Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #13001  
Old 01-12-2021, 11:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 170
sidneyj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecty View Post
Link to this piston repair kit?
Go to:
bagpipingandy.com web site and you can learn all about this guy and his kits. I should clarify it’s not a piston repair but it’s a new piston ring. If you’ve got that same error it’s probably your compressor. The kits sell on eBay and although Andy makes these in the UK he has a US distributor in Wisconsin. Update here you go:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-X5-E53-...oAAOxyaURThP5h






Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com

Last edited by sidneyj; 01-13-2021 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #13002  
Old 01-13-2021, 01:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Washington
Posts: 29
plasstik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecty View Post
That's because it's OE trim.


That came OEM!?! Noice!!


Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com
Reply With Quote
  #13003  
Old 01-13-2021, 01:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 596
Purplecty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasstik View Post
That came OEM!?! Noice!!


Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com
Yes it did.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_3772
__________________
02 Imola on Black Dinan S2 4.6iS
00 RoyalRot on Sand/Black 740i Short Sport
Reply With Quote
  #13004  
Old 01-13-2021, 12:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Washington
Posts: 29
plasstik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecty View Post


(Grabs face with shock and excitement) I think I found another way to spend $$. Changing out the lame wood color for some style!!


Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com
Reply With Quote
  #13005  
Old 01-13-2021, 03:58 PM
andrewwynn's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,894
andrewwynn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasstik View Post
(Grabs face with shock and excitement) I think I found another way to spend $$. Changing out the lame wood color for some style!!


Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com


A far less expensive method is to wrap them. Saw a very nice carbon fiber look wrap job from an xo member.
__________________
E53 / M54 2001 3.0i gas LHD (pair of them: his & her)
Reply With Quote
  #13006  
Old 01-16-2021, 05:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 21
wu11ie is on a distinguished road
Wind deflectors fitted,
Carbon roundels on front, rear, wheels and steering wheel,
12 LED number plate bulbs,
Pedal covers - still looking for a footrest.


Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13007  
Old 01-16-2021, 07:46 PM
Overboost's Avatar
//Binary is in my DNA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 2,859
Overboost is on a distinguished road
Down to Sebring Florida again for LMP3 testing and then down to Miami to measure out the chassis for the data system going into a Porsche GT2 RS Clubsport running Pikes Peak this year. Over 1500 miles round trip and the last 200 miles the CEL popped up.

Looks like P1620 Map Cooling Thermostat Control Circuit Signal High so I guess my thermostat has finished it's duty although the temps were nothing but perfect at 90C. The dealer thermostat has been in there maybe 3 years but I guess it has failed.

Another stress for us was the check engine oil level warning coming on the moment I got to Miami. Checked the level on the dipstick and it was just at the bottom of the bulb at the end of the dipstick. I run LiquiMoly so I didn't want to blend in anything I could buy at the local auto parts store so kept the RPM down to 2300 RPM (65 MPH) and drove it home another 750 miles. It always alerted me when I shut the engine down but it got to the point where it was coming on as I drove. The entire drive home was a nail biter thinking I was damaging my engine.

Once I topped it off back home, it only took 1 quart. The entire 12 hours of driving worried for nothing. SMDH

Oh yeah, found this in the paddock. Guess I know where my next $200K is going
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Overboost; 01-16-2021 at 07:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13008  
Old 01-16-2021, 07:57 PM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 781
Happy is on a distinguished road
What did you do to / for your E53 today??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Down to Sebring Florida again for LMP3 testing and then down to Miami to measure out the chassis for the data system going into a Porsche GT2 RS Clubsport running Pikes Peak this year. Over 1500 miles round trip and the last 200 miles the CEL popped up.

Looks like P1620 Map Cooling Thermostat Control Circuit Signal High so I guess my thermostat has finished it's duty although the temps were nothing but perfect at 90C. The dealer thermostat has been in there maybe 3 years but I guess it has failed.

Another stress for us was the check engine oil level warning coming on the moment I got to Miami. Checked the level on the dipstick and it was just at the bottom of the bulb at the end of the dipstick. I run LiquiMoly so I didn't want to blend in anything I could buy at the local auto parts store so kept the RPM down to 2300 RPM (65 MPH) and drove it home another 750 miles. It always alerted me when I shut the engine down but it got to the point where it was coming on as I drove. The entire drive home was a nail biter thinking I was damaging my engine.

Once I topped it off back home, it only took 1 quart. The entire 12 hours of driving worried for nothing. SMDH

Oh yeah, found this in the paddock. Guess I know where my next $200K is going

Glad to hear to made it safe.
__________________
02 BMW 5 Speed Supercharged Meth Injected E53

Reply With Quote
  #13009  
Old 01-16-2021, 10:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Washington
Posts: 29
plasstik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wu11ie View Post
Wind deflectors fitted,
Carbon roundels on front, rear, wheels and steering wheel,
12 LED number plate bulbs,
Pedal covers - still looking for a footrest.


Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk


Nice !!!


Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com
Reply With Quote
  #13010  
Old 01-17-2021, 01:18 AM
andrewwynn's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,894
andrewwynn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Down to Sebring Florida again for LMP3 testing and then down to Miami to measure out the chassis for the data system going into a Porsche GT2 RS Clubsport running Pikes Peak this year. Over 1500 miles round trip and the last 200 miles the CEL popped up.



Looks like P1620 Map Cooling Thermostat Control Circuit Signal High so I guess my thermostat has finished it's duty although the temps were nothing but perfect at 90C. The dealer thermostat has been in there maybe 3 years but I guess it has failed.



Another stress for us was the check engine oil level warning coming on the moment I got to Miami. Checked the level on the dipstick and it was just at the bottom of the bulb at the end of the dipstick. I run LiquiMoly so I didn't want to blend in anything I could buy at the local auto parts store so kept the RPM down to 2300 RPM (65 MPH) and drove it home another 750 miles. It always alerted me when I shut the engine down but it got to the point where it was coming on as I drove. The entire drive home was a nail biter thinking I was damaging my engine.



Once I topped it off back home, it only took 1 quart. The entire 12 hours of driving worried for nothing. SMDH



Oh yeah, found this in the paddock. Guess I know where my next $200K is going


Bottom of the bulb about 1.5 low that's equivalent of 3/4 qt low in a typical car gotta love 8 qt capacity in that regard. If the oil light never blinked while driving the "getting low" yellow light at shut down did it's job.

If your t-stat still regulates 90c it's no big deal that the "open more" function doesn't work if you aren't pushing it hard. Get OEM from Amazon or fcpeuro it's like $60 and don't even need to drain coolant to change it out (lose like 8 oz)
__________________
E53 / M54 2001 3.0i gas LHD (pair of them: his & her)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.