Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Off-topic > Politics Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-24-2021, 04:24 PM
AVB-AMG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 178
AVB-AMG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
As a former defender of America’s freedoms, I was willing to sacrifice my life for this country. Life changing events happen to military personnel all the time. My personal experiences while on active duty led me in my choice to abstain from voting. It’s worked out for me personally to this day.

You say you are disappointed, and saddened by any and all Americans that choose not to vote. So, for some of us, the fact that we were and are willing to sacrifice our lives means absolutely nothing to you personally, if we do not vote. You are free to feel that way. I should know, I personally defended that freedom, as well as multiple generations of family members.

I stopped reading your FYI when you asserted that I am a coward.
Happy:

Yes, I expressed my strong opinion on voting in the United States. If you did not read all of my post then you missed some important qualifying points, which you may possibly agree with. I think the multiple quotes from people whom I respect, speak for themselves on this important issue.

Thankfully, in the United States, you have the right to choose not to vote, but you have not explained why you made your choice not to vote. So what are your reason(s), based on your active service? Did you experience some sort of life-changing event that convinced you that you should no longer participate in one of our country's most important and cherished freedoms?

Help me out here to understand your logic, which I currently do not.
You imply that you decided to join the U.S. military to serve our country and commit to possibly exposing yourself to bodily harm in the process, or even ultimately sacrificing your life, to "defend our freedoms". What is the point of having freedom in our country if you do not participate in one of its most important processes - to choose your local and state representatives, as well as our President and Commander-In-Chief?

AVB-AMG
__________________

My current & recent car history:
2020 BMW 440i xDrive Coupe (Wife's daily driver)
2016 BMW X5M (My daily driver)
2014 BMW M6 Coupe (gone)
2013 BWM 335i xDrive Coupe (gone)
2011 BMW 335xi turbo coupe (gone)
2007 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG (gone)
2007 BMW 335ci twin turbo coupe (gone)
2004 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG (gone)
2004 BMW X5 4.4i (w/full Aero Kit - gone)
2001 BMW X5 4.4i (w/full Aero Kit - gone)
2000 Mercedes-Benz E430 Sport (gone)
1961 Mercedes-Benz 190SL (owned for 46 years)
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #12  
Old 01-25-2021, 02:11 AM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 1,025
Happy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVB-AMG View Post
Happy:

Yes, I expressed my strong opinion on voting in the United States. If you did not read all of my post then you missed some important qualifying points, which you may possibly agree with. I think the multiple quotes from people whom I respect, speak for themselves on this important issue.

Thankfully, in the United States, you have the right to choose not to vote, but you have not explained why you made your choice not to vote. So what are your reason(s), based on your active service? Did you experience some sort of life-changing event that convinced you that you should no longer participate in one of our country's most important and cherished freedoms?

Help me out here to understand your logic, which I currently do not.
You imply that you decided to join the U.S. military to serve our country and commit to possibly exposing yourself to bodily harm in the process, or even ultimately sacrificing your life, to "defend our freedoms". What is the point of having freedom in our country if you do not participate in one of its most important processes - to choose your local and state representatives, as well as our President and Commander-In-Chief?

AVB-AMG
ACTS 5:29

Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings!


What you think is a strong opinion, is really a sad, pathetic, excuse, to condemn others that don’t share your belief. I personally could give a rats ass what you think of me, honestly. Once you referred to me as a coward, I was finished with you.

I have been in heated debates here on the political forum. But never have I outright slandered any member here. When attacked, I have jabbed back with silly nonsense. For example, “My E53 will smoke yours”. But I have never stooped to your level of ignorant remarks.

If you had paid attention, I had stated that, I have never ever been registered to vote, or participated in any election. I was already in basic training, before I had a chance to register. I was not legal voting age long enough to even facilitate the process. So I will not entertain your view, that I have let my country down in some way. During my service, I made the decision to abstain. Period!

My service history is just that, MINE. If I wanted to share, I would have. All I’ll say is, my ptsd from the experience continues to affect my quality of life to this day. But I doubt you have any empathy for the matter.

