Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X ///M Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #311  
Old 02-18-2016, 07:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DXB
Posts: 27
ehssan_alkhiyami is on a distinguished road
gentlemen ,

sorry if this question is already answered , tried searching but no luck .

I did the retrofit already as per the instructions + programming and coding ,

everything works as it should be , but I noticed that the angel eyes brightness doesn't change , it's always at full bright during DRL and with lowbeam on .

is it normal or something wrong during the installation .?

thank you
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #312  
Old 02-18-2016, 08:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 68
X5INGH is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehssan_alkhiyami View Post
gentlemen ,

sorry if this question is already answered , tried searching but no luck .

I did the retrofit already as per the instructions + programming and coding ,

everything works as it should be , but I noticed that the angel eyes brightness doesn't change , it's always at full bright during DRL and with lowbeam on .

is it normal or something wrong during the installation .?

thank you
Mine is the same, I suspect you can code the DRL to be brighter. If anything I find them too bright at night
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 02-18-2016, 08:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DXB
Posts: 27
ehssan_alkhiyami is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5INGH View Post
Mine is the same, I suspect you can code the DRL to be brighter. If anything I find them too bright at night
i saw other LED X6 on the road with dimmed AE , so I'm not sure where is the issue , I tried tons of coding values but nothing worked .

i suspect the software version on the FRM has something to do with that .
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 03-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Chris F.'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,617
Chris F. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehssan_alkhiyami View Post
i saw other LED X6 on the road with dimmed AE , so I'm not sure where is the issue , I tried tons of coding values but nothing worked .

i suspect the software version on the FRM has something to do with that .
That's exactly what it is - BMW most likely changed the software on the FRM so that they are full brightness day or night. Mine do the exact same thing. You have no issues
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 03-06-2016, 11:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DXB
Posts: 27
ehssan_alkhiyami is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F. View Post
That's exactly what it is - BMW most likely changed the software on the FRM so that they are full brightness day or night. Mine do the exact same thing. You have no issues
Unfortunately not exactly right Chris , from the time i posted my issue here i spent hell of time trying to figure out whats going on till i mangaed to put my hand on an X6M which came for tuning and it has LED from factory, the FRM has latest update ( ZB# 6801294 ) which is even newer than the software of the FRM3 that i installated for the LED retrofit , angel eyes are dimmed , so then i spent time looking at factory wiring diagram and compare it with the first and updated version of the retrofit documents posted on the forum , and here we go !!! . Wrong wiring diagram in the first version of the retrofit document . The update version has the right diagram which is identical to the factory diagram of FRM with LED headlights.

During the investigation earlier, i checked Dimming option with tool32 and it confirmed the FRM does dimm the right output of the Angel eyes ,

So finally i sent the car to the workshop who does the hardware and wiring installation to fix it , without any coding or programming after the rewiring fix everything worked as it should be .

If you or anyone else has this what i call it issue , just follow the updated document and your AE will dim with lights on .
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 03-14-2016, 07:34 AM
Chris F.'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,617
Chris F. is on a distinguished road
Good to know, but for me I am not too concerned, the difference is minimal, but glad you got it resolved
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 03-14-2016, 07:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 68
X5INGH is on a distinguished road
Good bit of info!
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 03-14-2016, 11:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DXB
Posts: 27
ehssan_alkhiyami is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F. View Post
Good to know, but for me I am not too concerned, the difference is minimal, but glad you got it resolved
Exactly, but when you get a client paid a hell of money for this project, he wants perfection 😆
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 10-20-2018, 10:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingdom of Bahrain
Posts: 59
0-60motorsports is on a distinguished road
Excellent thread and info in here. Thanks guys. Just got my retrofit cable and right side headlight. Just need a right side headlight and will order the rivets and FRM3 once i find it. Cant wait to get these installed on my X5M.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.