Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Off-topic > The Lounge
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #681  
Old 05-24-2020, 05:32 PM
andrewwynn's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 5,977
andrewwynn is on a distinguished road
RE: X5 Unrelated, but Good Information in Times of Need

Quote:
Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
You have access to the internet, just look up WHO test kits refused by USA.
Incorrect

Code:
 What's True
The U.S. did not use COVID-19 diagnostic tests produced by the World Health Organization (WHO) in favor of producing its own.
What's False
The U.S. did not turn down an offer to use those tests (as no such offer was extended), nor was it unusual for the United States to design and produce its own diagnostic tests in lieu of those made elsewhere.
That's from Snopes which drips with liberal koolaid.


Quote:
How the USA got infected was mostly and I state mostly from travelers from EUROPE. They have genome people with the virus and there are various studies by various group of scientists and researchers that the virus was from EUROPE. The virus may have originated originally from CHINA to Europe but the virus is from EUROPE. When did the USA stop travel between Europe?

The travel ban extended to Europe about two weeks after China. True that plenty of Europe travel happend from the time it first reported cv19 butt the damage was already done. Are you trying to tell me more than 500,000 people came from Europe between say 1 Jan and the travel ban 6 weeks later ? Impossible.


Quote:

Who was the person telling the American public that th virus was another Democrat HOAX? Who was the person telling the American public that there are only 15 cases and it will go away miraculously?
The only people that ever called the virus a democratic hoax were the talking heads in the Legacy media.

Code:
What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.
What he said which is clearly true is that democrats would make everything trump did in regards to covid 19 a "sky is falling" story. They would be mostly fabricated starting with instantly reporting that he called CV a democratic hoax.

If the world didn't shut down costing USA $6T and countless jobs and future suicides etc we would be about where we are now with cases and deaths there is zero substantial evidence to the contrary.

Quote:

So if they don't use the term Covid-19 they are moron? Didn't Trump cross out the term Covid-19 or coronavirus and replace it with China Virus on a speech he gave that his speech writer wrote for him? (you can Google that also).
I did not say that. I said that people using the phrase "coronavirus" are being ignorant or lazy. Coronavirus is a type of virus of which are maybe 1000s. The virus we are dealing with that causes covid-19 disease is the sars-cov-2 viruses alias Wuhan Virus.

I have no idea if a speech crossed out the incorrect term and use an alias for the correct term but why would that matter? When ebola was tearing apart Africa it would be no big deal to call it the Africa virus at the time. Ebola is a literal place the virus is named after, the logical name for the Wuhan virus is Wuhan virus. They gave it a different name but pahlenty of people call the Willis tower the Sears tower. sars-cov-2 is the name of the virus that causes covid-19 the disease.

Wuhan virus is lot easier to say than sars-cov-2 and makes more sense. It's not a disparaging term about the city. They would be proud to have a cure for cancer named after them. Being the place where a disease is discovered doesn't mean you made it and the phrase china virus and Wuhan virus is exactly descriptive of what it is and were the terms used by the legacy media 100s of times a day until trump used it in a speech which made it a radioactive phrase from this point on.

[Quote]

You were wrong about this thread:



https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/...giving-up.html



Quote:

You mean the thread where you said it was for sure the tension strut bushing and I said no it's the control arms.

Where he said the tension strut bushings look ok, bought control arms and put them in and fixed the problem? That thread?

Quote:

I was the only one that was right about this thread:



https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/...5-misfire.html
And your point is? I never mentioned what I thought was wrong only how to diagnose. You did call it and I said good call. I wasn't wrong to suggest what I did.
__________________
E53 / M54 2001 3.0i gas LHD (pair of them: his & her)

Last edited by andrewwynn; 05-24-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #682  
Old 05-24-2020, 11:39 PM
upallnight's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cook County
Posts: 6,800
upallnight is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=andrewwynn;1184563]Incorrect

Code:
 What's True
The U.S. did not use COVID-19 diagnostic tests produced by the World Health Organization (WHO) in favor of producing its own.
What's False
The U.S. did not turn down an offer to use those tests (as no such offer was extended), nor was it unusual for the United States to design and produce its own diagnostic tests in lieu of those made elsewhere.
That's from Snopes which drips with liberal koolaid.





The travel ban extended to Europe about two weeks after China. True that plenty of Europe travel happend from the time it first reported cv19 butt the damage was already done. Are you trying to tell me more than 500,000 people came from Europe between say 1 Jan and the travel ban 6 weeks later ? Impossible.




The only people that ever called the virus a democratic hoax were the talking heads in the Legacy media.

Code:
What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.
What he said which is clearly true is that democrats would make everything trump did in regards to covid 19 a "sky is falling" story. They would be mostly fabricated starting with instantly reporting that he called CV a democratic hoax.

If the world didn't shut down costing USA $6T and countless jobs and future suicides etc we would be about where we are now with cases and deaths there is zero substantial evidence to the contrary.



I did not say that. I said that people using the phrase "coronavirus" are being ignorant or lazy. Coronavirus is a type of virus of which are maybe 1000s. The virus we are dealing with that causes covid-19 disease is the sars-cov-2 viruses alias Wuhan Virus.

