Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: IndyRon
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 15,013
Posted By IndyRon
I run the BMW 214's (the Y-spoke 20" wheels you...

I run the BMW 214's (the Y-spoke 20" wheels you are referring to) on Dunlop runflats in the summer and I have a set of factory 18" BMW wheels with all season bridgestone tires that are not run flats...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 8,133
Posted By IndyRon
I've also been waiting for clears since I have a...

I've also been waiting for clears since I have a white vehicle. If anyone hears about the clears being available for 2011-2012 models please post up.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 8,711
Posted By IndyRon
I think the tint was either 15% or 20%...whatever...

I think the tint was either 15% or 20%...whatever was the darkest offered besides limo/5%. It isn't as dark as it looks in the picture above. In this picture, you can see that it is actually not...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 8,711
Posted By IndyRon
Had it done by a local body shop that I trust. I...

Had it done by a local body shop that I trust. I believe they charged me $250 which included the labor to remove the old ones, clean the surfaces on the door, paint the new ones and install.

I...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Replies: 28
Views: 20,260
Posted By IndyRon
Here is a pic of my 214's after getting them back...

Here is a pic of my 214's after getting them back from being black chromed.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/rpinieck/BMW%20Pics/100_4255a.jpg
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 8,711
Posted By IndyRon
Here is a pic of mine after I had it done. ...

Here is a pic of mine after I had it done. Replaced it with X5M molding, had it painted and installed and debadged as well. The paintable molding is different from the factory crappy black textured...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 06-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 8,842
Posted By IndyRon
Excellent post and points...

Excellent post and points...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-30-2011, 12:53 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 2,849
Posted By IndyRon
The 8500k GP thunders are a close match in the...

The 8500k GP thunders are a close match in the halo's but the foglights in 8500k are actually quite blue. A better match in the fogs is the 7500k GP thunders.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 5,070
Posted By IndyRon
I agree. Some of us prefer to have the windows...

I agree. Some of us prefer to have the windows down and it is a waste to run the compressor and A/C or even the blower in this situation. It is up there with the "slam the car in park if you open...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 2,950
Posted By IndyRon
I have 13k on mine so far. I ordered the sport...

I have 13k on mine so far. I ordered the sport package with 20" wheels and I run 18" in the winter on non-RFT's which are SIGNIFICANTLY lighter than the 20" with RFT's. I went on a road trip in...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Replies: 30
Views: 12,794
Posted By IndyRon
I recently towed approximately 3000lbs tandem...

I recently towed approximately 3000lbs tandem seadoo's with trailer and I averaged 22mpg doing 75 on my 800 mile trip with a truckload of stuff in the back. Didn't even know they were back there on...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 4,075
Posted By IndyRon
I've been told by more than one individual that...

I've been told by more than one individual that the holding onto gears when cold has nothing to do with the transmission. It was intentionally programmed this way by the engineers to help heat the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 8,624
Posted By IndyRon
I don't disagree with the comments that are...

I don't disagree with the comments that are stated above...the door was opened earlier so I just walked through it. FYI, M1, while good enough for BMW, is no longer good enough for me but as stated...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-21-2011, 12:41 AM
Replies: 38
Views: 8,624
Posted By IndyRon
Not directly related to whether or not it should...

Not directly related to whether or not it should be used as an OEM oil replacement, but for those using Mobil 1 "synthetic" and thinking it is a top shelf oil it may be worthwhile to do a little more...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Replies: 54
Views: 18,497
Posted By IndyRon
I loved the RR sport S/C and almost purchased...

I loved the RR sport S/C and almost purchased one. The RR interior is much nicer. I have the nappa leather wrapped dash and extended leather in my X and the RR with the accent stitching is still...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,364
Posted By IndyRon
I would of paid you $350 for it if you'd have...

I would of paid you $350 for it if you'd have posted it for sale about a week ago. Just got mine back from being installed.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 16,388
Posted By IndyRon
I agree with everything posted above but will say...

I agree with everything posted above but will say I'm exactly 6' tall and the multicontour seats still have bolsters on the sides of the bottom cushion that makes it difficult to get over when...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 3,020
Posted By IndyRon
I like the painted ones also, but just think the...

I like the painted ones also, but just think the price is too much for a passive reflector. They do look good on there though.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 7,737
Posted By IndyRon
Mine has never taken more than 1 second of delay...

Mine has never taken more than 1 second of delay after hitting the start button to heat the glow plugs before starting even in -1F in Indiana. I've also never seen my Tach bounce like that no matter...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 3,020
Posted By IndyRon
I'm anxiously awaiting the clear reflectors for...

I'm anxiously awaiting the clear reflectors for the front for my 2011 White X5. Since the reflectors are longer than the previous year vehicles I need to wait for the '11 model clears to come out. ...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Replies: 70
Views: 20,607
Posted By IndyRon
I'm at 22.8 mpg in my 35d for the life of the...

I'm at 22.8 mpg in my 35d for the life of the vehicle 0-9500 miles doing the math by hand. I don't baby it, 80 on the highways and probably 60% highway/40% city.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 8,864
Posted By IndyRon
I agree with the above. I went back and forth on...

I agree with the above. I went back and forth on an '11 RR Sport SC with the piano black, alcantara interior vs. the X5. I loved the RR and it was just beautiful. The vehicle was so fun to drive...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 6,544
Posted By IndyRon
If you do decide to sell the Piano Black I'd be...

If you do decide to sell the Piano Black I'd be interested. I have dark bamboo and like it but love the piano black.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-27-2011, 11:37 PM
Replies: 40
Views: 9,439
Posted By IndyRon
Seriously, smell?? Have you even driven a X5D? ...

Seriously, smell?? Have you even driven a X5D? They have NO smell, not even at startup like the gasoline engines do when cold.

As far as MPG, I drive 60% highway and 40% city in my X5D, I am...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 7,672
Posted By IndyRon
Are you able to get the pin in the receiver when...

Are you able to get the pin in the receiver when the ball and tongue are inserted with that little of clearance? If so, that is the way I'd like mine.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 73

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.