Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Electronics > Navigation System
Bimmer Tool Rental
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Agus's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Badajoz, Espaņa
Posts: 34
Agus is on a distinguished road
Info and select buttoms

Hello to all. Ever since I upgrade to V. 26, I cannot use Info and Select buttoms, because they donīt work. Somebody can help me?
I have 16:9 navigation with MK4 and Radiomodule BM24.

Greettings, Agus.
__________________
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 01-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Brizzy. Australia
Posts: 121
Jackay is on a distinguished road
Hmm...there's actually functions behind Info and Select, while navigation's working... @@! I never knew that!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Agus's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Badajoz, Espaņa
Posts: 34
Agus is on a distinguished road
I believe that I have found the solution. I will prove it late this. If it works, I put it here. Greetings
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-06-2006, 06:39 PM
chivas's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 191
chivas is on a distinguished road
did you find the solution?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2006, 01:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 13
nofri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agus
Hello to all. Ever since I upgrade to V. 26, I cannot use Info and Select buttoms, because they donīt work. Somebody can help me?
I have 16:9 navigation with MK4 and Radiomodule BM24.

Greettings, Agus.
Itīs ever the same... I have the same configuration.

The INFO and SELECT Buttons doesnīt work. Your MK4 is gone to the OEM Mode. Also the Assist-Menue is going out, the VIN Number is lost and the vehicle-type is 7īer instead of 7īer limousine.
You must contact your dialer and code the Mk4 to your car again. Or you can send a special string of bytes over the i-bus to code it manually. But therefore you must know the byte-construction of this string.
This solves these Problems.

regards
Norbert
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-2006, 02:39 AM
Agus's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Badajoz, Espaņa
Posts: 34
Agus is on a distinguished road
Indeed in menu it leaves me that she belongs to a series 7. Anyway, which if I have found is menu on watch of the radio, but with another type of combinacion of keys. I will happen through the dealer to try to solve the problem of the buttoms

Thanks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-07-2006, 02:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 38
CortinaD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofri
Itīs ever the same... I have the same configuration.

The INFO and SELECT Buttons doesnīt work. Your MK4 is gone to the OEM Mode. Also the Assist-Menue is going out, the VIN Number is lost and the vehicle-type is 7īer instead of 7īer limousine.
You must contact your dialer and code the Mk4 to your car again. Or you can send a special string of bytes over the i-bus to code it manually. But therefore you must know the byte-construction of this string.
This solves these Problems.

regards
Norbert
could it going into OEM mode through out the wheelspeed calculations or have any other ramifications other than menu items dissapearing?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-07-2006, 03:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 13
nofri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaD
could it going into OEM mode through out the wheelspeed calculations or have any other ramifications other than menu items dissapearing?
No, this is also an option and works only perfekt when the "show arrival time" is enabled through the coding of the carīs MK4.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-2006, 05:24 AM
Agus's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Badajoz, Espaņa
Posts: 34
Agus is on a distinguished road
If I downgrade my navi to V.21 and then turn on-off-on radio, could be play info an select buttoms? And then go to v.26 an turn on-off-on radio again?
Thanks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-07-2006, 05:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 13
nofri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agus
If I downgrade my navi to V.21 and then turn on-off-on radio, could be play info an select buttoms? And then go to v.26 an turn on-off-on radio again?
Thanks
I donīt know it!
Iīve downgraded to v.25 and then to v.26 (modified)
and the buttons donīt work, so Iīve visit my dealer and we coded the MK4 again to the car... Now it works fine.
Iīve waiting also to v.27, if it comes truely...
May be then i must go again coding ..or not..
Letīs look what another version bring us.

sorry my english...
N.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
Đ 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.