I have no idea if a speech crossed out the incorrect term and use an alias for the correct term but why would that matter? When ebola was tearing apart Africa it would be no big deal to call it the Africa virus at the time. Ebola is a literal place the virus is named after, the logical name for the Wuhan virus is Wuhan virus. They gave it a different name but pahlenty of people call the Willis tower the Sears tower. sars-cov-2 is the name of the virus that causes covid-19 the disease.

Wuhan virus is lot easier to say than sars-cov-2 and makes more sense. It's not a disparaging term about the city. They would be proud to have a cure for cancer named after them. Being the place where a disease is discovered doesn't mean you made it and the phrase china virus and Wuhan virus is exactly descriptive of what it is and were the terms used by the legacy media 100s of times a day until trump used it in a speech which made it a radioactive phrase from this point on.

Quote:

You were wrong about this thread:



https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/...giving-up.html





And your point is? I never mentioned what I thought was wrong only how to diagnose. You did call it and I said good call. I wasn't wrong to suggest what I did.
Here's my reply in case you weren't at the rally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TZ6fTYrsE
__________________
2006 Infiniti G35
2001 BMW 3.0I E53 X5 Build date 08/2000 SOLD
Lotus Europa 1970 Destroyed by fire
Lotus Europa 1970 S2 Renault Powered
Lotus Type 52 1970 Twincam Webers Powered
PORSCHE 911 Targa 1982 The Garage Queen
Audi Avant donated to Kars for Kids
BMW 525IT Sold
Audi 4000CS Quattro Sold
Jensen Healey Lotus Powered Sold
Opel 1900 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1971 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1968 Sold
Plymouth "Cuda" 340 Six pack SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 05-24-2020, 11:51 PM
upallnight's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cook County
Posts: 6,800
upallnight is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=andrewwynn;1184563]Incorrect

Code:
 What's True
The U.S. did not use COVID-19 diagnostic tests produced by the World Health Organization (WHO) in favor of producing its own.
What's False
The U.S. did not turn down an offer to use those tests (as no such offer was extended), nor was it unusual for the United States to design and produce its own diagnostic tests in lieu of those made elsewhere.
That's from Snopes which drips with liberal koolaid.





The travel ban extended to Europe about two weeks after China. True that plenty of Europe travel happend from the time it first reported cv19 butt the damage was already done. Are you trying to tell me more than 500,000 people came from Europe between say 1 Jan and the travel ban 6 weeks later ? Impossible.




The only people that ever called the virus a democratic hoax were the talking heads in the Legacy media.

Code:
What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.
What he said which is clearly true is that democrats would make everything trump did in regards to covid 19 a "sky is falling" story. They would be mostly fabricated starting with instantly reporting that he called CV a democratic hoax.

If the world didn't shut down costing USA $6T and countless jobs and future suicides etc we would be about where we are now with cases and deaths there is zero substantial evidence to the contrary.



I did not say that. I said that people using the phrase "coronavirus" are being ignorant or lazy. Coronavirus is a type of virus of which are maybe 1000s. The virus we are dealing with that causes covid-19 disease is the sars-cov-2 viruses alias Wuhan Virus.

I have no idea if a speech crossed out the incorrect term and use an alias for the correct term but why would that matter?
When ebola was tearing apart Africa it would be no big deal to call it the Africa virus at the time. Ebola is a literal place the virus is named after, the logical name for the Wuhan virus is Wuhan virus. They gave it a different name but pahlenty of people call the Willis tower the Sears tower. sars-cov-2 is the name of the virus that causes covid-19 the disease.

Wuhan virus is lot easier to say than sars-cov-2 and makes more sense. It's not a disparaging term about the city. They would be proud to have a cure for cancer named after them. Being the place where a disease is discovered doesn't mean you made it and the phrase china virus and Wuhan virus is exactly descriptive of what it is and were the terms used by the legacy media 100s of times a day until trump used it in a speech which made it a radioactive phrase from this point on.

Quote:

You were wrong about this thread:



https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/...giving-up.html





And your point is? I never mentioned what I thought was wrong only how to diagnose. You did call it and I said good call. I wasn't wrong to suggest what I did.
It matters because he is trying to shift the blame for his inept response to the problem. Maybe since you are not Asian American you don't give a shit but the violence against Asian Americans has increased because of Trump rhetoric.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2006 Infiniti G35
2001 BMW 3.0I E53 X5 Build date 08/2000 SOLD
Lotus Europa 1970 Destroyed by fire
Lotus Europa 1970 S2 Renault Powered
Lotus Type 52 1970 Twincam Webers Powered
PORSCHE 911 Targa 1982 The Garage Queen
Audi Avant donated to Kars for Kids
BMW 525IT Sold
Audi 4000CS Quattro Sold
Jensen Healey Lotus Powered Sold
Opel 1900 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1971 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1968 Sold
Plymouth "Cuda" 340 Six pack SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 05-25-2020, 12:00 AM
upallnight's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cook County
Posts: 6,800
upallnight is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=andrewwynn;1184563]Incorrect

Code:
 What's True
The U.S. did not use COVID-19 diagnostic tests produced by the World Health Organization (WHO) in favor of producing its own.
What's False
The U.S. did not turn down an offer to use those tests (as no such offer was extended), nor was it unusual for the United States to design and produce its own diagnostic tests in lieu of those made elsewhere.
That's from Snopes which drips with liberal koolaid.





