Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   Politics Forum (https://xoutpost.com/off-topic/politics-forum/)
-   -   What’s The Matter With Joseph Biden? (https://xoutpost.com/off-topic/politics-forum/112861-what-s-matter-joseph-biden.html)

Happy 01-22-2021 03:49 PM

What’s The Matter With Joseph Biden?
 
In his first 48 hours of presidency, he has blatantly violated his own executive order.

He left our nation’s defenders, the men and women of the armed forces to sleep on the floor in a frigid parking garage.

He Failed to publicly condemn the violence in Oregon and Washington.

Quicksilver 01-22-2021 06:27 PM

Please provide the link that proves Biden left men and women of the armed forces to sleep on the floor in a frigid parking garage.The fact is, There was one uniformed police officer who issued an order without authority or without going through the chain of command. So let’s not report fake news please.

Happy 01-22-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quicksilver (Post 1198404)
Please provide the link that proves Biden left men and women of the armed forces to sleep on the floor in a frigid parking garage.The fact is, There was one uniformed police officer who issued an order without authority or without going through the chain of command. So let’s not report fake news please.


Yeahhhh... suureeee... LoL..

The last administration was slammed for serving McDonald’s to athletes.

This administration won’t give you a “Hot”, or a “Cot”. And, will leave you out in the cold.

So we’ve gone from, “ Cheeto in Chief”, to “Geezer in Chief”.

Unbelievable! Defund the police, do not send troops into cities with active rioting. To... Please send troops to protect our Capitol.
Just to turn around and kick the troops to the curb, literally.

You can’t make this stuff up!

Last I checked, the Geezer in Chief, is the commander of the armed forces.

So what are you saying, he doesn’t have accountability for his troops? He had better known where his troops were! Or, he has no business being president. First day as Commander, FAIL!

Go pander your fake news accusations of on someone else, I am not buying it.

Happy 01-22-2021 09:01 PM

What’s The Matter With Joseph Biden?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quicksilver (Post 1198404)
There was one uniformed police officer who issued an order without authority or without going through the chain of command. So let’s not report fake news please.

Just so I am crystal clear.. Hundreds, possibly thousands of troops whom biden is commander in chief of, were ordered by a single uniformed Capitol police officer, who has zero authority over military personnel. Again, I am not buying it!

https://news.yahoo.com/backlash-nati...133926029.html

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/lawmakers-...203600419.html

Not only that, it created a super spreader event. How callous can you be!

https://nypost.com/2021/01/22/nearly...ract-covid-19/

This Geezer in Chief is unbelievable.

Here is the apology.

https://www.newser.com/story/301659/...l-or-home.html

The definition of apology: A regretful acknowledgment of an offense or failure.

Candies and cookies! They are not kindergartners, they are Americas defenders, The United States Armed Forces. Unbelievable!

Quicksilver 01-22-2021 11:07 PM

The only job we have as humans is to be kind to one another and not Accused them of something they didn’t do. And that my friend is what you have done. Nothing you have written about Mr. Biden regarding the troops is true. Apparently after a very short time in office you have an axe to grind with a new president. So be it. You may proceed as you desire but I’m done responding about this subject. Have a great day

Happy 01-22-2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quicksilver (Post 1198420)
The only job we have as humans is to be kind to one another and not Accused them of something they didn’t do. And that my friend is what you have done. Nothing you have written about Mr. Biden regarding the troops is true. Apparently after a very short time in office you have an axe to grind with a new president. So be it. You may proceed as you desire but I’m done responding about this subject. Have a great day


That is completely untrue, and I strive to be kind to others.

I have not made any personal accusations toward the president of the United States. All of the statements made in post #1, are true and factual.

The commander and chief, allowed his troops to be subjected to dehumanizing conditions. He apologized.

I have no axe to grind. I am not a Republican, nor a Democrat. I am just a Christian man, disabled Veteran, who is totally appalled at what happened to my brothers, and sister in arms, currently serving. Disgusting!

The Geezer in Chief, signed an executive order that mandates, the wearing of masks on federal land. Later on, for a photo op, he, and his entire family disregarded the order and were photographed on Federal land without masks.

