Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   X5 (E53) Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/)
-   -   Gremlins OR FSR? (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/111611-gremlins-fsr.html)

Bmwtvboy 03-03-2020 02:52 PM

Gremlins OR FSR?
 
1. Was told my CCM on dash was toast. Bought another off ebay.
2. Hooked it up. Nothing, no lights, nothing.
3. Light test/current the 34,48, 3,fuses. Nothing. No current at fuse and no current at the power connection to the CCM.
4. Disconnect the new / used ebay unit and voila, Rear blower fan kicks on when ignition is in Key position 2. Fuses still show NO current.
5. Turn off key, rear fan goes off.
What is going on? Is this a FSR part? It was replaced with Behr about 6 years ago. I noticed issues with original CCM, blowing fuse/34,48, n only rising the fan motor in MAX, but still able to lower the fan . A/C worked fine, but only on 60 degrees/cold, any other temp/blew the fuses.
What should I do not to waste money throwing parts? Could it need a new FSR? That's cool. Is it a General Module? Can't figure out why not power to the fuses.
Thank you.:dunno::dunno:

Clavurion 03-03-2020 06:19 PM

Did you measure if there is voltage on the rail side of those fuses?

Terminal 30 (continuous) - F3 - Ignition switch (pos.2) - rear blower final stage
Terminal 15 (ignition pos.2) - F34 - IHKA (+rear defogger relay)
Terminal 30 (continuous) - F48 - IHKA

Bmwtvboy 03-03-2020 07:47 PM

Rail side?
 
Not sure I understand. I light tested the bottom of the fuse spot, closest to
the glove box door. Do I need to test the top spot of the fuse?
I think I can test 12volt with my voltmeter.
This is all new and electrical isn't my strength. Learning as I go.
Thanks.
J

Overboost 03-03-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwtvboy (Post 1178999)
Not sure I understand. I light tested the bottom of the fuse spot, closest to
the glove box door. Do I need to test the top spot of the fuse?
I think I can test 12volt with my voltmeter.
This is all new and electrical isn't my strength. Learning as I go.
Thanks.
J

There is a supply and there is a load on every fuse. Check both sides of the fuse to make sure you are measuring the load side of the fuse.

Bmwtvboy 03-03-2020 08:25 PM

OK, so lets say I check tomorrow AM and both sides of those fuses are dead. The fuses were checked and are OK, not blown.
Is this going to be a general module issue?
Is possible to be just the FSR? Nothing works, but I get a rear blower fan working when the car is on. Goes off when I turn off the car. Why would this be wired this way?
DOes the FSR control the CCM through a module?
J

Clavurion 03-03-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 1179000)
There is a supply and there is a load on every fuse. Check both sides of the fuse to make sure you are measuring the load side of the fuse.

On supply rail side measure voltage against any ground point. And on load side you can measure the resistance (current draw it the fuse would be connected) against ground.

Clavurion 03-03-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwtvboy (Post 1179005)
OK, so lets say I check tomorrow AM and both sides of those fuses are dead. The fuses were checked and are OK, not blown.
Is this going to be a general module issue?
Is possible to be just the FSR? Nothing works, but I get a rear blower fan working when the car is on. Goes off when I turn off the car. Why would this be wired this way?
DOes the FSR control the CCM through a module?
J

As an example if there is no voltage on supply rail side of fuse F48 it would mean the the main fuse F200 is blown or the wiring between is broken. If F200 was blown there would be a few other fuses without supply.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...8-fuse/bnOfrAw

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...0i-sav/c2JTMdA

Overboost 03-03-2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clavurion (Post 1179007)
As an example if there is no voltage on supply rail side of fuse F48 it would mean the the main fuse F200 is blown or the wiring between is broken. If F200 was blown there would be a few other fuses without supply.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...8-fuse/bnOfrAw

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...0i-sav/c2JTMdA

This. :thumbup:

Bmwtvboy 03-03-2020 09:11 PM

Where do I find this F200 fuse? Is it on the main fuse line in the dash?

Bmwtvboy 03-03-2020 09:12 PM

Found it, Thanks, in the rear next to the air pressure tank.
Next,where does one buy this F200 fuse, or is a breaker switch?
J


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.