Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-15-2009, 08:29 PM
|
|
Replies: 5
Views: 1,842
Hey Weasel, thanks man,,,gonna sound stupid but...
Hey Weasel, thanks man,,,gonna sound stupid but do you have a pic of the Block drain plug or what angel to approach it I assume from the bottom but some have said take the front right wheel off and...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-15-2009, 07:43 PM
|
|
Replies: 5
Views: 1,842
Do you guys just drain from the Rad Plug, then...
Do you guys just drain from the Rad Plug, then fill or Drain from Rad plug and Engine Drain and then Fill also how about the air how do not make sure there is no air.
I'm finding it hard to find...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-15-2009, 02:12 PM
|
|
Replies: 5
Views: 1,842
Radiator Flush advice from BMW Mechanic
Just got off the phone from the Toronto BMW Dealerships Service Division, I called in and told the service rep that I'm planning on doing a radiator flush this week-end myself and asked if had...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-13-2009, 10:32 AM
|
|
Replies: 4
Views: 1,109
Thanks Flyingmachine, I got it from them at a...
Thanks Flyingmachine, I got it from them at a decent price, US. $80 plus $29 shipping total $109 US, not bad, better than Bentley's price with out shipping.
Unfortunately Bimmer Specialist don't...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-12-2009, 11:03 PM
|
|
Replies: 4
Views: 1,109
Bentley X5 Manual in Toronto
Anyone know where I can find this in Toronto Area, Amazon.ca is temporary out of stock and the Bentley Website Ships from US with the price of $129.00 US plus shipping and who knows what Border...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
04-22-2009, 12:33 PM
|
|
Replies: 2
Views: 1,131
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
04-22-2009, 10:00 AM
|
|
Replies: 2
Views: 1,131
To Do or Not to Do...Is the question.
This weekend I'll be doing my spark-plug change on my 2004 E53, I did my oil change 3 weeks ago part of my 2nd inspection. I'm also calibrating all the items that we should do as part of the 2nd...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
04-20-2009, 01:39 PM
|
|
Replies: 4
Views: 3,300
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
04-20-2009, 12:43 PM
|
|
Replies: 0
Views: 1,293
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
04-01-2009, 09:21 AM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 6,862
Inspection 2 starts at 100 KM not Miles I...
Inspection 2 starts at 100 KM not Miles I think...or am I wrong?
Weird how the price is really different...
Cause the cost of the parts alone will be around 2-3 bills for the Inspection.
...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-31-2009, 04:55 PM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 6,862
Ya where are these dealerships? cause here in...
Ya where are these dealerships? cause here in Canada...Inspection II consist of:
Oil and Filter change
Spark Plug Change
Top off of Fluids
Brake Fluid flush and refill
Clean Engine and Fuel...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-31-2009, 10:07 AM
|
|
Replies: 15
Views: 3,397
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-30-2009, 09:04 PM
|
|
Replies: 15
Views: 3,397
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-30-2009, 04:15 PM
|
|
Replies: 3
Views: 940
DO NOT LUBE NGK PLUGS!!
I just got off the phone with an NGK rep, found some interesting things.
1) Yes the Iridum IX are pre-gapped
2) You don't need a Torque wrench, just hand tighten them and use regular wrench...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-30-2009, 04:15 PM
|
|
Replies: 15
Views: 3,397
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
|
|
Replies: 15
Views: 3,397
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-29-2009, 09:57 AM
|
|
Replies: 15
Views: 3,397
NGK Spark Plugs for Amazing Price!
Here in Toronto the BMW Stealer aks $28.50 per plug for the recommended NGK Platinum (G-Power Platinum).
I went to our Local Auto parts "Canadian Tire" they have them for ......Drum roll............
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-27-2009, 05:10 PM
|
|
Replies: 17
Views: 23,616
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-27-2009, 01:36 PM
|
|
Replies: 6
Views: 4,044
DIY: Service Inspection II for Dummies PDF
I'm at my last light on my E53 2004 3.0.
So called up the Steeler and told them about this they said expect a $1200 min bill if everything is cool.
So for 12 bills plus tax I get:
1)...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-26-2009, 07:14 PM
|
|
Replies: 2
Views: 1,274
Sparkplug change diy
I can't find a DIY for sparkplug changes anywhere here or google, the one that's on this site is missing pics, and is for a 4.4 (I assume the change is the same in a 3.0 minus 2 plugs) but would...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-26-2009, 12:37 PM
|
|
Replies: 104
Views: 42,792
Can I do the service inspection by myself? have...
Can I do the service inspection by myself? have many of you done it or you just take to your mechanic and get it done?--are there any instructions here on doing the whole thing yourself...So after...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
12-15-2008, 12:15 PM
|
|
Replies: 1
Views: 936
Passenger side door lock
On my E53 2004, the passenger side door lock won't open with the remoter or the central locking system button. I have to manually strech over and unlock, it.
Now would this be covered under the...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
07-02-2008, 09:48 AM
|
|
Replies: 1
Views: 905
Head light Covers-fogged, scratched, old.
I was looking around our downtown area, we see nice cars here all the time-Bimmers, Mercs, Lexus, VWs but then started noticing that the cars although some are aged, 5-8 yrs they are in good...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
06-19-2008, 11:44 AM
|
|
Replies: 9
Views: 1,205
No complains if they did that, but I was only...
No complains if they did that, but I was only given a brochure on the Certified Warranty, which has no reference to it, and they don't tell you whats not covered, which can be hard since there are...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
06-19-2008, 09:44 AM
|
|
Replies: 9
Views: 1,205
One of the Business managers called back, I...
One of the Business managers called back, I talked to him about my concern, so he said if the sound ever comes back and I bring it in and they find a fault that is covered, they will not charge me...
|