Please find me a link of the president condemning the violence in Oregon, and Washington.

Please stop calling me a liar. It’s offensive.

AVB-AMG 01-23-2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 1198423)

The commander and chief, allowed his troops to be subjected to dehumanizing conditions. He apologized.

I have no axe to grind. I am not a Republican, nor a Democrat. I am just a Christian man, disabled Veteran, who is totally appalled at what happened to my brothers, and sister in arms, currently serving. Disgusting!

The Geezer in Chief, signed an executive order that mandates, the wearing of masks on federal land. Later on, for a photo op, he, and his entire family disregarded the order and were photographed on Federal land without masks.

Please find me a link of the president condemning the violence in Oregon, and Washington.

Happy:

I am also disheartened to hear about the snafu of someone, (who exactly, has not yet really been determined), ordered the National Guardsmen to leave the U.S. Capitol building and relocate to a parking garage. Thankfully, that order has since been rescinded. It is also very sad and frustrating that over 200 National Guardsmen have recently tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. Clearly, seeing the photos of so many Guardsmen crowded together on the floor of the U.S. Capitol rotunda and basement, many not wearing face masks, makes this revelation not very surprising. I hope better and safer temporary sleeping accommodations can be made for the reduced number of National Guardsmen who plan to remain in Washington DC for the next several weeks.

Also, I think you are making a big leap in blaming President Biden directly for this snafu. We are only a couple of days into this new president’s administration. Odds are that President Biden will make his share of unpopular, unfortunate and bad choices and decisions over the course of his term. I think I will give him the benefit of the doubt right now and then pick and choose which of his choices and decisions he makes that I firmly disagree with before I take the time and effort to criticize him for them. The National Guardsman snafu is not one of them…..

The violent protests in Portland, OR on election day (night), by far-left protesters was most unfortunate. Like you, I condemn any criminal desecration or destruction of public or private property by any so-called protesters, which should result in arrests by LEO’s and charged accordingly. We know that there are bad, violent extremists on both the far-left and far-right. Most Americans do not condone either. The small clashes and violence in Portland, while wrong, do not compare to a far larger mob of Trump supporters involved in the insurrection and violently storming and desecrating the U.S. Capitol building, that resulted in the deaths of five people. Try to keep things in the proper perspective….

You claim to be an independent, Christian, disabled veteran and Trump supporter….Ok. From your comments, (i.e. Geezer-in-Chief), I can guess that you are not someone who voted for President Trump.....Ok.
I can and have made some assumptions about you. Some may be correct, while others possibly not. While we may disagree on our political views, I respect your right to express yourself and your opinions, in a civil manner. I enjoy doing the same on these type of special interest threads on internet blogs. Ideally, I most appreciate it when the posts by others creates a dialogue of differing points of view and do not turn into a echo chamber bubble. I have learned much from how others see the same things I see, but have a different interpretation and point of view. Sometimes, I have even changed my mind as a result of hearing their side.

As far as “What’s the Matter with Joseph Biden?”….. nothing yet. FWIW, I am very hopeful and confident that we will see more positive things from him and his professional and competent administration, than negative things. Time will tell…..

AVB-AMG

Happy 01-23-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVB-AMG (Post 1198432)
Happy:

I am also disheartened to hear about the snafu of someone, (who exactly, has not yet really been determined), ordered the National Guardsmen to leave the U.S. Capitol building and relocate to a parking garage. Thankfully, that order has since been rescinded. It is also very sad and frustrating that over 200 National Guardsmen have recently tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. Clearly, seeing the photos of so many Guardsmen crowded together on the floor of the U.S. Capitol rotunda and basement, many not wearing face masks, makes this revelation not very surprising. I hope better and safer temporary sleeping accommodations can be made for the reduced number of National Guardsmen who plan to remain in Washington DC for the next several weeks.

Also, I think you are making a big leap in blaming President Biden directly for this snafu. We are only a couple of days into this new president’s administration. Odds are that President Biden will make his share of unpopular, unfortunate and bad choices and decisions over the course of his term. I think I will give him the benefit of the doubt right now and then pick and choose which of his choices and decisions he makes that I firmly disagree with before I take the time and effort to criticize him for them. The National Guardsman snafu is not one of them…..

