Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: jfox00
Forum: BMW SAV Items for Sale 08-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 4,111
Posted By jfox00
I see you went back to the factory unit - was...

I see you went back to the factory unit - was this a challenge since you had to cut the original dash bracket to get the Avin unit to fit?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-31-2016, 09:25 PM
Replies: 47
Views: 38,979
Posted By jfox00
I know this is an old thread, but I followed the...

I know this is an old thread, but I followed the OP's detailed instructions today and they were perfect. Thank you for the photo DIY with just the right amount of detail! This was my most...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-31-2016, 09:18 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 5,473
Posted By jfox00
Try the advice is this thread - simple to try and...

Try the advice is this thread - simple to try and fixed it for me when I had this issue.

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/58871-4x4-warning-light-came-after-battery-died.html
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 6,389
Posted By jfox00
I've liked the Toyo Proxy ST II's. I have the...

I've liked the Toyo Proxy ST II's. I have the 255/55 R18 sport wheels, and the tires have been great. I replaced my last set of Proxy's at about 60k miles, and the ones I have on there now have...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 2,452
Posted By jfox00
I validated that the bulb was in fact bad, but...

I validated that the bulb was in fact bad, but only after I took it to my local place to have them replace the bulbs. I wanted to do this one, but removing bumpers sounded scary. $80 well spent, so...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 2,452
Posted By jfox00
I had this same warning message recently, and was...

I had this same warning message recently, and was looking to get some information on how to actually replace the Xenon bulb. I have a 2005 X5, and followed a couple of the videos/tutorials I found...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-25-2014, 08:51 AM
Replies: 19
Views: 4,328
Posted By jfox00
The shop is telling me they also need to "bleed...

The shop is telling me they also need to "bleed the system" after replacement. Is that necessary? If so, how much time/cost would you expect for that? Thanks!
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 4,328
Posted By jfox00
I was having a bit of trouble getting the old...

I was having a bit of trouble getting the old expansion tank out - the instructions I was following were close, but not exactly the same for my 3.0i, and I think at least one part was stuck to the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 4,328
Posted By jfox00
I thought of that, and I also hope there was no...

I thought of that, and I also hope there was no damage done while car was unattended. I can't drive the car as it is (water literally pours out of the crack), so I could try to remove the part...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-24-2014, 02:30 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 4,328
Posted By jfox00
Thanks for all the feedback! Since I want this...

Thanks for all the feedback! Since I want this car operational today, I'm going to buy the part from the BMW Dealership in Warwick, RI ($102), and attempt to put it in myself. I thought it was...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 4,328
Posted By jfox00
Coolant Gushing Out!

My wife parked the car in the driveway for about 5 minutes today (idling) and when she came back out, smoke was bellowing and liquid was running from under the engine. Not good. She shut the car...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Replies: 47
Views: 31,739
Posted By jfox00
Thank you!

Just wanted to say thank you for this post. A life saver. A little history: my rear panel was stuck in the up position. Took it to my indy, they closed it, left the sun shade open (at our...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Replies: 261
Views: 271,293
Posted By jfox00
You close by in RI by chance? I'd be happy to...

You close by in RI by chance? I'd be happy to pay you in cold, hard beer the next time I have to replace one :-)
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Replies: 261
Views: 271,293
Posted By jfox00
I just had the front passenger side door carrier...

I just had the front passenger side door carrier replaced at my indie shop. Part was $125 and the labor and tax brought the total to $380. Dealership was quoting almost $600 for this. Just wanted...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,252
Posted By jfox00
x5 Gremlins - Hazards, Sun Roof, Cigarette Lighers

Hi team -

2005 X5, 3.0i, Auto. 113,000 Miles. Running problem free for countless miles. Past two days, I'm noticing a few issues - maybe related, maybe not....

1. Sunroof wont close from...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Replies: 100
Views: 27,155
Posted By jfox00
I've had several good experiences with Elite Auto...

I've had several good experiences with Elite Auto Repair in Rhode Island. Worth adding to your list I think. Interested to know about other options in RI.

Elite Auto Repair
Elite Auto Repair...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,084
Posted By jfox00
Thanks for the feedback. I actually have one of...

Thanks for the feedback. I actually have one of those tablet headrest mounts, and it works ok, but it doesn't look very good, and I can't hide charging wires, and the kids can actually yank on it...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,084
Posted By jfox00
Aftermarket Media / Video Headrest Player Options

I'm in the market for an aftermarket solution that would allow my kids to watch videos in the back seat. My preference would be to use a Wifi hard drive (like the Seagate wireless plus hard drive)...
Forum: BMW SAV Items for Sale 08-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Replies: 46
Views: 11,624
Posted By jfox00
I think I'm the third person showing interest in...

I think I'm the third person showing interest in the rear windows shades (I guess your kids are as rough on them as mine are!). If still available, please PM me price.

Thanks,
Jason
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 4,681
Posted By jfox00
I'm actually considering something like this now....

I'm actually considering something like this now. Could you post a specific model number and where you got yours, price, experience with other headrests, etc., and include some picts? Feel free to...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 23,270
Posted By jfox00
it worked!

Just wanted to say thank you. Older thread I know - but my 4x4 light came on just yesterday, did a search, found this thread, followed the instructions, and issue resolved.

I hope my next issue...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,292
Posted By jfox00
Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into some of...

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into some of the DIY instructions for removal of steering wheel. It seems like my best bet it to just remove and repaint myself. I'll go with some Rustoleum...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,292
Posted By jfox00
Can I replace

After 100K miles, my steering wheel 'cover' has become scratch up to the point it actually bothers me. I believe I need the following part. Can someone confirm? I have a 2005 BMW X5 with the sport...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 2,788
Posted By jfox00
I have the same sport package on a 2005 X5 3.0i...

I have the same sport package on a 2005 X5 3.0i with the same size tires, and after my MXV4's I purchased the Toyo Proxy ST II, which were quite reasonably priced. I'm not sure if these tires have...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 29,690
Posted By jfox00
Well, after taking it to the dealer, they had to...

Well, after taking it to the dealer, they had to replace the instrument panel/cluster. In fact, they had to do it twice, because after the first replacement, I heard a strange ticking/humming sound...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.