Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 53
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: jimf15e
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,198
Posted By jimf15e
No prob! Have fun tearing out that phone cradle....

No prob! Have fun tearing out that phone cradle. I mean it when I say you literally have to break it apart piece by piece - at least that was the most effective way I could find. I'm sure there...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,198
Posted By jimf15e
Confirm you're going to getbmwparts.com? On the...

Confirm you're going to getbmwparts.com? On the main page there's a "search by part number" container. I just tried to cut/paste both numbers and it spit back the part with an add to cart option.
...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,928
Posted By jimf15e
Lease turn in - BMW Fairfax tried to scam me

Bottom line - BMW Fairfax tried to cheat me out of $1600 during my lease turn in either intentionally or due to incompetence!

I had a 2012 X5 Sport Activity Package whose lease is up today so I...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 2,987
Posted By jimf15e
I have the Contis on ours and wouldn't go back to...

I have the Contis on ours and wouldn't go back to RFTs if someone paid me. The ride is absolutely incredible (for a huge SUV on sport suspension and 20" wheels), and I wouldn't think twice about the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,198
Posted By jimf15e
Nope, no codes or problems. For all it knows the...

Nope, no codes or problems. For all it knows the cradle is still there. Just don't cut any wires or short out any contacts. And yes, the plastic cover just snaps right in - it was a perfect fit. You...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,198
Posted By jimf15e
Lift up the cradle so you can access the 2 small...

Lift up the cradle so you can access the 2 small torx screws on the bottom. Remove those so the cradle comes loose - it's still attached by the beefy cable. Now start to go to town on it with a...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 06-04-2014, 07:03 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 4,057
Posted By jimf15e
Several of us have already answered you - you...

Several of us have already answered you - you won't fell any direct air at all because a) they suck, and b) they suck. Even higher quality ventilated seats don't actually "blow" air out the holes. ...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 4,057
Posted By jimf15e
They're noticeable to me, just not very effective...

They're noticeable to me, just not very effective in a hot, humid North Carolina summer. I've driven a few other manufacturers cars with ventilated seats and there was a huge difference. Notably, the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-19-2014, 06:01 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 5,121
Posted By jimf15e
Properly sealed A/C systems should never need a...

Properly sealed A/C systems should never need a recharge. If the compressor is running then you'll first need to recharge THEN find the leak so you don't have to recharge every few months.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-19-2014, 05:57 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 4,057
Posted By jimf15e
In my opinion there is very little "seat of...

In my opinion there is very little "seat of pants" feeling. BMW's ventilated seats are very weak compared to other manufacturers - just like their A/C systems. If the fan is running it's working....
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 2,194
Posted By jimf15e
Run it through Edmunds.com for trade in and...

Run it through Edmunds.com for trade in and private sale values. Or take it to Carmax - their trade in price will be low, but it will give you some negotiating room. Agree with the previous poster...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,198
Posted By jimf15e
No, I stole that from M3 before I traded it in :)

No, I stole that from M3 before I traded it in :)
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-18-2014, 09:27 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,198
Posted By jimf15e
Also, here are photos of the new storage insert...

Also, here are photos of the new storage insert as well as the console with cradle removed and cover plate installed:
...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,198
Posted By jimf15e
That's correct - no work at all. Just remove the...

That's correct - no work at all. Just remove the insert (it's already removable so one could clean out ashes) and snap the new one in. A perfect, easy one-for-one swap.

On the Tischer site...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,198
Posted By jimf15e
Couple of quick mods

Got a couple of quick mods done today to my E70. I've been frustrated by the phone dock since we drove the car home from the dealer brand new. In principle it sounds great, but in practice... to...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 9,463
Posted By jimf15e
Thanks, good to know. Not sure if the tiny...

Thanks, good to know. Not sure if the tiny little peeled off spot is worth all the effort then... Part is on the way from Tischer already, maybe if I have a few spare hours in the future.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-09-2014, 12:45 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 9,463
Posted By jimf15e
Old thread but did anyone figure this out? TIS...

Old thread but did anyone figure this out? TIS manual says the whole console has to be pulled forward :(. Hopefully not.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Replies: 66
Views: 57,395
Posted By jimf15e
Great, thanks. Sorry about the CEL though, my...

Great, thanks. Sorry about the CEL though, my buddy's RRS had the same issue. Those can be a pain to track down, and it's normally nothing.

Is Fairport in LI? I'm originally from N. Westchester...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Replies: 66
Views: 57,395
Posted By jimf15e
Great to hear. Do you or does anyone else have...

Great to hear. Do you or does anyone else have the part number for the blank cover plate? I tried looking on Tischer but couldn't find a parts diagram that matched the one in this thread. My BMW...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 3,304
Posted By jimf15e
From the title page: ~ Xoutpost.com ~ ...

From the title page:

~ Xoutpost.com ~
Where you come for the information
but stay for the friendships

Information I've gathered: ask a few simple questions, get hostile answers and...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-21-2013, 05:20 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 3,304
Posted By jimf15e
Glad to hear your generalized opinion of the US -...

Glad to hear your generalized opinion of the US - we're all gun-toting drivers who shoot cops when they pull us over. Yup, that thought goes through my mind every day, "Hmm, which driver is going to...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 3,304
Posted By jimf15e
Not sure of the laws in Canada, but in most US...

Not sure of the laws in Canada, but in most US states it perfectly legal to tint all side and back windows, just not the windshield. Percentage allowable varies, but in my state I can go up to 35%. ...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 3,304
Posted By jimf15e
No one?

No one?
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 3,304
Posted By jimf15e
Soon to be new-to-me 2012 X5

My wife and I are looking to do a little shuffling of vehicles due to some higher priority life requirements. I'll be selling my M3 and taking her 2012 X5 35i w/ SA package, she'll be getting another...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 3,098
Posted By jimf15e
The only Nav retrofit info I've seen is over on...

The only Nav retrofit info I've seen is over on E90post.com. Somebody put a full iDrive dash with Nav into his 2006 E90. It was an extremely involved (i.e. expensive) project but seems to have been...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 53

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.