The travel ban extended to Europe about two weeks after China. True that plenty of Europe travel happend from the time it first reported cv19 butt the damage was already done. Are you trying to tell me more than 500,000 people came from Europe between say 1 Jan and the travel ban 6 weeks later ? Impossible.




The only people that ever called the virus a democratic hoax were the talking heads in the Legacy media.

Code:
What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.
What he said which is clearly true is that democrats would make everything trump did in regards to covid 19 a "sky is falling" story. They would be mostly fabricated starting with instantly reporting that he called CV a democratic hoax.

If the world didn't shut down costing USA $6T and countless jobs and future suicides etc we would be about where we are now with cases and deaths there is zero substantial evidence to the contrary.



I did not say that. I said that people using the phrase "coronavirus" are being ignorant or lazy. Coronavirus is a type of virus of which are maybe 1000s. The virus we are dealing with that causes covid-19 disease is the sars-cov-2 viruses alias Wuhan Virus.

I have no idea if a speech crossed out the incorrect term and use an alias for the correct term but why would that matter? When ebola was tearing apart Africa it would be no big deal to call it the Africa virus at the time. Ebola is a literal place the virus is named after, the logical name for the Wuhan virus is Wuhan virus. They gave it a different name but pahlenty of people call the Willis tower the Sears tower. sars-cov-2 is the name of the virus that causes covid-19 the disease.

Wuhan virus is lot easier to say than sars-cov-2 and makes more sense. It's not a disparaging term about the city. They would be proud to have a cure for cancer named after them. Being the place where a disease is discovered doesn't mean you made it and the phrase china virus and Wuhan virus is exactly descriptive of what it is and were the terms used by the legacy media 100s of times a day until trump used it in a speech which made it a radioactive phrase from this point on.

Quote:

You were wrong about this thread:



https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/...giving-up.html





And your point is? I never mentioned what I thought was wrong only how to diagnose. You did call it and I said good call. I wasn't wrong to suggest what I did.
Travel ban from China was initiated at the end of January, 2020, but the travel ban from Europe wasn't initiated until Mid March 2020. You must have been absent from class the day they taught the calendar because from the end of January to Mid March is 6 Weeks not 2 as you suggested.

https://skift.com/2020/05/03/a-europ...f-the-fallout/
__________________
2006 Infiniti G35
2001 BMW 3.0I E53 X5 Build date 08/2000 SOLD
Lotus Europa 1970 Destroyed by fire
Lotus Europa 1970 S2 Renault Powered
Lotus Type 52 1970 Twincam Webers Powered
PORSCHE 911 Targa 1982 The Garage Queen
Audi Avant donated to Kars for Kids
BMW 525IT Sold
Audi 4000CS Quattro Sold
Jensen Healey Lotus Powered Sold
Opel 1900 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1971 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1968 Sold
Plymouth "Cuda" 340 Six pack SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 05-25-2020, 12:09 AM
upallnight's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cook County
Posts: 6,800
upallnight is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=andrewwynn;1184563]Incorrect

Code:
 What's True
The U.S. did not use COVID-19 diagnostic tests produced by the World Health Organization (WHO) in favor of producing its own.
What's False
The U.S. did not turn down an offer to use those tests (as no such offer was extended), nor was it unusual for the United States to design and produce its own diagnostic tests in lieu of those made elsewhere.
That's from Snopes which drips with liberal koolaid.





The travel ban extended to Europe about two weeks after China. True that plenty of Europe travel happend from the time it first reported cv19 butt the damage was already done. Are you trying to tell me more than 500,000 people came from Europe between say 1 Jan and the travel ban 6 weeks later ? Impossible.




The only people that ever called the virus a democratic hoax were the talking heads in the Legacy media.

Code:
What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.
What he said which is clearly true is that democrats would make everything trump did in regards to covid 19 a "sky is falling" story. They would be mostly fabricated starting with instantly reporting that he called CV a democratic hoax.

If the world didn't shut down costing USA $6T and countless jobs and future suicides etc we would be about where we are now with cases and deaths there is zero substantial evidence to the contrary.



I did not say that. I said that people using the phrase "coronavirus" are being ignorant or lazy. Coronavirus is a type of virus of which are maybe 1000s. The virus we are dealing with that causes covid-19 disease is the sars-cov-2 viruses alias Wuhan Virus.

I have no idea if a speech crossed out the incorrect term and use an alias for the correct term but why would that matter? When ebola was tearing apart Africa it would be no big deal to call it the Africa virus at the time. Ebola is a literal place the virus is named after, the logical name for the Wuhan virus is Wuhan virus. They gave it a different name but pahlenty of people call the Willis tower the Sears tower. sars-cov-2 is the name of the virus that causes covid-19 the disease.

Wuhan virus is lot easier to say than sars-cov-2 and makes more sense. It's not a disparaging term about the city. They would be proud to have a cure for cancer named after them. Being the place where a disease is discovered doesn't mean you made it and the phrase china virus and Wuhan virus is exactly descriptive of what it is and were the terms used by the legacy media 100s of times a day until trump used it in a speech which made it a radioactive phrase from this point on.