The violent protests in Portland, OR on election day (night), by far-left protesters was most unfortunate. Like you, I condemn any criminal desecration or destruction of public or private property by any so-called protesters, which should result in arrests by LEO’s and charged accordingly. We know that there are bad, violent extremists on both the far-left and far-right. Most Americans do not condone either. The small clashes and violence in Portland, while wrong, do not compare to a far larger mob of Trump supporters involved in the insurrection and violently storming and desecrating the U.S. Capitol building, that resulted in the deaths of five people. Try to keep things in the proper perspective….

You claim to be an independent, Christian, disabled veteran and Trump supporter….Ok. From your comments, (i.e. Geezer-in-Chief), I can guess that you are not someone who voted for President Trump.....Ok.
I can and have made some assumptions about you. Some may be correct, while others possibly not. While we may disagree on our political views, I respect your right to express yourself and your opinions, in a civil manner. I enjoy doing the same on these type of special interest threads on internet blogs. Ideally, I most appreciate it when the posts by others creates a dialogue of differing points of view and do not turn into a echo chamber bubble. I have learned much from how others see the same things I see, but have a different interpretation and point of view. Sometimes, I have even changed my mind as a result of hearing their side.

As far as “What’s the Matter with Joseph Biden?”….. nothing yet. FWIW, I am very hopeful and confident that we will see more positive things from him and his professional and competent administration, than negative things. Time will tell…..

AVB-AMG


Yes, very unfortunate situation regarding the men and women that sacrifice for this country. I hope president Biden does not lose accountability of his troops ever again. It’s mistakes like this one, that can cost soldiers their lives. Let’s hope/pray none do as a result from their mishandling.

As for the blaming. The now majority and media has taught us over the last four years to blame the president for everything. We’re suddenly supposed to stop a way of thinking overnight, just because of a leadership change. This may possibly be the new normal.

Keeping things in perspective, I am not going to debate the rioting any longer. Everyone knows when it started, and it obviously hasn’t ended.

I am not an independent, nor am I registered to vote. I made that decision while serving my country. I am not a Trump supporter, nor a Biden supporter. From what I hear, Cheeto-In-Chief was the last administration’s nickname. Now their floating around, Geezer-In-Chief. I personally think it’s all silly, but again this is what we’ve learned over the past few years. Human beings are not a light switches. You have to take account for what they have been teaching us lately.

Assumptions are not a trait that I practice. I am not going to assume anything about anything. I am likely to engage in dialogue with you, or any member here for that matter, albeit civil. Although, I am sure there will be many disagreements. But that is what the forum states, “Politics Forum, The place to discuss and debate all things related to politics”.

I am not registered to any other forums, blogs, social media, etc. This is the only social media platform that I am registered to. Only because of my E53. I wish I hadn’t discovered the political section here but, it is what it is.

AVB-AMG 01-24-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 1198434)

I am not an independent, nor am I registered to vote. I made that decision while serving my country. I am not a Trump supporter, nor a Biden supporter.

Happy:

First of all, I believe that anyone who is currently or has in the past, served in any capacity in our armed forces, deserves from all of us Americans who have not served, our collective expressed appreciation, thanks and gratitude for their decision, commitment and service. So I pass along my sincere thank you....

Yet, for someone who claims to be a disabled veteran, I am quite perplexed in your admission that you are not registered to vote and therefore, presumably did not vote in last fall’s presidential election and possibly many earlier elections. Why did you choose to not participate?

