about wheel width size and tires.

I once ran Bridgestone Blizzak WSxx on a rear wheel drive sports coupe for a winter and took the car out in the middle of a storm (I was young, stupid...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,068
Posted By reyxlp
Yeah, I'm still very happy with them. It is...

Yeah, I'm still very happy with them.

It is an all-season tire so, again, don't expect the summer performance of the Diamaris nor the winter performance of a dedicated ice/snow setup, but, I'm...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Replies: 40
Views: 10,713
Posted By reyxlp
"PO" = "Previous Owner"

"PO" = "Previous Owner"
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 6,879
Posted By reyxlp
I agree with the poster a few messages ago about...

I agree with the poster a few messages ago about re-balancing your wheels.

If you haven't already, consider going to a shop that uses a Hunter GSP9700 with technicians that know how to use it...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,019
Posted By reyxlp
Is there a DIY writeup for 4.8is trans fluid/filter?

I apologize in advance if I totally missed this. I found lots of info for other models but couldn't locate a DIY for trans fluid/filter service (drain and fill, filter, pan etc.) for E53 4.8is.
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 3,953
Posted By reyxlp
With any vibration/shimmy issues, always begin...

With any vibration/shimmy issues, always begin with wheel balance, preferably on a Hunter with Roadforce. Usually cost the same as the first hour's labor to diagnose the problem. On the five BMWs...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,068
Posted By reyxlp
Continental DWS did great in snow! :)

Was hoping to find one tire to run all year round on my E53 4.8is w/OEM 20s. Based on combination of reviews and price at TireRack, I installed Continental ExtremeContact DWSs a few weeks ago.
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,407
Posted By reyxlp
I already put it in storage but I will go back...

I already put it in storage but I will go back sometime and check for production date and also take some pics to post.

Am hoping for some snow to test out the DSWs. Too early to report any...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,407
Posted By reyxlp
Wow, surprise inside my tire!

Picked up a 4.8is in December and about a week ago I replaced the stock 20 Diamaris, decided to give the Continental DWS's a try.

The Diamaris -- all four -- looked great from the *outside* with...
Forum: Dealer Info 01-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 3,952
Posted By reyxlp
Dealer experience started out well but quickly getting worse...

Bought a X5 from JMK in Springfield, NJ. Saw it online, dealt with the Internet Sales Manager who appears to be 100%. Gave me a decent price on my trade-in. I didn't haggle back and forth over price,...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 2,241
Posted By reyxlp
Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa

Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 5,383
Posted By reyxlp
Same happened on my E32. Fan clutch went first,...

Same happened on my E32. Fan clutch went first, shortly followed by water pump and thermostat.

Makes sense because they are all related and subject to overheating if one element fails.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Replies: 59
Views: 10,358
Posted By reyxlp
What do you do, exactly? What does "winterizing"...

What do you do, exactly? What does "winterizing" consist of? How do you prep for summer months, too? New X5 owner and curious - thanks!
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Replies: 59
Views: 10,358
Posted By reyxlp
I've had great experiences so far with Mike at...

I've had great experiences so far with Mike at Euromeccanica (Euromeccanica - Auto Maintenance & Repair Services (http://www.euromeccanicany.com/))

Did great work on my friend's E46 and my E31.
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Replies: 68
Views: 17,836
Posted By reyxlp
Lionel: For my taste, I think the neon will...

Lionel:

For my taste, I think the neon will look absolutely horrible, lol, but life is short so if it makes you happy and you're not (physically) hurting anyone (though we will all emotionally be...
Forum: BMW SAV Items Wanted to Buy 12-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,027
Posted By reyxlp
WTB: Style 69 or 99

Looking for Style 69 or Style 99 factory OEM 18s.

Price relative to condition.

Tires not necessary but if included, only winter tires please.

Located in NY. Prefer local pickup in...
Forum: BMW SAV Items for Sale 12-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,682
Posted By reyxlp
Still available? If so please PM me. Thanks.

Still available? If so please PM me.

Thanks.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.