Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #12781  
Old 10-18-2020, 11:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 527
snik is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, my ALC is also bad I'm I'm pretty sure for the same reason. I've had to replace the ignitor module several times.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
__________________
Black on cream 04 4.8iS
Black on black 330i ZHP auto
Imola on black 01 M3
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #12782  
Old 10-18-2020, 12:00 PM
crystalworks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 6,404
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snik View Post
Hmmm, my ALC is also bad I'm I'm pretty sure for the same reason. I've had to replace the ignitor module several times.
We can take a look at it while your truck is here getting the EHCII deleted. I have 2 spare ALC modules for the headlights if yours is borked. Do either one of your lights level? Or both are stationary?

If both you may want to order an LWR module to have on hand just in case. I saw one on Ebay for ~$20. Make sure you get the right one, there is a white one and a black one. Both apply to E53's. If your truck needs a white one I have a spare here for you along with the ALC modules.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote
  #12783  
Old 10-18-2020, 12:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 527
snik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
We can take a look at it while your truck is here getting the EHCII deleted. I have 2 spare ALC modules for the headlights if yours is borked. Do either one of your lights level? Or both are stationary?



If both you may want to order an LWR module to have on hand just in case. I saw one on Ebay for ~$20. Make sure you get the right one, there is a white one and a black one. Both apply to E53's. If your truck needs a white one I have a spare here for you along with the ALC modules.
Pretty sure they're both stationary.
LWR module?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
__________________
Black on cream 04 4.8iS
Black on black 330i ZHP auto
Imola on black 01 M3
Reply With Quote
  #12784  
Old 10-18-2020, 12:35 PM
crystalworks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 6,404
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snik View Post
Pretty sure they're both stationary.
LWR module?
This thing. It lives above the EHCII computer and GM behind the glove box.



https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-325i-33...0ed3%7Ciid%3A1

Mine has that black version, but there is also a white version. If your truck takes the white one, I have one here.

__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote
  #12785  
Old 10-18-2020, 12:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 527
snik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
This thing. It lives above the EHCII computer and GM behind the glove box.







https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-325i-33...0ed3%7Ciid%3A1



Mine has that black version, but there is also a white version. If your truck takes the white one, I have one here.



Ok. I'll buy the black one just in case.
Why would that go bad tho?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
__________________
Black on cream 04 4.8iS
Black on black 330i ZHP auto
Imola on black 01 M3
Reply With Quote
  #12786  
Old 10-18-2020, 01:06 PM
crystalworks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 6,404
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snik View Post
Ok. I'll buy the black one just in case.
Why would that go bad tho?
No idea. Honestly yours is probably good and the system needs resetting. But for $20 better to have it on hand while you're here just in case. You're truck is optioned for alc right?
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote
  #12787  
Old 10-18-2020, 01:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 527
snik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
No idea. Honestly yours is probably good and the system needs resetting. But for $20 better to have it on hand while you're here just in case. You're truck is optioned for alc right?
Yes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
__________________
Black on cream 04 4.8iS
Black on black 330i ZHP auto
Imola on black 01 M3
Reply With Quote
  #12788  
Old 10-18-2020, 03:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,373
Clavurion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
This thing. It lives above the EHCII computer and GM behind the glove box.



https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-325i-33...0ed3%7Ciid%3A1

Mine has that black version, but there is also a white version. If your truck takes the white one, I have one here.

Are you mixing two different systems?

Adaptive lights (xenons with lateral movement) have that AHL module. Normal xenons with auto leveling have separate LWR module only on pre 9/2002 versions. Post 9/2002 version have LCM IV which has the functionality of LWR without that separate module. Halogens with manual aim are always controlled by LCM.
__________________
E39 530dA -02 M-Sport Messing metallic
E53 X5 3.0dA -06 Sport Stratus grey
Reply With Quote
  #12789  
Old 10-18-2020, 03:52 PM
crystalworks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 6,404
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavurion View Post
Are you mixing two different systems?

Adaptive lights (xenons with lateral movement) have that AHL module. Normal xenons with auto leveling have separate LWR module only on pre 9/2002 versions. Post 9/2002 version have LCM IV which has the functionality of LWR without that separate module. Halogens with manual aim are always controlled by LCM.
I don't think so. Mine has xenons (522) and ALC (524). It is equipped with that LWR module. I also have LCM IV.

But I'm new to module coding so maybe I've gotten something mixed up? I have physically pulled the ahl (61356934122), headlight SMC modules (63126939069), and lcm (61356960253) from the truck though to verify when I was replacing parts. Everything works great now years later after the reset I did yesterday.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Last edited by crystalworks; 10-18-2020 at 04:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12790  
Old 10-18-2020, 04:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,373
Clavurion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
I don't think so. Mine has xenons (522) and ALC (524). It is equipped with that LWR module. I also have LCM IV.

But I'm new to module coding so maybe I've gotten something mixed up? I have physically pulled the lwr (61356934122), headlight SMC modules (63126939069), and lcm (61356960253) from the truck though to verify when I was replacing parts. Everything works great now years later after the reset.
Mine also has adaptive xenons. Sounds a bit strange as there should be no use for LWR module on vehicles with adaptive lights or post 9/2002 models with LCM IV.

Edit: Isn't that 61356934122 AHL module, not LWR module?
__________________
E39 530dA -02 M-Sport Messing metallic
E53 X5 3.0dA -06 Sport Stratus grey
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.