Quote:

You were wrong about this thread:



https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/...giving-up.html





And your point is? I never mentioned what I thought was wrong only how to diagnose. You did call it and I said good call. I wasn't wrong to suggest what I did.
Maybe your search on the internet must have the filter don't search for the truth if it makes the Trump Administration looks bad.

Here an article on WHO offering the testing kits to 60 countries, guess which country didn't take their offer?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...failure-123166
__________________
2006 Infiniti G35
2001 BMW 3.0I E53 X5 Build date 08/2000 SOLD
Lotus Europa 1970 Destroyed by fire
Lotus Europa 1970 S2 Renault Powered
Lotus Type 52 1970 Twincam Webers Powered
PORSCHE 911 Targa 1982 The Garage Queen
Audi Avant donated to Kars for Kids
BMW 525IT Sold
Audi 4000CS Quattro Sold
Jensen Healey Lotus Powered Sold
Opel 1900 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1971 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1968 Sold
Plymouth "Cuda" 340 Six pack SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 05-25-2020, 12:21 AM
andrewwynn's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 5,977
andrewwynn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
It matters because he is trying to shift the blame for his inept response to the problem. Maybe since you are not Asian American you don't give a shit but the violence against Asian Americans has increased because of Trump rhetoric.
It is true that our 'peerless leaker' can't accept blame for anything very much like a single child that wont admit he knocked over the vase. It's a pretty big character defect and i would tell him to his face.

I do 'give a shit' about Asians; i have an asian-america son and an asian wife who is 1/2 chinese and sees no problem with using the phrase wuhan virus.

It's terrible that people try to turn a simple thing like referring to a virus by it's origination (like typically done).

What do *you* call the sars-cov-2 virus? It is NOT 'coronavirus' that is something 'the press' made up because after trump started using china virus or wuhan virus they decided that minute to call trump racist (nothing further from the truth) and that somehow it's evil to refer to a virus by where it was discovered I never heard anybody complain about the name of Ebola in that way, because there is no reason for it.

People that saw that in my view are the racists; and anybody that took it upon themselves to harm somebody of chinese decent because of the pres. calling the virus by it's origin, after the 'news' had been doing it for a month or more, should be hung up by their privates and *then* tortured.

I only have heard anecdotal evidence of any change in violence directed at Asians/Chinese tied to anything trump said regarding the sars-cov-2 virus.

Literally if a document was trying to reference the virus and they put covid-19 as the name of the virus that is just wrong it's the name of the disease so it should have been crossed out and changed to sars-cov-2 or the alias wuhan virus.

Exactly how is referring to the source of a virus 'shifting blame', it's a fact. The virus came from there it's not in dispute. You bought up 'it came through Europe' are you trying to say it originated in Europe or that it came through Europe to the usa and what would that have to do with the proper and long standing tradition of naming a virus after the geographic location where it originated.

If a new virus was discovered in Wisconsin and they called it 'the wisconsin virus' it would not bother me at all; in fact if it makes you feel better you can refer to sars-cov-2 as the wuconshan virus.

I'm not exaggerating about how to deal with somebody that would harm an asian because of the origination of the virus. Say if somebody killed somebody for that reason, i would have no problem pulling the lever on the electric chair myself.
__________________
E53 / M54 2001 3.0i gas LHD (pair of them: his & her)
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 05-25-2020, 01:34 AM
andrewwynn's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 5,977
andrewwynn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by upallnight View Post

Maybe your search on the internet must have the filter don't search for the truth if it makes the Trump Administration looks bad.

Here an article on WHO offering the testing kits to 60 countries, guess which country didn't take their offer?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...failure-123166
Politico just from their name makes it QUITE CLEAR that they are NOT NEWS.

They are a political far left mouthpiece so it's usually impossible to squeeze anything resembling facts or truth out of their stuff, fortunately I have 'a team of experts' that does the fact-checking and in the 1% of articles from politico that are facts based news i will see them on my feeds.

I will humor you though and read the article.

So the article was pretty amazingly 'news-ish' for Politico but it did not have any real facts to point the blame finger other than saying that the administration didn't want to throw under the bus whomever was responsible for not asking WHO for their test kits.

I stand by my assessment that it would not have made much difference that the damage was already done; there were probably 10,000 cases of covid-19 in the usa by the middle of January maybe many more; there were 100s of 1000s of cases of 'flu like symptoms' and about 20,000 'flu related pnemonia' deaths by the end of January

I did goof on my six-week mention of Europe i though the europe travel ban started mid Feb but it was Mid March. I just looked up some statistics of a normal month of travel between europe and usa and it's a shit-ton; they could have easily been a majority of the infections getting into the usa.

That actually helps explain how fast it got around to every state. (and why it kept growing after the china travel ban).

It doesn't change the origin nor the reason to give a virus a name.

Back to the original quote at the top:

My news feeds are unbiased; there is plenty of actual news to point out the missteps of the current administration but without the 95% bias against that specifically makes the legacy media 'non news'

It's pretty simple to pick out 'non news'; you should not be able to tell a reporters political bent and right or left they should piss you off some of the time; a good reporter should get negative feedback on the same exact article, that's the best way to judge if a reporter is a good one; they report the facts without any spin, but people left or right will spin it themselves to see bias that isn't there.

