Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   X5 (E53) Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/)
-   -   What did you do to / for your E53 today?? (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/78921-what-did-you-do-your-e53-today.html)

snik 11-29-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpoll (Post 1147622)
Do you have true TPMS or the FTM (Flat Tyre Monitor) that uses the ABS system? Resetting the FTM is just a simple matter of using the centre console button to reset the light.

http://bimmerboard.com/members/q/ori...e%20System.jpg

(image thanks to QSilver7)



FTM, I couldn't remember the name.
I am lowered so because the ride height is off. It constantly thinks I have a flat regardless of what the wheel speed sensors say.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snik 11-29-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_robot (Post 1147620)
4.8is Ride Height Calibration
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t

It's the same for 2 or 4 axle models. Just choose the correct one on INPA


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro



Thanks. I'll try that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wpoll 11-29-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snik (Post 1147627)
FTM, I couldn't remember the name.
I am lowered so because the ride height is off. It constantly thinks I have a flat regardless of what the wheel speed sensors say.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That IS odd - the FTM has no connection to ride height, nor should ride height affect the FTM.

The FTM only reads ABS speed sensors...

snik 11-29-2018 10:05 PM

What did you do to / for your E53 today??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wpoll (Post 1147630)
That IS odd - the FTM has no connection to ride height, nor should ride height affect the FTM.

The FTM only reads ABS speed sensors...



Not according to the manual. I'm pretty sure I read that is uses the speed sensors AND height monitors to determine tire deflation status.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wpoll 11-29-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snik (Post 1147632)
It according to the manual. I'm pretty sure I read that is uses the speed sensors AND height monitors to determine tire deflation status.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the wrong thread for this but FWIW, the ride height sensors don't change when a tyre goes flat. The axle AND the car both drop on that corner, so the ride height sensor doesn't (and can't) detect this. ;)

andrewwynn 11-29-2018 10:25 PM

What he said. The leveling suspension keeps the axle the same distance from the body. Tire goes flat it's not going to push the axle lower to compensate.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

snik 11-29-2018 10:46 PM

Well poop. Why won't the light go away. I can't reset it. Nothing happens.
In another thread I read it does his when cars are lowered with coilovers and such.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xbimma 12-02-2018 11:58 PM

Replaced Bank 2 precat O2 sensor on 4.8iS. On that engine all 4 sensors are under the car and reinforcement plate must be removed to access precat sensors.

bradb 12-03-2018 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Check engine oil level message appeared on the display of the M54 powered 6MTE53. At 128,096 miles and 2,529 miles since the last oil service 1 quart of 0W-40 M1 was added.

Running gear service planning has commenced. For the transmission service I plan on Red Line. Should I use MTL or MT-90? I know this has been discussed before though I have seen different possibilities depending on when the thread was created. Also what should be used in the transfer case and front and rear diffs?

Brad

BigBody 12-03-2018 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snik (Post 1147641)
Well poop. Why won't the light go away. I can't reset it. Nothing happens.
In another thread I read it does his when cars are lowered with coilovers and such.

My car is lowered. No issues with tire pressure errors. Id check the actual TPM's on the wheels.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.