Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-03-2020, 02:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 433
Bmwtvboy is on a distinguished road
Gremlins OR FSR?

1. Was told my CCM on dash was toast. Bought another off ebay.
2. Hooked it up. Nothing, no lights, nothing.
3. Light test/current the 34,48, 3,fuses. Nothing. No current at fuse and no current at the power connection to the CCM.
4. Disconnect the new / used ebay unit and voila, Rear blower fan kicks on when ignition is in Key position 2. Fuses still show NO current.
5. Turn off key, rear fan goes off.
What is going on? Is this a FSR part? It was replaced with Behr about 6 years ago. I noticed issues with original CCM, blowing fuse/34,48, n only rising the fan motor in MAX, but still able to lower the fan . A/C worked fine, but only on 60 degrees/cold, any other temp/blew the fuses.
What should I do not to waste money throwing parts? Could it need a new FSR? That's cool. Is it a General Module? Can't figure out why not power to the fuses.
Thank you.
__________________
X5 3.0 AUTO -2001 - 238,000 miles
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 03-03-2020, 06:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 471
Clavurion is on a distinguished road
Did you measure if there is voltage on the rail side of those fuses?

Terminal 30 (continuous) - F3 - Ignition switch (pos.2) - rear blower final stage
Terminal 15 (ignition pos.2) - F34 - IHKA (+rear defogger relay)
Terminal 30 (continuous) - F48 - IHKA
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2020, 07:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 433
Bmwtvboy is on a distinguished road
Rail side?

Not sure I understand. I light tested the bottom of the fuse spot, closest to
the glove box door. Do I need to test the top spot of the fuse?
I think I can test 12volt with my voltmeter.
This is all new and electrical isn't my strength. Learning as I go.
Thanks.
J
__________________
X5 3.0 AUTO -2001 - 238,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2020, 07:56 PM
Overboost's Avatar
//Binary is in my DNA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 2,599
Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwtvboy View Post
Not sure I understand. I light tested the bottom of the fuse spot, closest to
the glove box door. Do I need to test the top spot of the fuse?
I think I can test 12volt with my voltmeter.
This is all new and electrical isn't my strength. Learning as I go.
Thanks.
J
There is a supply and there is a load on every fuse. Check both sides of the fuse to make sure you are measuring the load side of the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2020, 08:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 433
Bmwtvboy is on a distinguished road
OK, so lets say I check tomorrow AM and both sides of those fuses are dead. The fuses were checked and are OK, not blown.
Is this going to be a general module issue?
Is possible to be just the FSR? Nothing works, but I get a rear blower fan working when the car is on. Goes off when I turn off the car. Why would this be wired this way?
DOes the FSR control the CCM through a module?
J
__________________
X5 3.0 AUTO -2001 - 238,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2020, 08:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 471
Clavurion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
There is a supply and there is a load on every fuse. Check both sides of the fuse to make sure you are measuring the load side of the fuse.
On supply rail side measure voltage against any ground point. And on load side you can measure the resistance (current draw it the fuse would be connected) against ground.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-03-2020, 08:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 471
Clavurion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwtvboy View Post
OK, so lets say I check tomorrow AM and both sides of those fuses are dead. The fuses were checked and are OK, not blown.
Is this going to be a general module issue?
Is possible to be just the FSR? Nothing works, but I get a rear blower fan working when the car is on. Goes off when I turn off the car. Why would this be wired this way?
DOes the FSR control the CCM through a module?
J
As an example if there is no voltage on supply rail side of fuse F48 it would mean the the main fuse F200 is blown or the wiring between is broken. If F200 was blown there would be a few other fuses without supply.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...8-fuse/bnOfrAw

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...0i-sav/c2JTMdA
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2020, 08:45 PM
Overboost's Avatar
//Binary is in my DNA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 2,599
Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavurion View Post
As an example if there is no voltage on supply rail side of fuse F48 it would mean the the main fuse F200 is blown or the wiring between is broken. If F200 was blown there would be a few other fuses without supply.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...8-fuse/bnOfrAw

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...0i-sav/c2JTMdA
This.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-03-2020, 09:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 433
Bmwtvboy is on a distinguished road
Where do I find this F200 fuse? Is it on the main fuse line in the dash?
__________________
X5 3.0 AUTO -2001 - 238,000 miles
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-03-2020, 09:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 433
Bmwtvboy is on a distinguished road
Found it, Thanks, in the rear next to the air pressure tank.
Next,where does one buy this F200 fuse, or is a breaker switch?
J
__________________
X5 3.0 AUTO -2001 - 238,000 miles
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.