Back to the test kits.. in the 'real world' not the 'politico' world; The administration was certainly assured by the CDC their test kit would be delivered in a timely fashion and work; with the WHO basically being another wing of the CCP, it's not hard to understand why our government would rather do what they typically do and make their own.

The CDC first round of kits was a disaster of epic proportions in many ways. It did not help the cause at all, it also didn't make a big difference as i've said many times, and now with the new tidbit of how many people came from Europe before the Europe ban, that is likely where the majority of infections came into the usa. Based on daily averages it would not be unlikely that upwards of 2-3 million people came into the usa from europe in the timeframe between the china and europe travel ban.

That being said, 'nobody knew', literally nobody knew where infected people were and where to stop them. Trump got 'into a world of shit' for travel banning China, and he was supposed to prophetically ban Europe also ?

I still don't understand especially with the new news from CDC that covid-19 doesn't spread readily on hard surfaces, how the hell the majority of new cases in NYC are coming from people in self quarantine. Are they sharing MJ cigarettes or something? it's mind-blowing, but does put huge holes in the 'safer at home' concept.

I want to make something perfectly clear for members of xo; I'm having a PERFECT example of a FIRST AMENDMENT debate with a fellow human, for whom i have a TON of respect, I'm not in any way saying Don isn't one of the most awesome people i've ever met (and I have met him in person a few times). He's one of my favorite people to read on xo, and his brain is an encyclopedia of x5 and other cars, we just are on very opposite sides of the political spectrum and i don't have *any* problem with that.

Don and I have had apolitical spats before as well and it never had any ill-will in the very least. I would have a beer with Don any day, the world is a far better place with his (crazy as me) desire to deep dive into couch-potato car repair.

If i had to pick 5 people on earth to start a business fixing cars, he'd be on the list.

I apologize if the word 'ignorant' or 'moronic' is misinterpreted, often people see those as insults when they are not and will get a 'flame session' started.

Ignorant: lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact:
ignorant of quantum physics.

When i use the word ignorant is just means 'the guy didn't know' I'm not sure why that is a 'hot button' word for people but often it is. (almost certainly somebody that gets upset from my use of ignorant is ignorant of the actual meaning; somehow it got turned into a derogatory word vs just factual)

When i use the word 'moronic' it doesn't mean the person is a moron, it means they are *acting like one*, i do it myself plenty so i 'know all the signs'.

I forgot what i used the term moronic to describe but it was most certainly meant so say 'if you did that you are acting stupidly'. That is an *opinion* folks it doesn't mean i know through my psychic powers that the guy actually is a moron.

I call people out on 'moronity' plenty. People give plenty of examples. Do something I consider 'stupid is as stupid does' and I will say; 'dude that was pretty moronic of you'. I will rarely if ever use the word 'moron' as a noun in conversation, I rarely know a person enough that it would be fair to apply that judgment. I would probably land on 'asshole' long before 'moron' ; must easier to objectively determine.

I once got into a big verbal battle with another of my solid favorites on xo; bcredliner; i have no idea what the fight was about but I made it very clear there were no bad intentions on my part, and will take his side proactively in most cases if somebody gives him a difficult time on the forum especially a newbie that doesn't know how to check a start date or post count. I've never met @bc in person, but wouldn't turn down the option (goes for most people on xo; my hyper-extended family)

Families fight; doesn't mean we don't care about each other. We are supposed to be ALLOWED to speak our mind without 'the google thought police' preventing free thought (or sadly most educational institutions especially higher education (i think that's an oxymoron)).

I'm not always right, but it 'rounds'. I have no problem being shown when i make a misstep like above; where i had a date wrong by a significant amount and will change how i discuss the injection of sars-cov-19 into the USA; it's an eye opener; now it makes more sense how fast it spread, because rather than 500,000 people from china it was also 2-3Million from Europe as well, so with my initial 'seed' estimate of 10,000 people that's 2% of 500,000 a number that was probably a bit to high to be realistic but 'within the realm of possibility.

Bump the denominator up to 3M and it's only 1/3 of 1%.

So; say if 1% of the travelers from China in Dec-Jan and Europe from Jan-March were infected that would mean 30,000 infections *all over* the entire USA. This is the injection I believed happened. I don't think that *anybody* could have stopped it because the incubation period is too long and they *just didn't know*.. They were ignorant of the facts that could have stopped it. They did NOT act moronically they in most cases did the best anybody could expect of them, so stop trying to blame people and as i said earlier "lift each other up" Negativity is as contagious as cv-19.

@upallnight; once more; great job on picking out the solution to the #5 cylinder, I would have taken a couple more iterations of diagnostics before i got that far, you were two chess moves ahead of me and your 'one in a billion' comment was spot-on and clever use of powerball money to replace.

That said; re-read that thread about the wheel shimmy giving up; you thought you had correct but did not. I think there was a missing 'not' somewhere that caused you to think the guy replaced the front facing tension struts whereas what was really replaced was the inward facing control arms. There was a very confusing photo of tension strut bushing, but it was to say literally 'it wasn't this thing mine are ok'. Not trying to axe your back, just trying to explain in *that case* you got it wrong, and I got it right. (it can happen either way).

