Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Electronics > Navigation System
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #531  
Old 03-22-2010, 06:58 AM
ccfj1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The UK.
Posts: 1,931
ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Turn the attenuated mix up mate, this then does not have the pause.

(press menu, then set and go to the "nav volume" (this is NOT the nav volume) and adjust to max.

The "nav volume" in the set menu is for adjusting the amount of background radio/cd/tape/ipod volume compared to the nav commands.

So:-

all the down (min) = 100% background music mute,
half way = 50% background music mute,
all way up 0% background music mute.

Nav volume is controlled by the TP option (GAL is for speed sensitive volume).
__________________
Sept 03, M3, Silver Grey. Retro-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD Drive, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow Speaker Upgrade, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #532  
Old 04-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Lincolnshire, UK
Posts: 119
Jaycee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post

Turn the attenuated mix up mate, this then does not have the pause.

(press menu, then set and go to the "nav volume" (this is NOT the nav volume) and adjust to max.

The "nav volume" in the set menu is for adjusting the amount of background radio/cd/tape/ipod volume compared to the nav commands.

So:-

all the down (min) = 100% background music mute,
half way = 50% background music mute,
all way up 0% background music mute.

Nav volume is controlled by the TP option (GAL is for speed sensitive volume).
Is that right mate? something I never knew!

So in the "SET" menu the "Navi. Volume" setting only controls the level of muting applied to the background music when a nav command occurs - this is clarified below.

I've just read X5 Meister's post HERE and one of the SIB pdfs he attached to his post says the following :


INFORMATION

On BM53 radios, the Navigation volume cannot be set in the 'Settings' menu only the radio volume in the background can be changed relative to the navigation volume.

This is only audio mixing.

NOTE: Complete muting of the radio using the 'Settings' menu is only possible on radios with production date 09/01 to 09/02.

PROCEDURE

Depending on the production date of the radio, NAV volume can be changed, either using the 'INFO' button, or in 'Service Mode'.

Last edited by Jaycee; 04-20-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 04-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 16
romanice is on a distinguished road
In my x3 I could not find the TP and GAL i have nav min with the info button and nav volume in the settings. I am interested in find a GAL so i can adjust for noise. Any body know where i would find it.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Lincolnshire, UK
Posts: 119
Jaycee is on a distinguished road
I found the TP & GAL functions in the service menu settings, details of how to access this menu can be found in one of the pdfs in X5 Meister's posts that I provided a link to in my post above. In my late 2002 X5 it was accessed by turning the radio on and pressing the "SELECT" button for 8 seconds, then scrolling through the options with the "< >" button.
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 05-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Imola.ZHP's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cordova, TN
Posts: 72
Imola.ZHP is on a distinguished road
Semester is finally over, and my DVD nav. started working again. I guess it wanted a 3 month vacation...

I have a question, correct me if I'm wrong, but if I've already upgraded to v32 and I down-grade to v31, don't I run the risk of messing up my system?

I only got through the first 10 pages or so before I decided just to ask. I wasn't sure if you had a v32 version yet or if you had mentioned somewhere in these 54 pages what colors you changed with nav tweak? Or did you even used nav tweak? Its been at least a year since I messed with my system (probably longer) but I have successfully loaded a "tweaked" v32 with custom warning screen, splash screen, and "tweaked" wording throughout. I'd like to add the "night-screen" feature but a) I don't want to take the risk of messing up my system (if thats an actual possibility) and b) I don't want to waste hours and hours "tweaking" to get it just right...

If you did use nav tweak, and if its not too much of a bother, could you share with us what all you tweaked?

Thanks in advance!
__________________


Marcus
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 05-11-2010, 01:11 PM
ccfj1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The UK.
Posts: 1,931
ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
Semester is finally over, and my DVD nav. started working again. I guess it wanted a 3 month vacation...

I have a question, correct me if I'm wrong, but if I've already upgraded to v32 and I down-grade to v31, don't I run the risk of messing up my system?
For our mk4 dvd nav computers v31 and v32 are the same, they are identical mate, the v32 is for the other nav computers not the mk4.

Quote:
I only got through the first 10 pages or so before I decided just to ask.
OK.

Quote:
I wasn't sure if you had a v32 version yet or if you had mentioned somewhere in these 54 pages what colors you changed with nav tweak?
See above.

Quote:
Or did you even used nav tweak?
I did.

Quote:
Its been at least a year since I messed with my system (probably longer) but I have successfully loaded a "tweaked" v32 with custom warning screen, splash screen, and "tweaked" wording throughout.
OK.

Quote:
I'd like to add the "night-screen" feature but a) I don't want to take the risk of messing up my system (if thats an actual possibility) and b) I don't want to waste hours and hours "tweaking" to get it just right...

If you did use nav tweak, and if its not too much of a bother, could you share with us what all you tweaked?

Thanks in advance!
There is a USA version of this, (along with a POISon version).

I'll have a dig about and see what I have, if not I can sort one out, post up exactly what you would like and I'll have a go mate.

Pm me if necessary.

BTW, from what I can gather from the UK dealerships and my contacts in Germany, BMW have now stopped development of the mk4 now, so v32 will probably be the last for our nav computers.
__________________
Sept 03, M3, Silver Grey. Retro-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD Drive, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow Speaker Upgrade, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode.
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 05-15-2010, 04:22 AM
x52003's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: uae
Posts: 38
x52003 is on a distinguished road
is there any middle east map 2010 or 2009 update

high DVD


my car is x5 2003 mk4 SW 4-1/00


any help
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 05-27-2010, 04:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: malaysia
Posts: 4
hakim_radzuan is on a distinguished road
hi there, i've update my mk3 with night mode and ///M splash sceen. everything works like charm.

But when i update my friend's MK4, the splash screen still the original BMW logo..how to make it ///M logo?

mine i choose the file in 1st page that for MK3 n MK4...but for my friend i choose file for MK4 only
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 05-27-2010, 05:01 AM
ccfj1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The UK.
Posts: 1,931
ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakim_radzuan View Post
hi there, i've update my mk3 with night mode and ///M splash sceen. everything works like charm.
Cool.

Quote:
But when i update my friend's MK4, the splash screen still the original BMW logo..how to make it ///M logo?
Ah, I see, read the info that was with the download.

Downloads, MK4 only.

1: OEM Splash, OEM Day mode, Modded Sky, Custom Night mode (col_set 2 wide and split, but OEM colours) and Day/Night menu text.
v31 Night OEM 1010


Use your mk3/m4 download.

Quote:
mine i choose the file in 1st page that for MK3 n MK4...but for my friend i choose file for MK4 only
You can use the one for your mk3 in his mk4 (it will work in both).
__________________
Sept 03, M3, Silver Grey. Retro-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD Drive, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow Speaker Upgrade, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode.
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 06-02-2010, 05:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 465
apetrov1x5 is on a distinguished road
Hi, great work ccfj1!!!

I have v31 already on my 2005 UK X5, will your image of update CD work for me?

the reason i am asking mate is I have tried before updating from V31 to V32 and the mk4 told me that I am up to date already and could not proceed with the update.

I guess going from v31 to your custom V31 will have the same results, right?

or wrong?

many thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.