I am very disappointed, as well as saddened by any and all American citizens who are physically and mentally able to vote, yet have consciously decided to withdraw from our political system by deciding not to vote. Here are some poignant thoughts on this topic by a variety of highly regarded people:

“We do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” – Thomas Jefferson

“The ballot is stronger than the bullet” – Abraham Lincoln

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" - Plato

“Not voting is not a protest; it is a surrender…” - Keith Ellison

“Someone struggled for your right to vote. Use it” – Susan B. Anthony

“The future of this republic is in the hands of the American voter” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

“There is no such thing as a vote that doesn’t matter” - Barack Obama

“Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote” - George Jean Nathan

“If you don’t vote, you lose your right to complain” – George Carlin

FYI, I have strong feelings about actively participating and voting as a vitally important part of the process of practicing our democratic principles in order to maintain our constitutional republic. I think that in one sense, these non-voting citizens are intellectual cowards who believe that their vote does not count and therefore they will not make any difference. They deserve whatever happens to them since they had a chance to influence who runs our government at all levels, that makes the decisions and choices of policies, laws and legislation that affects all of us. These lazy, ignorant imbeciles are an embarrassment to the United States and should just move to another country to live. Their narrow-mindedness is appalling to all of us who realize that we cannot afford to take our liberties for granted. They fail to realize or remember that America’s democratic government, society and way of life has been something that hundreds of thousands of Americans fought for, beginning in the Revolution through the Civil War, and both World Wars, sacrificing with their lives to achieve, maintain and preserve our form of government and its resulting freedoms. It is an insult to their ultimate supreme sacrifice for what they did to not exercise not only our constitutional right, but our civic duty. So, I say “buck up you Bozos…” Take the time to think, read, learn and use your brain to formulate an opinion, make a choice and decision and finally vote in our elections.

Though voting ostensibly remains a right instead of a privilege, many current voter ID laws have drastically curtailed people’s ability to simply vote for the leader of their choosing under the guise of fighting the effectively nonexistent large-scale voter fraud. IMHO, we do need to revisit our approach to elections and modify existing voter/election laws to make it easier, fairer and more secure against any potential illegal tampering, manipulation or hacking of vote counts. I am a proponent for a rational, logical national uniform voter registration process and system that is easy, safe and that will ensure that only those who are truly eligible to vote do in fact vote. I do believe that all Americans, in every state should be required to show either a state or federally issued accepted form of identification with a photo, in order to register to vote. Yet, part of the current problem is that many states requiring IDs to vote have such wildly inaccurate voter records that many people end up turned away at the polls, in some cases, when their home address information had not changed since the previous election.

The reasons why the United States has reached this new low in the public’s confidence in fair elections are complex. I think part of the larger problem is the realization and acceptance that those currently in power, the establishment, will always do what it feels it needs to do to ensure its rulers always win. In other words, where there’s a will, there’s a way, and that the ends justify the means.

To that point, Republicans currently control most of the state legislatures and therefore can determine their respective State’s election voting districts and processes and procedures. They have very effectively gerrymandered these districts to favor Republicans on the ballot, even if the majority of the state’s population votes for the Democrat candidates. In addition, while once for, they are now against mail-in-voting, have reduced the number of polling locations in their densely populated urban centers, reduced early voting, instituted voter ID laws at the polls, blocked college students from voting, and even have encouraged people to vote twice! One of the most blatant attempts to help themselves was last year’s changes in workday rules at all U.S. Post Offices, by the Republican political appointee Postmaster General. While changing this will be an uphill battle, it needs to change in order to make our elections fair.

In the months and years to come, will Republicans continue to pursue the strategy of voter suppression or come to terms and accept that the evolving shifting of the demographics of U.S. citizens may very well require a new strategy of outreach and inclusion. We will see……

AVB-AMG

Happy 01-24-2021 04:05 PM

What’s The Matter With Joseph Biden?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVB-AMG (Post 1198475)
Happy:

First of all, I believe that anyone who is currently or has in the past, served in any capacity in our armed forces, deserves from all of us Americans who have not served, our collective expressed appreciation, thanks and gratitude for their decision, commitment and service. So I pass along my sincere thank you....

Yet, for someone who claims to be a disabled veteran, I am quite perplexed in your admission that you are not registered to vote and therefore, presumably did not vote in last fall’s presidential election and possibly many earlier elections. Why did you choose to not participate?

