Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   Navigation System (https://xoutpost.com/electronics/navigation-system/)
-   -   Nav OS V27.1 has been released (https://xoutpost.com/electronics/navigation-system/15849-nav-os-v27-1-has-been-released.html)

trapdoor 07-19-2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardP1
I've actually found V27.1 to be worse than V27 at acquiring a lock. The problem seems to be that it is remembering the satalites in the almanac, then when it's turned on again it is looking for those satalites first. Generally they have moved away and you get no satalites at all for up to 5 minutes after turning on the ignition. I never had this problem before V27.1.

Oh crap! I really hope these issues (plus the damned suburbs/villages/minor towns display issue) get resolved. The new Mk4 my dealer fitted on Monday had V27.1 on, and they 'couldn't' put V26 or V25 on - so I may have to downgrade again and loose my coding. Never had ANY problems with the hacked V26.... just the recent hot spell screwed the Mk4 up as the fan was u/s.

WTF are BMW playing at with this software? Does anyone know if there WILL be a V28 out anytime soon? :tsk:

PeteM 07-19-2006 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapdoor
Oh crap! I really hope these issues (plus the damned suburbs/villages/minor towns display issue) get resolved. The new Mk4 my dealer fitted on Monday had V27.1 on, and they 'couldn't' put V26 or V25 on - so I may have to downgrade again and loose my coding. Never had ANY problems with the hacked V26.... just the recent hot spell screwed the Mk4 up as the fan was u/s.

WTF are BMW playing at with this software? Does anyone know if there WILL be a V28 out anytime soon? :tsk:


I heard V28 is out late summer but I do know Sat Nav (Europe) 2007 is out in Late November so it might coincide with that.

trapdoor 07-19-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteM
I heard V28 is out late summer but I do know Sat Nav (Europe) 2007 is out in Late November so it might coincide with that.

Hope you're right - particularly with 2007 as 2006-2 has some glaring errors introduced over 2005-2 - such as my street now has the wrong name, my house no longer exists etc ... Contacted Navteq and logged about 4 or 5 reports, all came back as verified issues and supposedly will be corrected at the next release. Though evidently (according to Navteq), BMW choose which mapping data to take, so it may not be the fully up to date version.

Considering how much BMW charge for each disk, seems a bit shoddy to me.

As for V28, I would love to know if they have an intention to fix the 'burbs' problem - took a while to convince my dealer it was an issue, and they still fitted my Mk4 with V27.1 on :mad: They claim it will be reported back, but I'm not convinced, and they tell me that I will have to pay for any future update too :mad: :mad:

phil47 07-19-2006 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardP1
I've actually found V27.1 to be worse than V27 at acquiring a lock. The problem seems to be that it is remembering the satalites in the almanac, then when it's turned on again it is looking for those satalites first. Generally they have moved away and you get no satalites at all for up to 5 minutes after turning on the ignition. I never had this problem before V27.1.

That is very weird as my experience is completely opposite. On the drive home today I reconfirmed that it not only acquired the lock quicker than before (within 10 seconds), but stayed locked. This is not to say that v27 was horrible, but I did notice the problem on occasion and so I upgraded based on info on this thread. I noticed the improvement immediately.:dunno:

frankieone 07-20-2006 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil47
That is very weird as my experience is completely opposite. On the drive home today I reconfirmed that it not only acquired the lock quicker than before (within 10 seconds), but stayed locked. This is not to say that v27 was horrible, but I did notice the problem on occasion and so I upgraded based on info on this thread. I noticed the improvement immediately.:dunno:

hello everybody!
I confirm: v27.1 is a lot quicker than v27!! :thumbup:
My experience with v27 was horrible...system often "frozen"....
thank you all for this great forum

ludo 07-25-2006 12:02 PM

Assist
 
Hi

Installed V27 to get the perpective on the navigation system All works well except my BMW Assist has now dissppeared from the menu ! Dealer says that I need to put original back on ( V 26 ) . Can anyone help ?

Thanks

timiboy 07-25-2006 12:05 PM

This is one of the issues they launched V27.1 for! Just get Your Nav updated and ASSIST coded back;) That's all!

Timiboy

ludo 07-25-2006 01:01 PM

Assist
 
Ok thanks . I am new to all this ...What do you mean by coded back , can I do this or do I have to go backto the dealer? :confused: Cheers

timiboy 07-25-2006 01:58 PM

It means Assist has to be activated with the DIS, meaning You will have to go to the dealer. This is something You can not do by Your own;)

Timiboy

PeterM 08-05-2006 11:39 PM

Wow, just upgraded to 27.1 and I must say perspective view is awesome! Never thought we'd be able to do see this view style on the current unit.

One question though, is the level of detail configurable? I can't find any options to display street names etc.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.