If *I* read the thread wrong and the guy replaced the tension struts mia culpa I think you thought it ended up being the tension struts because he said too late in reference to buying yours, but there was confusion in that yours were the wrong part anyhow. I will definitely post a correction if it turns out they were the tension stuts not the control arms. (however having driven x5 for a couple months with completely shot tension struts that never caused the slightest wheel shimmy, I am quite confident that was a case of control arms (inward not forward facing).

Back from two or three tangents back to the thread topic now:

Everclear (the real one not the Illionis watered down one) is perfect to mix with pure aloe gel to make your own hand sanitizer just make sure the ratio is over 74% ever clear to get to 70% alcohol by volume. I put in a spray bottle to spray the inside of my mask that i leave in my car (or when low on gloves, spray them before i take them off). Great to spray things like a key or a phone; how many people use their phone *with their gloves* when in a store in a hot zone? My poor phone gets slimed regularly with hand sanitizer when i don't have my spray bottle handy.

Praise God with the notice that cv-19 doesn't spread readily on hard surfaces (also that sunlight will kill it).

Vitamin D deficiency is supposed to be problematic; my doc said i'm low on 'vitamin D' (quotes to make it funny for those dirty minds).

I take 2000 IU of D and double the normal daily rec. of C every day i remember.

Get outside, get some sun, for most people that's all the 'vitamin d' required. 'play along' with social distancing because if it's proven to not help at all in the end, it's pretty harmless and 'thought that counts' does matter still; it's kind of like chivalry.

Will i go to a restaurant when they open? hell yes i will, i would do it in downtown chicago. NYC; maybe in Fall; see; common sense; go with your gut and stay safe *for you* don't inject your limitations of self preservation on others; the USA is almost a free country still. I got the 'death stare' a month ago when i cleared my throat and spit from a woman not closer than 150ft from me; you'd have thought i kicked her baby. I *have to* clear my throat occasionally I was sick for THREE WEEKS (like literally in bed sick) expressly from not clearing my nose expressly from wearing a mask due to cv19.

Peace, and yes i mean it. positivity can be contagious as well.
__________________
E53 / M54 2001 3.0i gas LHD (pair of them: his & her)
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 05-25-2020, 02:55 AM
andrewwynn's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 5,977
andrewwynn is on a distinguished road
Somehow i think i missed this bit of knowledge:

Quote:
How do all these terms fit together? "Coronavirus" is a generic term that includes a large family of viruses, similar to saying someone has the flu. SARS-CoV-2 is a specific virus that can cause COVID-19, a disease. As WHO explains, this is similar to differentiating HIV and AIDS — HIV is a virus that causes AIDS. Outlined on their website, "People often know the name of a disease, such as measles, but not the name of the virus that causes it (rubeola)."
Not sure how i missed the HIV/AIDS comparison that is far easier to understand than Explorer/Ford.

AIDS is to Covid-19 as
HIV is to sars-cov-2 (the virus that causes the disease)

Coronavirus is to sars-cov-2 as
Cornoavirus is to 'the cold'

Coronavirus is NEITHER the agent that causes the disease NOR the infection caused by the disease.

So do you see why it bugs the crap out of me that Coronavirus is used as a synonym for: covid-19, sars-cov-2, wuhan virus, novel coronavirus 2019?

it's exactly NONE of those things. Yet it's entrenched into society by the mindless non-news talking heads that don't understand the difference of an adjective and a noun. I usually refer to wuhan originated virus as 'the virus' ; in 2020 it's pretty clear what virus you're talking about; you can also use 'the thing' or 'it'. they all work. but coronavirus ; still wrong. always wrong.

The closest analog would be 'the flu' and if people would say 'the coronavirus' that picks it out as 'the important one worth discussing' that could be ok grammatically.

Spread the word maybe it'll 'go viral' and people can use the correct terms (it would be maybe kinder and gentler to make a "PC" version of the alias 'Wuhan virus' ) but it's really stupid. Just like Ebola and 16 others, it was common sense to name a virus after the origin. 'they' decided somehow that's 'evil' so we 'can't' do that anymore.. "they" are morons, yup said it just plain stupid. It's caving to PC nonsense that has led to the epidemic of thin-skinned people that get so upset about a phrase a person uses that they go out and harm an entirely unrelated person that is unrelated to the phrase? it's asinine.

There is a great example i can't recall the exact details but an absolutely idiotic 'talking head' made a very stupid suggestion on the air of his non-news program and it literally encouraged some people to go cause harm and in that harm a person was killed. it was a very direct A to B to C, no other way to look at it. Yet since it was 'the media' that did it the guy got a complete pass. He was literally accessory to murder. *that* is a case like the 'democrat hoax' that the president was *actually* referring to. *absolutely not* that sars-cov-2 or covid-19 are a hoax.
__________________
E53 / M54 2001 3.0i gas LHD (pair of them: his & her)
Reply With Quote
  #689  
Old 05-25-2020, 03:10 AM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 1,332
EODguy is on a distinguished road
+1 Andrew

Here is the quote that somehow keeps getting changed into "He said it was a hoax" so people can understand their misinterpretation....