I am very disappointed, as well as saddened by any and all American citizens who are physically and mentally able to vote, yet have consciously decided to withdraw from our political system by deciding not to vote. Here are some poignant thoughts on this topic by a variety of highly regarded people:

“We do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” – Thomas Jefferson

“The ballot is stronger than the bullet” – Abraham Lincoln

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" - Plato

“Voting is not a protest; it is a surrender…” - Keith Ellison

“Someone struggled for your right to vote. Use it” – Susan B. Anthony

“The future of this republic is in the hands of the American voter” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

“There is no such thing as a vote that doesn’t matter” - Barack Obama

“Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote” - George Jean Nathan

“If you don’t vote, you lose your right to complain” – George Carlin

FYI, I have strong feelings about actively participating and voting as a vitally important part of the process of practicing our democratic principles in order to maintain our constitutional republic. I think that in one sense, these non-voting citizens are intellectual cowards who believe that their vote does not count and therefore they will not make any difference. They deserve whatever happens to them since they had a chance to influence who runs our government at all levels, that makes the decisions and choices of policies, laws and legislation that affects all of us. These lazy, ignorant imbeciles are an embarrassment to the United States and should just move to another country to live. Their narrow-mindedness is appalling to all of us who realize that we cannot afford to take our liberties for granted. They fail to realize or remember that America’s democratic government, society and way of life has been something that hundreds of thousands of Americans fought for, beginning in the Revolution through the Civil War, and both World Wars, sacrificing with their lives to achieve, maintain and preserve our form of government and its resulting freedoms. It is an insult to their ultimate supreme sacrifice for what they did to not exercise not only our constitutional right, but our civic duty. So, I say “buck up you Bozos…” Take the time to think, read, learn and use your brain to formulate an opinion, make a choice and decision and finally vote in our elections.

Though voting ostensibly remains a right instead of a privilege, many current voter ID laws have drastically curtailed people’s ability to simply vote for the leader of their choosing under the guise of fighting the effectively nonexistent large-scale voter fraud. IMHO, we do need to revisit our approach to elections and modify existing voter/election laws to make it easier, fairer and more secure against any potential illegal tampering, manipulation or hacking of vote counts. I am a proponent for a rational, logical national uniform voter registration process and system that is easy, safe and that will ensure that only those who are truly eligible to vote do in fact vote. I do believe that all Americans, in every state should be required to show either a state or federally issued accepted form of identification with a photo, in order to register to vote. Yet, part of the current problem is that many states requiring IDs to vote have such wildly inaccurate voter records that many people end up turned away at the polls, in some cases, when their home address information had not changed since the previous election.

The reasons why the United States has reached this new low in the public’s confidence in fair elections are complex. I think part of the larger problem is the realization and acceptance that those currently in power, the establishment, will always do what it feels it needs to do to ensure its rulers always win. In other words, where there’s a will, there’s a way, and that the ends justify the means.

To that point, Republicans currently control most of the state legislatures and therefore can determine their respective State’s election voting districts and processes and procedures. They have very effectively gerrymandered these districts to favor Republicans on the ballot, even if the majority of the state’s population votes for the Democrat candidates. In addition, while once for, they are now against mail-in-voting, have reduced the number of polling locations in their densely populated urban centers, reduced early voting, instituted voter ID laws at the polls, blocked college students from voting, and even have encouraged people to vote twice! One of the most blatant attempts to help themselves was last year’s changes in workday rules at all U.S. Post Offices, by the Republican political appointee Postmaster General. While changing this will be an uphill battle, it needs to change in order to make our elections fair.

In the months and years to come, will Republicans continue to pursue the strategy of voter suppression or come to terms and accept that the evolving shifting of the demographics of U.S. citizens may very well require a new strategy of outreach and inclusion. We will see……

AVB-AMG


As a former defender of America’s freedoms, I was willing to sacrifice my life for this country. Life changing events happen to military personnel all the time. My personal experiences while on active duty led me in my choice to abstain from voting. It’s worked out for me personally to this day.

You say you are disappointed, and saddened by any and all Americans that choose not to vote. So, for some of us, the fact that we were and are willing to sacrifice our lives means absolutely nothing to you personally, if we do not vote. You are free to feel that way. I should know, I personally defended that freedom, as well as multiple generations of family members.

I stopped reading your FYI when you asserted that I am a coward.

“You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.” - GOD

“If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.” - JESUS


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.