Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X ///M Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 09-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 829
apw2607 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeM3 View Post
I just test drove the X5M, and I have one word to describe it...M-AZING! The exhaust sounded sick, and the throttle response was crazy!! I wasn't crazy about the Silverstone, but I loved everything else about the car.
Nice ... I think you need to upgrade so your X5 properly complements your M3 ;-)
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #102  
Old 09-02-2009, 01:01 AM
4.6is Ryder's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,508
4.6is Ryder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilliwilli View Post
Although not 87's...these look out of place on the E70 to you?


These don't look that far off from 87's...


IMO aggressive wheels look great on any aggressive vehicle design...i'm convinced with gunmetal 87's...but then again, to each his reach, right?
Don't think I could've said it any better......Phil
__________________
2011.5 Dinan ///M3:
SSII DCT
Competition Pkg
Convenience Pkg
Premium Pkg 2
Heated Seats
Enhanced Premium Sound
Black Kidney Grills
BMW M Performance Steering Wheel
BMW Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler
BMW Aluminum Pedals
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan Mid-Exhaust (x-pipe)
Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake
Dinan Performance Tune
Dinan Pulley Kit
Dinan CH-R Wheels
Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces
Arkym Front Lip
Carbon Reflectors
Lux H8 V3
Brembo 365mm BBK
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-02-2009, 07:55 AM
AwesomeM3's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 253
AwesomeM3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Nice ... I think you need to upgrade so your X5 properly complements your M3 ;-)
I agree...if it weren't for the $30,000 difference, I would consider it. Maybe I'll do the upgrade in a few years.
__________________

2009 E70 X5 xDrive 48i M Sport
2008 E92 M3 Coupe 6MT
2001 E46 M3 - Sold | 1997 E36 M3 - Sold | BMW CCA member
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 09-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 527
nynd is on a distinguished road
Also - no 3rd row seats on an M!!!
__________________
SOLD - 08 X5 (Titanium Silver w/Black Nevada with all options).
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 PM
4.6is Ryder's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,508
4.6is Ryder is on a distinguished road
Well gang, it's my turn. For all of you who are on the fence about the X6///M, I hope you get poked in the Azz. This X is the new standard in performance SAV / SUV class vehicles. So I am out running around this morning and decide to check in with my boy at the dealership.....YES, he tells me the X5///M came off the truck last night, I say, I'm there in 20 minutes. To my surprise, I arrive and he throws me the key and says" don't flip it over". That's not the surprise, I hit the unlock button and it's a Jet Black with Silverstone II Merino leather and Piano Black trim X6///M So now the juices are really flowing...not only is it a X6///M, but I get to test drive it alone Let me say this, to all who are concerned about cargo space and hauling stuff. All you need to know is this X hauls azz!!! This thing is all ///M. The first thing you notice is the exhaust note as you hit the magic button. After the initial slow drive warm up, I hit the ///M button and all hell breaks loose. The throttle response is so good that you would think it's anticipating your next move. The rev limiter is begging to be removed. Like B, I found myself testing to see how it would respond at the redline. All it does is bounce and wait for you to change gears. You definitely don't get the engine shutdown mode. The exhaust is intoxicating as you go from second to third gear. I found the seats to hold like velcro...granted I'm only 6ft. 175lbs. The brakes are what you would expect from a ///M car. The HUD was nice in ///M mode with the RPM being displayed. I found limited body roll if any. This was suprising from such a high profile vehicle. This particular vehicle was priced around 94k but it was loaded nicely....HUD, comfort access, Premium sound, Sat radio, Power tailgate and a few other goodies. I was told that there shouldn't be any market value mark ups in the Houston area....we'll have to see about that. Overall, I would say that this is my next whip......Phil