Trump, Feb. 28:*Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, “How’s President Trump doing?” They go, “Oh, not good, not good.” They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa. They can’t even count. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes.
One of my people came up to me and said, “Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.” That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.


Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #690  
Old 05-25-2020, 07:01 AM
upallnight's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cook County
Posts: 6,800
upallnight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwynn View Post
Politico just from their name makes it QUITE CLEAR that they are NOT NEWS.

They are a political far left mouthpiece so it's usually impossible to squeeze anything resembling facts or truth out of their stuff, fortunately I have 'a team of experts' that does the fact-checking and in the 1% of articles from politico that are facts based news i will see them on my feeds.

I will humor you though and read the article.

So the article was pretty amazingly 'news-ish' for Politico but it did not have any real facts to point the blame finger other than saying that the administration didn't want to throw under the bus whomever was responsible for not asking WHO for their test kits.

I stand by my assessment that it would not have made much difference that the damage was already done; there were probably 10,000 cases of covid-19 in the usa by the middle of January maybe many more; there were 100s of 1000s of cases of 'flu like symptoms' and about 20,000 'flu related pnemonia' deaths by the end of January

I did goof on my six-week mention of Europe i though the europe travel ban started mid Feb but it was Mid March. I just looked up some statistics of a normal month of travel between europe and usa and it's a shit-ton; they could have easily been a majority of the infections getting into the usa.

That actually helps explain how fast it got around to every state. (and why it kept growing after the china travel ban).

It doesn't change the origin nor the reason to give a virus a name.

Back to the original quote at the top:

My news feeds are unbiased; there is plenty of actual news to point out the missteps of the current administration but without the 95% bias against that specifically makes the legacy media 'non news'

It's pretty simple to pick out 'non news'; you should not be able to tell a reporters political bent and right or left they should piss you off some of the time; a good reporter should get negative feedback on the same exact article, that's the best way to judge if a reporter is a good one; they report the facts without any spin, but people left or right will spin it themselves to see bias that isn't there.

Back to the test kits.. in the 'real world' not the 'politico' world; The administration was certainly assured by the CDC their test kit would be delivered in a timely fashion and work; with the WHO basically being another wing of the CCP, it's not hard to understand why our government would rather do what they typically do and make their own.

The CDC first round of kits was a disaster of epic proportions in many ways. It did not help the cause at all, it also didn't make a big difference as i've said many times, and now with the new tidbit of how many people came from Europe before the Europe ban, that is likely where the majority of infections came into the usa. Based on daily averages it would not be unlikely that upwards of 2-3 million people came into the usa from europe in the timeframe between the china and europe travel ban.

That being said, 'nobody knew', literally nobody knew where infected people were and where to stop them. Trump got 'into a world of shit' for travel banning China, and he was supposed to prophetically ban Europe also ?

I still don't understand especially with the new news from CDC that covid-19 doesn't spread readily on hard surfaces, how the hell the majority of new cases in NYC are coming from people in self quarantine. Are they sharing MJ cigarettes or something? it's mind-blowing, but does put huge holes in the 'safer at home' concept.

I want to make something perfectly clear for members of xo; I'm having a PERFECT example of a FIRST AMENDMENT debate with a fellow human, for whom i have a TON of respect, I'm not in any way saying Don isn't one of the most awesome people i've ever met (and I have met him in person a few times). He's one of my favorite people to read on xo, and his brain is an encyclopedia of x5 and other cars, we just are on very opposite sides of the political spectrum and i don't have *any* problem with that.

Don and I have had apolitical spats before as well and it never had any ill-will in the very least. I would have a beer with Don any day, the world is a far better place with his (crazy as me) desire to deep dive into couch-potato car repair.

If i had to pick 5 people on earth to start a business fixing cars, he'd be on the list.

I apologize if the word 'ignorant' or 'moronic' is misinterpreted, often people see those as insults when they are not and will get a 'flame session' started.

Ignorant: lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact:
ignorant of quantum physics.

When i use the word ignorant is just means 'the guy didn't know' I'm not sure why that is a 'hot button' word for people but often it is. (almost certainly somebody that gets upset from my use of ignorant is ignorant of the actual meaning; somehow it got turned into a derogatory word vs just factual)

When i use the word 'moronic' it doesn't mean the person is a moron, it means they are *acting like one*, i do it myself plenty so i 'know all the signs'.

I forgot what i used the term moronic to describe but it was most certainly meant so say 'if you did that you are acting stupidly'. That is an *opinion* folks it doesn't mean i know through my psychic powers that the guy actually is a moron.

I call people out on 'moronity' plenty. People give plenty of examples. Do something I consider 'stupid is as stupid does' and I will say; 'dude that was pretty moronic of you'. I will rarely if ever use the word 'moron' as a noun in conversation, I rarely know a person enough that it would be fair to apply that judgment. I would probably land on 'asshole' long before 'moron' ; must easier to objectively determine.

