Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Elkman
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-18-2019, 10:31 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 3,015
Posted By Elkman
If it can read and clear misfire codes it will.

If it can read and clear misfire codes it will.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-18-2019, 07:39 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 3,015
Posted By Elkman
Glad I could help, I have gotten help here in the...

Glad I could help, I have gotten help here in the past.
I have a youtube link for you, Others and I have done this with success. He recommends 1 oz. per cylinder I used a lot more....
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-18-2019, 06:23 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 3,015
Posted By Elkman
Did you clear the codes after the new spark plug?...

Did you clear the codes after the new spark plug? The DME will cut off the fuel injector to a cylinder that has multiple misfires, clearing the code will turn it back on.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-07-2019, 11:35 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
Update on the DME fix.

Update on my misfire on cylinder #3 (no trigger from DME to #3 coil) I did not send the DME off for repair. Instead I got a DME on E-Bay. The description said A used MS43 DME with no EWS chipkey...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-03-2019, 08:38 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,060
Posted By Elkman
I've got a story from last winter during a...

I've got a story from last winter during a 0-degree cold snap. I started my Kubota utility tractor to feed hay to the cattle, and I also noticed some funny sounds. Pulled it back in the barn and...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-25-2019, 06:31 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
Update

Update on my misfire on cylinder #3 (no trigger from DME to #3 coil) I have not sent the DME off for repair attempt yet, but I tried a used wire harness and got the same results, so I guess the DME...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-16-2019, 01:39 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 10,462
Posted By Elkman
No Issues, it has 103,000 miles on it and has...

No Issues, it has 103,000 miles on it and has been parked in storage for 7 years, and I think new fluid would be a good idea.


You are doing good with your X5.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-16-2019, 01:02 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 10,462
Posted By Elkman
Thanks for the heads up. After checking with...

Thanks for the heads up. After checking with Allison I am going to do a double drain and refill on my GMC 2002 2500HD that has the Dex III Allison transmission in it. I put Dex VI in it last year and...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-15-2019, 11:26 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 10,462
Posted By Elkman
Thanks for your help, I went with German RAVENOL ...

Thanks for your help, I went with German RAVENOL Automatic Transmission Fluid.-Because it was specifically designed and approved by General Motors for BMW/GM automatic transmissions.
-It is a...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-15-2019, 10:49 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 10,462
Posted By Elkman
Transmission fluid choices, 2003 X5 3.0i

I am getting ready to change transmission fluid on my 2003 3.0i. It has the GM A5S390R transmissionand the transmission label calls for 83220024359. The BMW parts houses all seem to carry and...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-07-2019, 04:09 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
Exactly, that is what I tried to express as the...

Exactly, that is what I tried to express as the reason for repair instead of buying a used one.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-06-2019, 09:10 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,007
Posted By Elkman
Thank you. Electronics are my weak point and your...

Thank you. Electronics are my weak point and your information is very helpful. I'll make sure that who ever does the repair has the capability to repair the coil driver chip(s)
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,007
Posted By Elkman
That is good advice. You stated The DME does...

That is good advice.
You stated The DME does have a coil driver chip, this might be my problem with not getting a pulse to the Cyl #3 coil. Would there be a coil driver chip for each of the 6...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-06-2019, 06:19 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,007
Posted By Elkman
Have you had a DME repaired?

Has anybody sent their DME off to have it repaired? If so, how did it work out for you? I have found a couple of places that say they can fix/rebuild them without the security VIN problems I have...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-06-2019, 05:42 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
I thought of that, but I decided to try the...

I thought of that, but I decided to try the harness first.
Would it not be better to send my DME off to have it repaired? I have found a couple of places that say they can fix/rebuild them without...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
Cylinder compression was within 10%. of each...

Cylinder compression was within 10%. of each other.

I have concluded cyl #3 coil is not getting a pulse. See above.


Bad wire harness? Bad DME?

I just bought a used wire harness on E-Bay...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
What happens is when I clear the misfire code and...

What happens is when I clear the misfire code and start the car #3 injector works for 15 or 30 seconds then the DME turns it off which is normal when it detects a misfire, I think. This happens the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-05-2019, 05:45 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
I may have been wrong, both scanners are for only...

I may have been wrong, both scanners are for only BMW autos one I got from Bavarian autosport 10 years ago it is round with a 2 digit display and 2 buttons. the other one is new and has more...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
What happens is when I clear the misfire code and...

What happens is when I clear the misfire code and start the car #3 injector works for 15 or 30 seconds then the DME turns it off which is normal when it detects a misfire, I think. This happens the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
Both before and after on the misfire 4 different...

Both before and after on the misfire 4 different times.
I have two code readers, one with live data.
No BMW proprietary scanner was used.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-05-2019, 04:16 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
Misfire cyl #3 is the only code that comes up. ...

Misfire cyl #3 is the only code that comes up.
I do have 02 sensors that are acting up, Not active during live streaming, i think they were the post cat ones. but no o2 sensors codes come up.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
I used a grounded plug tester light as well as...

I used a grounded plug tester light as well as moving coils and plugs around, all coils were good. I tested the pulse to all the fuel injectors as well as the operation of all fuel injectors all were...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-05-2019, 03:46 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
Yes I have, it is not the coil, plugs or fuel...

Yes I have, it is not the coil, plugs or fuel injector or a vacuum leak. I have thoroughly tested all of that.
The -.2 resistance reading is about the same if I touch the 2 multimeter leads...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,285
Posted By Elkman
cyl #3 coil is not getting a pulse. -UPDATE FIXED-

I have a 2003 X5 3.0i After ruling out all other possibilities on the Cyl #3 misfire, I have concluded cyl #3 coil is not getting a pulse. I measured the resistance on all 3 wires from the DME...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.