Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: h2oskiphil
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-17-2023, 10:22 AM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,023
Posted By h2oskiphil
Air suspension fully inflates unless I'm in transport mode.

2004 X5 4.4, single axle air suspension. Replaced ride height sensors and right rear air bag. Trying to reset system in INPA to get rid of the dreaded SELFLEVELSUSP.INACT message. Can manually set...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-12-2023, 11:14 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 855
Posted By h2oskiphil
Which Foxwell scanner are you using? I've got a...

Which Foxwell scanner are you using? I've got a really cheap scanner that's generic and pretty much only reads engine codes, I have Carly, which reads some codes but not others and really isn't very...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-11-2023, 03:03 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 855
Posted By h2oskiphil
How do I reset SELFLEVEL SUSP INACT after air bag and ride height sensor replacement?

Single axle adjustable suspension. I had a ride height sensor go out, and an air bag issue. Replaced both. I have INPA, and I've figured out how to manually adjust ride height to get it set at the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-03-2021, 09:31 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 976
Posted By h2oskiphil
Is there anything else I would need to do to...

Is there anything else I would need to do to enable BT other than find a later model module? Is it plug and play?


I'm seeing them on eBay for $30....is it really that easy and cheap?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-02-2021, 02:05 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 976
Posted By h2oskiphil
Probably a repeat Bluetooth question, but I couldn't find an answer.

2004 E53 4.4, build date 4/2004. Steering wheel has phone controls, as does the radio/CD player. No nav. When I opened the left rear compartment where the nav DVD player and the CD changer would be...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-06-2015, 08:33 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,063
Posted By h2oskiphil
2004 X5 4.4 front differential question

I had the front right CV axle replaced a couple of weeks ago, and last weekend, the X started making a weird noise after a couple hundred miles of driving. I thought it was coming from the right...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 972
Posted By h2oskiphil
I just got out from underneath it...there's SOME...

I just got out from underneath it...there's SOME play in the control arm bushing, but there's a LOT of play on the other end of the control arm, which would lead me to believe that it's probably the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 972
Posted By h2oskiphil
Having a couple of issues (post-idle smoke, LF strut "loose"?)

So my 04 4.4 (110K miles) is having the dreaded post-long-idle smoke cloud walk of shame. Really only started after an oil change, when they took me down to 5W30 instead of the 10W30 I had been...
Forum: BMW SAV Items for Sale 01-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Replies: 223
Views: 45,780
Posted By h2oskiphil
How much for the rear seat headrests and the...

How much for the rear seat headrests and the Bluetooth module?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 9,215
Posted By h2oskiphil
And THAT is how you get an answer to a question....

And THAT is how you get an answer to a question. Sure enough-came from the factory with DSP. So, I guess the next steps are to get a DSP adapter from DICE, and start looking for the correct...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 9,215
Posted By h2oskiphil
Oh, and the wires are the wiring harness for my...

Oh, and the wires are the wiring harness for my 4-pin trailer harness. I got lazy and decided not to cut them to length.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 9,215
Posted By h2oskiphil
I could never get my phone to link up with the...

I could never get my phone to link up with the factory installed Bluetooth. It would occasionally see it, but not always, and it wouldn't ever link up. I asked a lot of questions about it when I...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 9,215
Posted By h2oskiphil
I don't have a nav system.

I don't have a nav system.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,426
Posted By h2oskiphil
Thanks for the help. Replacement sensor showed up...

Thanks for the help. Replacement sensor showed up yesterday, replaced it this morning. Pretty easy job once the wheel is off, other than the damn electrical connector tabs breaking (love electrical...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 9,215
Posted By h2oskiphil
OK, I'm confused. Do I have DSP, or don't I? 04 X5, non nav....

...single disc player in dash above the radio/MID. No DSP button anywhere that I can see.

I bought a DICE Mediabridge to integrate my phone and an iPod. Didn't buy a DPS adapter because I didn't...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,426
Posted By h2oskiphil
Quick self-level suspension question-2004 X5 4.4.

Got the dreaded "selflevel inactive" message a couple of days ago. Vehicle is not riding low at front or rear or at any corner. Compressor is working-I hooked my boat trailer up, and the rear end...
Forum: Mobile Electronics Forum 01-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,844
Posted By h2oskiphil
I messed with that plug, and there's no way to...

I messed with that plug, and there's no way to put it in upside down or put it on the wrong sets of pins at the back of the CD53. That was the suggestion DICE gave me when I called them and asked...
Forum: BMW SAV Items for Sale 01-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 7,288
Posted By h2oskiphil
I'm interested in the cup holder, if you've still...

I'm interested in the cup holder, if you've still got it.
Forum: Mobile Electronics Forum 01-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Replies: 932
Views: 195,423
Posted By h2oskiphil
I'll double check that....I don't think it is,...

I'll double check that....I don't think it is, but I wasn't paying really close attention to it. I've got a wiring diagram for the CD53, and I verified that the wires coming into the plug that goes...
Forum: Mobile Electronics Forum 01-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Replies: 932
Views: 195,423
Posted By h2oskiphil
Mine shows track titles, etc on my CD53 in both...

Mine shows track titles, etc on my CD53 in both iPod and Bluetooth modes, but I've got no audio at all. I mounted mine in front of the center console, I've got signal at the end of the DICE harness,...
Forum: Mobile Electronics Forum 01-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Replies: 932
Views: 195,423
Posted By h2oskiphil
Welcome to the wonderful world if DICE products....

Welcome to the wonderful world if DICE products. I've been trying for a week to get a Mediabridge to work with my 04 X5 with absolutely no success.

I'm about 2 days from pulling the whole thing...
Forum: Mobile Electronics Forum 01-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,844
Posted By h2oskiphil
Additional info after messing with this thing for...

Additional info after messing with this thing for a week....he system recognizes that SOMETHING is plugged into the CD changer input-prior to the install, the "mode" button only toggled between the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,697
Posted By h2oskiphil
CAn someone with a non-nav, with CD changer E53 check something easy for me?

Need to know how many wires are in the 6-pin connector coming out of your CD changer and going up to your dash. I assume anyone with a non-nav CD changer has the Professional single disc player in...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,697
Posted By h2oskiphil
I should have one....I just put a hitch on my...

I should have one....I just put a hitch on my 2004.

PM me and we can work out details.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 3,769
Posted By h2oskiphil
Should the CD player recognize an audio signal...

Should the CD player recognize an audio signal from (what's supposed to be) the CD changer and pass it through to the amp?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.