Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-06-2019, 12:58 AM
crystalworks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 3,846
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpoll View Post
Question to those that have spacers - given the E53 rear camber setup (a small negative camber) does increasing the rear track with spacers increase the wear rate on the inner edge of the rear tyre?
I haven't noticed anything excessive. Getting 20 - 25k miles out of my 325's. That's with an overall +9mm offset between the spacers and the aftermarket wheels. Truck aligns within OE spec.

BTW, if you think the above is bad sticking out 3-5mm... You should see some of the crazy setups guys put on lifted trucks. Talk about goofy looking and ride compromising.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #22  
Old 11-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Orion Arm
Posts: 100
X5M-ISH is on a distinguished road
For my winter wheel/tire setup I have 18" Style 69's. Front spacers are 5mm hub-centric and the rear's are 25mm hub-centric; all are off-brand/no brand. I elected to use longer lug bolts respectively. Additionally the entire wheel spacer setup was around $70 shipped.
__________________
2006 E53 4.8is - Imola Red 2, Cream Beige all day erí day
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-07-2019, 01:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 36
Davelaz23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M-ISH View Post
For my winter wheel/tire setup I have 18" Style 69's. Front spacers are 5mm hub-centric and the rear's are 25mm hub-centric; all are off-brand/no brand. I elected to use longer lug bolts respectively. Additionally the entire wheel spacer setup was around $70 shipped.
Whoa you went 25mm with longer lug bolts? Good for you man
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-07-2019, 01:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 36
Davelaz23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
I haven't noticed anything excessive. Getting 20 - 25k miles out of my 325's. That's with an overall +9mm offset between the spacers and the aftermarket wheels. Truck aligns within OE spec.

BTW, if you think the above is bad sticking out 3-5mm... You should see some of the crazy setups guys put on lifted trucks. Talk about goofy looking and ride compromising.
Wow Iíd love to go 325ís in the back. How wide are the rear wheels? If I dial this truck in to the point that I can get good mileage on tires, Iíll definitely look into going wider. 315s in Michelin SS Pilots are not cheap lol
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-07-2019, 02:03 PM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 150
Happy is on a distinguished road
I have 325ís on the rear without spacers.

Why the need for spacers?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-07-2019, 02:23 PM
crystalworks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 3,846
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelaz23 View Post
Wow Iíd love to go 325ís in the back. How wide are the rear wheels? If I dial this truck in to the point that I can get good mileage on tires, Iíll definitely look into going wider. 315s in Michelin SS Pilots are not cheap lol
Rears are 11.5" et9 after spacers (w/ longer bolts). Was the widest Forgestar offered in an offset that would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
I have 325ís on the rear without spacers.

Why the need for spacers?
To correct wheel offset to flush the tires with the fender flares.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-07-2019, 02:44 PM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 150
Happy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
To correct wheel offset to flush the tires with the fender flares.

So the wheels are not specíd for E53?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-07-2019, 02:51 PM
crystalworks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 3,846
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
So the wheels are not specíd for E53?
They are aftermarket semi-custom (you can choose offset within a certain range) so no, they aren't spec'd for E53. Center bore and bolt pattern are correct obviously. They fit without spacers but sit inside the wheel wells by about 15mm. I measured before ordering the wheels and went with the lowest they offered (+24mm) in a 20x11.5 and went with the spacers to achieve the 9mm required to flush out the 20x11.5 wheel/tire.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 150
Happy is on a distinguished road
Whose running wheel spacers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
They are aftermarket semi-custom (you can choose offset within a certain range) so no, they aren't spec'd for E53. Center bore and bolt pattern are correct obviously. They fit without spacers but sit inside the wheel wells by about 15mm. I measured before ordering the wheels and went with the lowest they offered (+24mm) in a 20x11.5 and went with the spacers to achieve the 9mm required to flush out the 20x11.5 wheel/tire.


Ok I see.

Mine are flush at the fender, but will rub very lightly inside if camber is out of spec. Itís scary how tight they fit in there.

I donít believe there is a need for spacers as long as everything is dialed in. Definitely do not want a tire to come apart in there, Iím sure major damage could occur.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-07-2019, 03:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 36
Davelaz23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Ok I see.

Mine are flush at the fender, but will rub very lightly inside if camber is out of spec. Itís scary how tight they fit in there.

I donít believe there is a need for spacers as long as everything is dialed in. Definitely do not want a tire to come apart in there, Iím sure major damage could occur.
I agree about not adding spacers if they arenít needed but Iíd like my stock 87ís on 315ís to be flush with my rear fender flares.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.