I once got into a big verbal battle with another of my solid favorites on xo; bcredliner; i have no idea what the fight was about but I made it very clear there were no bad intentions on my part, and will take his side proactively in most cases if somebody gives him a difficult time on the forum especially a newbie that doesn't know how to check a start date or post count. I've never met @bc in person, but wouldn't turn down the option (goes for most people on xo; my hyper-extended family)

Families fight; doesn't mean we don't care about each other. We are supposed to be ALLOWED to speak our mind without 'the google thought police' preventing free thought (or sadly most educational institutions especially higher education (i think that's an oxymoron)).

I'm not always right, but it 'rounds'. I have no problem being shown when i make a misstep like above; where i had a date wrong by a significant amount and will change how i discuss the injection of sars-cov-19 into the USA; it's an eye opener; now it makes more sense how fast it spread, because rather than 500,000 people from china it was also 2-3Million from Europe as well, so with my initial 'seed' estimate of 10,000 people that's 2% of 500,000 a number that was probably a bit to high to be realistic but 'within the realm of possibility.

Bump the denominator up to 3M and it's only 1/3 of 1%.

So; say if 1% of the travelers from China in Dec-Jan and Europe from Jan-March were infected that would mean 30,000 infections *all over* the entire USA. This is the injection I believed happened. I don't think that *anybody* could have stopped it because the incubation period is too long and they *just didn't know*.. They were ignorant of the facts that could have stopped it. They did NOT act moronically they in most cases did the best anybody could expect of them, so stop trying to blame people and as i said earlier "lift each other up" Negativity is as contagious as cv-19.

@upallnight; once more; great job on picking out the solution to the #5 cylinder, I would have taken a couple more iterations of diagnostics before i got that far, you were two chess moves ahead of me and your 'one in a billion' comment was spot-on and clever use of powerball money to replace.

That said; re-read that thread about the wheel shimmy giving up; you thought you had correct but did not. I think there was a missing 'not' somewhere that caused you to think the guy replaced the front facing tension struts whereas what was really replaced was the inward facing control arms. There was a very confusing photo of tension strut bushing, but it was to say literally 'it wasn't this thing mine are ok'. Not trying to axe your back, just trying to explain in *that case* you got it wrong, and I got it right. (it can happen either way).

If *I* read the thread wrong and the guy replaced the tension struts mia culpa I think you thought it ended up being the tension struts because he said too late in reference to buying yours, but there was confusion in that yours were the wrong part anyhow. I will definitely post a correction if it turns out they were the tension stuts not the control arms. (however having driven x5 for a couple months with completely shot tension struts that never caused the slightest wheel shimmy, I am quite confident that was a case of control arms (inward not forward facing).

Back from two or three tangents back to the thread topic now:

Everclear (the real one not the Illionis watered down one) is perfect to mix with pure aloe gel to make your own hand sanitizer just make sure the ratio is over 74% ever clear to get to 70% alcohol by volume. I put in a spray bottle to spray the inside of my mask that i leave in my car (or when low on gloves, spray them before i take them off). Great to spray things like a key or a phone; how many people use their phone *with their gloves* when in a store in a hot zone? My poor phone gets slimed regularly with hand sanitizer when i don't have my spray bottle handy.

Praise God with the notice that cv-19 doesn't spread readily on hard surfaces (also that sunlight will kill it).

Vitamin D deficiency is supposed to be problematic; my doc said i'm low on 'vitamin D' (quotes to make it funny for those dirty minds).

I take 2000 IU of D and double the normal daily rec. of C every day i remember.

Get outside, get some sun, for most people that's all the 'vitamin d' required. 'play along' with social distancing because if it's proven to not help at all in the end, it's pretty harmless and 'thought that counts' does matter still; it's kind of like chivalry.

Will i go to a restaurant when they open? hell yes i will, i would do it in downtown chicago. NYC; maybe in Fall; see; common sense; go with your gut and stay safe *for you* don't inject your limitations of self preservation on others; the USA is almost a free country still. I got the 'death stare' a month ago when i cleared my throat and spit from a woman not closer than 150ft from me; you'd have thought i kicked her baby. I *have to* clear my throat occasionally I was sick for THREE WEEKS (like literally in bed sick) expressly from not clearing my nose expressly from wearing a mask due to cv19.

Peace, and yes i mean it. positivity can be contagious as well.
Whats in a name? Do you also view people because of their race, color or religion? If you don't have an open mind You can check the "Bias" of any newsgroup and per my check it is one of the lest Bias news group.

If you judge a newsgroup by it name do you judge a book by its cover? Do you judge people by their color, race or religion? You need to keep an open mind about things and not be so judgemental.

You can fact check a media bias on the internet as I do before using them on a post.

Here's Politico.com bias report:
Attached Images
 
__________________
2006 Infiniti G35
2001 BMW 3.0I E53 X5 Build date 08/2000 SOLD
Lotus Europa 1970 Destroyed by fire
Lotus Europa 1970 S2 Renault Powered
Lotus Type 52 1970 Twincam Webers Powered
PORSCHE 911 Targa 1982 The Garage Queen
Audi Avant donated to Kars for Kids
BMW 525IT Sold
Audi 4000CS Quattro Sold
Jensen Healey Lotus Powered Sold
Opel 1900 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1971 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1968 Sold
Plymouth "Cuda" 340 Six pack SOLD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.