Photos courtesy of the Blackberry Storm
Attached Images
    
__________________
2011.5 Dinan ///M3:
SSII DCT
Competition Pkg
Convenience Pkg
Premium Pkg 2
Heated Seats
Enhanced Premium Sound
Black Kidney Grills
BMW M Performance Steering Wheel
BMW Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler
BMW Aluminum Pedals
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan Mid-Exhaust (x-pipe)
Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake
Dinan Performance Tune
Dinan Pulley Kit
Dinan CH-R Wheels
Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces
Arkym Front Lip
Carbon Reflectors
Lux H8 V3
Brembo 365mm BBK
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-02-2009, 03:35 PM
motordavid's Avatar
RetiredBum & Semi-RenaissanceMan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mtns of Western NC, & SW FLA
Posts: 16,759
motordavid will become famous soon enoughmotordavid will become famous soon enough
4.6is Ryder,
Good report and pretty damn good pics from the crackberry!
For ~$100Gs out the door, the X6M ought to be pretty good, imo.
GL,mD
__________________
Ol'UncleMotor
From the Home Base of Pro Bono Punditry
and 50 Cent Opins...

Our Mtn Scenes, Car Pics, and Road Trip Pics on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4527537...7627297418250/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4527537...7627332480833/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My X Page




Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-02-2009, 08:05 PM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6is Ryder View Post
Well gang, it's my turn. For all of you who are on the fence about the X6///M, I hope you get poked in the Azz. This X is the new standard in performance SAV / SUV class vehicles. So I am out running around this morning and decide to check in with my boy at the dealership.....YES, he tells me the X5///M came off the truck last night, I say, I'm there in 20 minutes. To my surprise, I arrive and he throws me the key and says" don't flip it over". That's not the surprise, I hit the unlock button and it's a Jet Black with Silverstone II Merino leather and Piano Black trim X6///M So now the juices are really flowing...not only is it a X6///M, but I get to test drive it alone Let me say this, to all who are concerned about cargo space and hauling stuff. All you need to know is this X hauls azz!!! This thing is all ///M. The first thing you notice is the exhaust note as you hit the magic button. After the initial slow drive warm up, I hit the ///M button and all hell breaks loose. The throttle response is so good that you would think it's anticipating your next move. The rev limiter is begging to be removed. Like B, I found myself testing to see how it would respond at the redline. All it does is bounce and wait for you to change gears. You definitely don't get the engine shutdown mode. The exhaust is intoxicating as you go from second to third gear. I found the seats to hold like velcro...granted I'm only 6ft. 175lbs. The brakes are what you would expect from a ///M car. The HUD was nice in ///M mode with the RPM being displayed. I found limited body roll if any. This was suprising from such a high profile vehicle. This particular vehicle was priced around 94k but it was loaded nicely....HUD, comfort access, Premium sound, Sat radio, Power tailgate and a few other goodies. I was told that there shouldn't be any market value mark ups in the Houston area....we'll have to see about that. Overall, I would say that this is my next whip......Phil

Photos courtesy of the Blackberry Storm
Nice review, Phil. X6 was designed from get go to have an ///M version while X5 was an after thought. Which means ///M-division was involved in X6 design.
If utility is not an issue X6 is the way to go.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-02-2009, 08:19 PM
themoth's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: chicago
Posts: 559
themoth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansX5 View Post
Nice review, Phil. X6 was designed from get go to have an ///M version while X5 was an after thought. Which means ///M-division was involved in X6 design.
If utility is not an issue X6 is the way to go.
this is why i am leaning towards the X6 now...
__________________
-2010 X5 / / / M "Monte Carlo Blue"
-2004 X5 4.4i DINAN Stage II
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 AM
The Big Easy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5 World
Posts: 928
The Big Easy is on a distinguished road
Please please post some interior photos of the silverstone leather/piano black trim............?!

Cheers,
__________________
997 | 958
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Rboosted717's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 101
Rboosted717 is on a distinguished road
Finally got around to uploading some pictures of a white X5M I test drove.
For reference, I parked it next to my E53 4.8is and a new 4.8 E70:
(Also I'll post the review of my test drive sometime tomorow morning)
Attached Images
        
__________________
'98 Type R drag car ~1400hp
'01 X5 3.0 silver (sold)
'02 X5 4.6is silver (sold)
'04 X5 4.8is black (sold)
'10 X5 ///M Alpine White
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.