There is no way, for me to help you understand my logic. You would have to be a Christian. And, I also think the quotes that I posted, that I live my life by, speak for themselves on all issues.

“ We must obey God rather than the human beings!” - Peter an apostle of The Christ Jesus

“You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.” - GOD

“If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.” - JESUS

Back to debating this administration’s decisions. You are trying to hijack this thread, and make it about you, and I. The thread is about Biden.

So on that note, we’re finished here with your thoughts of me, and mine of you. You will not be allowed to make this brother stumble, in The Name of Yeshua!

Let me know when you are ready to repent.

God Bless you,

Sincerely,

Happy
__________________
02 BMW 5 Speed Supercharged Ethanol Burnin Meth Injected E53

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-25-2021, 10:13 AM
AVB-AMG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 178
AVB-AMG is on a distinguished road
Happy:

Thank you for taking the time to partially explain your reasoning for not voting. I do find it bewildering that you take the time to so strongly complain about political issues and politicians, yet have decided to never actually participate in our country’s electoral process.

From your response it sounds like you are a devout fundamentalist evangelical Christian, which explains quite a bit about your beliefs and your attitude. As far as my being “ready to repent”, as you mean in the biblical sense, don’t hold your breath...

I think that religion is a very interesting and important topic to understand our society, culture and world today and will start a separate new thread on that topic, so this thread remains about President Joe Biden.

I do find it interesting that Biden is only the second U.S. president to be a Catholic. From what I have seen and read he attempts to follow the positive and uplifting moral and ethical aspects of Catholic doctrine. Joe Biden may very well be the most religiously observant commander-in-chief in the last 50 years. He regularly attends Mass and speaks of how his Catholic faith has grounded his life and his policies. Quite possibly, with President Biden, a different, more liberal Christianity may be ascendant. An interpretation that is less focused on sexual politics and more on helping those who are less fortunate, along with combating poverty, climate change and racial inequality. If that is the case, then I shall applaud....

AVB-AMG
__________________

My current & recent car history:
2020 BMW 440i xDrive Coupe (Wife's daily driver)
2016 BMW X5M (My daily driver)
2014 BMW M6 Coupe (gone)
2013 BWM 335i xDrive Coupe (gone)
2011 BMW 335xi turbo coupe (gone)
2007 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG (gone)
2007 BMW 335ci twin turbo coupe (gone)
2004 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG (gone)
2004 BMW X5 4.4i (w/full Aero Kit - gone)
2001 BMW X5 4.4i (w/full Aero Kit - gone)
2000 Mercedes-Benz E430 Sport (gone)
1961 Mercedes-Benz 190SL (owned for 46 years)

Last edited by AVB-AMG; 01-25-2021 at 06:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-26-2021, 09:50 PM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 1,025
Happy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruzo View Post
One national guard spokesperson mentioned that some congressional staffers made the request without informing their bosses.

Most likely a mistake by the people doing the coordination efforts. I doubt the congressional leaders played a part at all.

But an apology from the President shows his willingness to take responsibility even if it's not his doing.

Accountable for the action of the people under him.

Real leadership. Night and day difference compared to Trump.

Nice link on a website that seems dedicated to truth telling. Thanks BC, I'll keep an eye on this site.
Yes Maruzo, definitely night and day.

I am a bit bummed out about the pipeline. Considering I have a gas powered E53, and reside in the Houston area. (I could no longer stand living in California. Although born and raised, and resided for 37 years in San Francisco, and Los Angeles Areas. No Thanks.)

I am also perplexed by the order to allow, individuals that have XY chromosomes, to be allowed to compete against, individuals that have XX chromosomes.

Does this mean that, I can now be allowed to physically spar, in a sanctioned MMA event, an individual that has XX chromosomes? And if so, if I knock her ass out, it’s ok? If I simply convey that I associate myself as transgender? This will now be acceptable?

Men and boys can now compete against, Women and girls? Did I misunderstand something?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-bid...ts-11611341066

Somebody please help me under stand.
__________________
02 BMW 5 Speed Supercharged Ethanol Burnin Meth Injected E53

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-27-2021, 12:21 AM
AVB-AMG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 178
AVB-AMG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post

I am also perplexed by the order to allow, individuals that have XY chromosomes, to be allowed to compete against, individuals that have XX chromosomes.

