Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-09-2021, 02:59 AM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 2,190
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Status update

I have been out of the loop for a few weeks as I caught viral pneumonia with a temp that hit 105.9f and was in the ICU for a couple of weeks. I have tried to follow on here at times but it was slightly difficult.
I am mostly good now and just taking it slow although it seems like the White Witch has other plans from when I left the hospital...

Bad display ribbon cable

Air intake temp implausibility

RF DHC is dying

Found the source of the aircraft tire on landing noise is the center shaft bearing not the guibo but since it's only a year+ old....

Alignment is shot....

My Android BT works with what's been paired before but is grayed out and won't connect or search for anything new or forgotten. (Ask me how I know)

If anyone has an idea on the BT fix I would appreciate it especially if it doesn't wipe everything and start over.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 06-09-2021, 03:19 AM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 1,025
Happy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODguy View Post
I have been out of the loop for a few weeks as I caught viral pneumonia with a temp that hit 105.9f and was in the ICU for a couple of weeks. I have tried to follow on here at times but it was slightly difficult.
I am mostly good now and just taking it slow although it seems like the White Witch has other plans from when I left the hospital...

Bad display ribbon cable

Air intake temp implausibility

RF DHC is dying

Found the source of the aircraft tire on landing noise is the center shaft bearing not the guibo but since it's only a year+ old....

Alignment is shot....

My Android BT works with what's been paired before but is grayed out and won't connect or search for anything new or forgotten. (Ask me how I know)

If anyone has an idea on the BT fix I would appreciate it especially if it doesn't wipe everything and start over.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

I was praying man! In my mind I was like, EOD has been mia. It just didnít feel right. Glad to know youíre back up! Take it easy brother! Get well ASAP!

I got jokes for the Witch, but may be another time.
__________________
02 BMW 5 Speed Supercharged Ethanol Burnin Meth Injected E53

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2021, 03:30 AM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 2,190
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
I was praying man! In my mind I was like, EOD has been mia. It just didnít feel right. Glad to know youíre back up! Take it easy brother! Get well ASAP!

I got jokes for the Witch, but may be another time.
Thanks Happy

Weirdest thing was that I actually ended up with a rose colored view of the world because of coughing hard enough ruptured the blood vessels in my right eye and partially detached my retina. Works out well for an old troop who is mostly deaf on the left and now needing a monocle on the right

I was very impressed that my wife didn't kill me for putting off the ER.

I spent time in the tub to cool off but when blood sprayed the bathroom wall during a coughing fit (which also did NOT impress the wife)

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-09-2021, 03:34 AM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 1,025
Happy is on a distinguished road
I am thankful to share COMMS with you. I am really glad to hear you made it through that!!
__________________
02 BMW 5 Speed Supercharged Ethanol Burnin Meth Injected E53

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2021, 03:52 AM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 2,190
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
I am thankful to share COMMS with you. I am really glad to hear you made it through that!!
PM me anytime Happy.

Heads up for the summer....

With temperatures rising we've had some new to desert heat people have children burned (2nd degree 60%) by playing in sprinklers so please keep an eye out for 1st started up sprinklers/hoses that have been in the sun.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-09-2021, 07:22 AM
Overboost's Avatar
//Binary is in my DNA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 3,166
Overboost is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear you are in the mend EOD. I wondered where you had been. I just went through a 103 temp but 106, holy shite! Get well brother, the White Witch can wait.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-09-2021, 07:27 AM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 2,190
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Glad to hear you are in the mend EOD. I wondered where you had been. I just went through a 103 temp but 106, holy shite! Get well brother, the White Witch can wait.
Thanks OB. I just bought an outdoor ac unit and we're moving to a different Villa with more shade, so I am hopeful that I will get my shit together before the weekend is over and finish something without wheezing or being stabbed by violent looks...

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-09-2021, 10:57 AM
crystalworks's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 5,719
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Yikes. Good to have you back, but keep resting up before driving into the witch's issues. That's a scary pneumonia! Best wishes brother.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-09-2021, 11:04 AM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 2,190
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Thanks CW, I didn't even suffer any dain bramage.... I don't think I am just trying to get any small things out of the way or at least the light weight things. I will go back to work on Sunday so I just need the White Witch to allow an easy passage for now.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-09-2021, 11:56 AM
PropellerHead's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At the wheel of a Bimmer
Posts: 1,991
PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Good to hear you're back! That's one helluva journey. Glad you're feeling better!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.