Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Bimmer Tool Rental
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-29-2017, 10:49 PM
Overboost's Avatar
//Binary is in my DNA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 1,844
Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamernewbie View Post
So I pulled the connector and the fan spun up to full speed. So what does that indicate?
It means your fan is working and is not the problem. Mine also had a compressor clutch failure this past month and that is also a common problem. The fan will not turn on if the compressor does not engage so look there and make sure you have a proper refrigerant charge in your system. Do you have any scan tools to see if your HVAC system has any codes?
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #12  
Old 04-29-2017, 10:52 PM
Hcbeck2689's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 30
Hcbeck2689 is on a distinguished road
I have the same problem on my 2002 3.0. The ac hasn't been blowing cold until i start moving. It's not consistent though and sometimes will work while others not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-30-2017, 07:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 35
Beamernewbie is on a distinguished road
You guys are brutal with the pics! Lol

Last edited by Beamernewbie; 04-30-2017 at 07:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-30-2017, 07:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 35
Beamernewbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
It means your fan is working and is not the problem. Mine also had a compressor clutch failure this past month and that is also a common problem. The fan will not turn on if the compressor does not engage so look there and make sure you have a proper refrigerant charge in your system. Do you have any scan tools to see if your HVAC system has any codes?
The only code that shows up is the dreaded P1093 that nobody including the BMW shops seem to be able to properly diagnose. The car runs perfectly engine wise even though the check engine soon light stays on and comes back on soon after I clear it. The compressor is engaging but I noticed when I pulled the pressure switch the compressor disengaged.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-30-2017, 11:42 AM
upallnight's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cook County
Posts: 6,405
upallnight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamernewbie View Post
The only code that shows up is the dreaded P1093 that nobody including the BMW shops seem to be able to properly diagnose. The car runs perfectly engine wise even though the check engine soon light stays on and comes back on soon after I clear it. The compressor is engaging but I noticed when I pulled the pressure switch the compressor disengaged.

The 1093 code could be from a dirty IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) some people just try to clean it with MAF or electrical cleaner, I just bought a new IACV instead and the code never came back. When you remove the IACV shake it and it should rattle, no rattles mean it needs cleaning or a new IACV.
__________________
2006 Infiniti G35
2001 BMW 3.0I E53 X5 Build date 08/2000
Lotus Europa 1970 Destroyed by fire
Lotus Europa 1970 S2 Renault Powered
Lotus Type 52 1970 Twincam Webers Powered
PORSCHE 911 Targa 1982 The Garage Queen
Audi Avant donated to Kars for Kids
BMW 525IT Sold
Audi 4000CS Quattro Sold
Jensen Healey Lotus Powered Sold
Opel 1900 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1971 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1968 Sold
Plymouth "Cuda" 340 Six pack SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-30-2017, 11:44 PM
Overboost's Avatar
//Binary is in my DNA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 1,844
Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamernewbie View Post
The only code that shows up is the dreaded P1093 that nobody including the BMW shops seem to be able to properly diagnose. The car runs perfectly engine wise even though the check engine soon light stays on and comes back on soon after I clear it. The compressor is engaging but I noticed when I pulled the pressure switch the compressor disengaged.
I was thinking more of INPA as the tool mentioned. You can go straight to IHKA (HVAC) diagnostics and see what the system is unhappy about. Mine told me my compressor clutch had failed.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-03-2017, 07:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 35
Beamernewbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
The 1093 code could be from a dirty IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) some people just try to clean it with MAF or electrical cleaner, I just bought a new IACV instead and the code never came back. When you remove the IACV shake it and it should rattle, no rattles mean it needs cleaning or a new IACV.
I will check that out as soon as I figure out the AC issue!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-03-2017, 07:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 35
Beamernewbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
I was thinking more of INPA as the tool mentioned. You can go straight to IHKA (HVAC) diagnostics and see what the system is unhappy about. Mine told me my compressor clutch had failed.

I'm not familiar with INPA or IHKA. What do these abbreviations stand for?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-03-2017, 08:31 AM
Overboost's Avatar
//Binary is in my DNA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 1,844
Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamernewbie View Post
I'm not familiar with INPA or IHKA. What do these abbreviations stand for?
INPA is the BMW diagnostic tool. IHKA (HVAC) is your air conditioning system
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-03-2017, 08:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 35
Beamernewbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
INPA is the BMW diagnostic tool. IHKA (HVAC) is your air conditioning system
Ok, thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.