Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-09-2015, 06:15 AM
|
|
Replies: 142
Views: 81,896
The correct fix is valve guides or new heads....
The correct fix is valve guides or new heads. Valve seals wont make a difference once the guides are worn. Since this is a well known problem and just about every 4.8 ever made has this issue or will...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
11-24-2012, 04:26 AM
|
|
Replies: 35
Views: 5,763
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
10-22-2012, 09:18 PM
|
|
Replies: 11
Views: 3,067
havent been online in a while. Fault code was...
havent been online in a while. Fault code was right front door air bag. Cant remember the code # but it came back instantly after resetting. Tried several times. Pops back up as quick as I put it out.
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
10-22-2012, 09:16 PM
|
|
Replies: 35
Views: 5,763
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
10-17-2012, 11:22 PM
|
|
Replies: 11
Views: 3,067
SRS light on
I had to replace the right front window regulator. In the process I removed the air bag without disconnecting the battery. Now the light is on. I had my friend reset the light with the new Snap-On...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
10-17-2012, 11:09 PM
|
|
Replies: 18
Views: 3,165
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
09-19-2012, 04:47 PM
|
|
Replies: 39
Views: 21,434
File a dispute either through PayPal or your...
File a dispute either through PayPal or your credit card and return the headlights. That's way too much to pay and hear "fix it yourself". Your better off going through your credit card. Buy a pair...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
09-13-2012, 01:38 PM
|
|
Replies: 142
Views: 81,896
There should be a recall on that freaking...
There should be a recall on that freaking engine!!!! Everyone that has a 4.8 is experiancing an exhaust smoke issue to some degree. Unlike the 4.4 where its usually just a crankcase vent valve, the...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
09-11-2012, 01:00 AM
|
|
Replies: 5
Views: 5,328
I would call and speak to an agent. I almost...
I would call and speak to an agent. I almost bought an extended warranty plan. Good thing I called. My vehicle has over 80k miles on it so the company will only pay a cap of $3000 total over the 3...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
09-11-2012, 12:53 AM
|
|
Replies: 9
Views: 4,934
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
09-04-2012, 08:26 PM
|
|
Replies: 39
Views: 21,434
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-31-2012, 02:49 PM
|
|
Replies: 8
Views: 3,156
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-30-2012, 10:19 PM
|
|
Replies: 8
Views: 3,156
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-30-2012, 10:17 PM
|
|
Replies: 8
Views: 3,156
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-30-2012, 05:00 PM
|
|
Replies: 8
Views: 3,156
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-30-2012, 03:09 PM
|
|
Replies: 8
Views: 3,156
Need a window regulator clip
So I got around to pulling my door apart. I found the common problem, the cheap $1.24 window clip. I replaced it but I still have the same problem. The window is getting stuck at the bottom. Upon...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-30-2012, 03:01 PM
|
|
Replies: 12
Views: 11,588
regulator clip
So I replaced my broken window clip and still having the same problem. I know for sure it is the regulator clip. The cable became disconnected from the clip. The plastic around the cable lug broke. I...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-25-2012, 09:19 PM
|
|
Replies: 7
Views: 1,429
I have had the same experiance with 2 dealers....
I have had the same experiance with 2 dealers. (not BMW) One was a 6 hour drive and they gave me the old bait & switch when I got there. The other was a "reputable" Toyota dealer. After talking with...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-23-2012, 06:53 PM
|
|
Replies: 4
Views: 1,913
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-23-2012, 04:21 PM
|
|
Replies: 4
Views: 1,913
Window gets stuck down?
Went out with the wife last night. She went to roll her window up and nothing. I pulled over and noticed the window moves about an inch and the outside door handle moves like the window is hiting it?...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-22-2012, 09:38 PM
|
|
Replies: 14
Views: 2,546
If I decide to sell mine I wont let it go for...
If I decide to sell mine I wont let it go for under 20k. Other than a little curb rash on a couple wheels its in showroom condition in and out. Not a ding, nick or scratch anywhere and 4 brand new...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-22-2012, 05:39 PM
|
|
Replies: 14
Views: 2,546
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-21-2012, 07:53 AM
|
|
Replies: 39
Views: 21,434
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-21-2012, 07:22 AM
|
|
Replies: 634
Views: 781,533
I was going crazy trying to figure this out. My...
I was going crazy trying to figure this out. My red globe does not turn. Last night i realized my rear view mirror along with the side mirrors is auto darkening. There is a little sensor eye on the...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-13-2012, 09:40 PM
|
|
Replies: 10
Views: 2,986
|