Does this mean that, I can now be allowed to physically spar, in a sanctioned MMA event, an individual that has XX chromosomes? And if so, if I knock her ass out, it’s ok? If I simply convey that I associate myself as transgender? This will now be acceptable?

Men and boys can now compete against, Women and girls? Did I misunderstand something?

Somebody please help me under stand.
Happy:

I originally posted my response to your plea in this thread, then realized that the discussion on this topic was actually in the Donald Trump thread, (for some strange reason....). Therefore, not to confusingly have it in two threads, I moved my response to that other thread....

AVB-AMG
__________________

My current & recent car history:
2020 BMW 440i xDrive Coupe (Wife's daily driver)
2016 BMW X5M (My daily driver)
2014 BMW M6 Coupe (gone)
2013 BWM 335i xDrive Coupe (gone)
2011 BMW 335xi turbo coupe (gone)
2007 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG (gone)
2007 BMW 335ci twin turbo coupe (gone)
2004 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG (gone)
2004 BMW X5 4.4i (w/full Aero Kit - gone)
2001 BMW X5 4.4i (w/full Aero Kit - gone)
2000 Mercedes-Benz E430 Sport (gone)
1961 Mercedes-Benz 190SL (owned for 46 years)

Last edited by AVB-AMG; 01-27-2021 at 12:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-27-2021, 01:49 AM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 1,025
Happy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVB-AMG View Post
Happy:

I originally posted my response to your plea in this thread, then realized that the discussion on this topic was actually in the Donald Trump thread, (for some strange reason....). Therefore, not to confusingly have it in two threads, I moved my response to that other thread....

AVB-AMG

No worries.

I replied to a post on the Trump thread, and then realized, the argument was pertaining to, executive orders that the Biden administration instituted.
__________________
02 BMW 5 Speed Supercharged Ethanol Burnin Meth Injected E53

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-27-2021, 04:21 PM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 1,025
Happy is on a distinguished road
What’s The Matter With Joseph Biden?

So it appears, the Biden administrations oil orders will give China and Russia an advantage.

My opinion is, they are already in bed together.

Because if it’s about going green, what about the pollution battery manufacturing produces? Not only that, the handling of batteries that no longer hold charge for millions of vehicles?

What kind of regulations are we going to put on the recycling facilities, and those that receive these dead batteries? How will we ensure that no pollution happens on that end either.

Recently we’ve been having rolling blackouts. Now they want to put millions of electric vehicles, on the electric grid? This is going to reduce pollution how?

I think this is a smoke screen, an attempt to Californianize The United State’s of America. There is no way this administration is going to pull this off, but it sure looks like they’re going to give it a shot!
__________________
02 BMW 5 Speed Supercharged Ethanol Burnin Meth Injected E53

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-29-2021, 12:20 AM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 1,025
Happy is on a distinguished road
22 Executive Orders, in one week. Dayum! Are they trying to set a Guinness record?
__________________
02 BMW 5 Speed Supercharged Ethanol Burnin Meth Injected E53

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-30-2021, 01:38 AM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 2,188
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
22 Executive Orders, in one week. Dayum! Are they trying to set a Guinness record?
40 Executive Orders in 10 days....

Previously Biden said that only a Dictator rules by EO's when talking about Trump.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-30-2021, 04:36 PM
motordavid's Avatar
RetiredBum & Semi-RenaissanceMan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mtns of Western NC, & SW FLA
Posts: 16,798
motordavid will become famous soon enoughmotordavid will become famous soon enough
Not defending Ol'Joe, but a dozenish of those EOs were CV19 related, vs the
"the virus will be gone by Easter" previous brigade.
__________________
Ol'UncleMotor
From the Home Base of Pro Bono Punditry
and 50 Cent Opins...

Our Mtn Scenes, Car Pics, and Road Trip Pics on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4527537...7627297418250/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4527537...7627332480833/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My X Page




Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.