Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Electronics > Navigation System
Bimmer Tool Rental
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #361  
Old 10-15-2009, 01:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Carolina US
Posts: 4
RiTcH300 is on a distinguished road
Hey thanks i got it to work i really appreciate your help on this. I made a Custom flash screen. I saved the image as a .Jpg When you get a chance do u think you can make create it for me? Thanks.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #362  
Old 10-17-2009, 06:40 PM
edco's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Metuchen, NJ
Posts: 729
edco is on a distinguished road
WOW !
Been reading this file since page one only to realize what I dont know..:-)

First, Megaupload tell me the US file reference on page 36 doesnt work..
Second, I bought a NavUpdate from the dealer but never got around to installing it. I also have the V31, which I downloaded, but there was a lot of chatter about how little this did for late model US E53s, so I didnt install it.

So at the risk of being a pesky fanatic from the US..

What should I do first, ie should I install the V31, then the NavUpdate, then go back to page 1 and down load from there since the Megaupload keeps telling me that
File: v32, Nightmode, USA, with USA voice ; MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service gives me the following response when I click the link:
Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.
Reasons for this may include:- Invalid link- The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of service.
Note: I was able to download the PAGE 1 v31_night_vision.ZIP Assuming I can use this one since it looks like it was updated on 10/06 under downloads MK4 only.
Thank you
ED

Last edited by edco; 10-17-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 10-19-2009, 04:12 AM
ccfj1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The UK.
Posts: 1,931
ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Dont use that one please,

These are for the usa.

File: v32, Nightmode, USA, with GB voice
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

File: v32, Nightmode, USA, with USA voice
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
__________________
Sept 03, M3, Silver Grey. Retro-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD Drive, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow Speaker Upgrade, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode.
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 10-19-2009, 08:59 AM
edco's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Metuchen, NJ
Posts: 729
edco is on a distinguished road
Thank you so very much !
ED
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 10-23-2009, 06:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 5
Ratty is on a distinguished road
Ccfj1.... thank you so much.. I installed your 'Alpina mk3' splashscreen on my B3 and it looks soooooo cool now... it really adds another touch of class to the car.

Only trouble is... it's a 4:3 screen, so it looks a bit squashed at the sides

I know it's very cheeky of me, but could you do me a version for the 4:3 screen please?

All I can offer you by return is my gallery at m5board.com, some nice photos of Goodwood Fos and revival meetings, in 1024x768, but if there are any you'd like the Hi res (7Mp) originals of, mail me and I'll send them pronto.

The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com) - Ratty's Albums

Once again, thank you... I've learned so much about my (first) Nav unit and all of it, from here at Xoutpost... you guys are genius
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 10-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10
heinekenlover100 is on a distinguished road
New owner and new to the forum

Hello, I am new to the forum and the proud new owner of a 2003 E39 M5. My vehicle has the MKIV system and has never had the software upgraded it is running V21. I would like to upgrade to V32 and after exhaustively reading through posts for V31, 32, and night mode. I want to pre thank you for this awesome post. The link below is all I need for v32, Nightmode, USA, with GB voice correct? Does this have a splash screen and if not is there another link that I may have missed with all of this with a ///M splash included? Finally I just want to clarify that with this upgrade I will not be able to read street names? Is this true even if I switch out of night mode?

Thanks in advance, Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
Dont use that one please,

These are for the usa.

File: v32, Nightmode, USA, with GB voice
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

File: v32, Nightmode, USA, with USA voice
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 10-26-2009, 01:33 PM
ccfj1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The UK.
Posts: 1,931
ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Hi Kyle,

Welcome to the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinekenlover100 View Post
Hello, I am new to the forum and the proud new owner of a 2003 E39 M5.
Nice car.

Quote:
My vehicle has the MKIV system and has never had the software upgraded it is running V21. I would like to upgrade to V32 and after exhaustively reading through posts for V31, 32, and night mode. I want to pre thank you for this awesome post. The link below is all I need for v32, Nightmode, USA, with GB voice correct?
Yes, you can download and use this one (follow the burn and install procedure).

To go back to OEM any time just put a vanilla v32 in and it will wipr the nightmode.
Quote:
Does this have a splash screen and if not is there another link that I may have missed with all of this with a ///M splash included?
I think they both have the ///M logo.

Quote:
Finally I just want to clarify that with this upgrade I will not be able to read street names? Is this true even if I switch out of night mode?
No not quite, if you run in Day 2D mode then you get the all the names as OEM, in Day 3d, you get limited names as OEM.

When in nightmode, on 2d and 3d mode you get limited street names.

Quote:
Thanks in advance, Kyle
No problem.
__________________
Sept 03, M3, Silver Grey. Retro-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD Drive, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow Speaker Upgrade, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode.
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 10-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10
heinekenlover100 is on a distinguished road
Thank you again I am going to try this all out tonight. While I am burning this I suppose I mind as well just make a regular v32 disc. Do you happen to have a link for one with v32, USA, with GB voice, splash? If not oh well think I am going to just be so happy with all this anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
Hi Kyle,


To go back to OEM any time just put a vanilla v32 in and it will wipr the nightmode.

No problem.
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
ccfj1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The UK.
Posts: 1,931
ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinekenlover100 View Post
Thank you again I am going to try this all out tonight.
OK, remember, slowest rated speed of the disc.

Quote:
While I am burning this I suppose I mind as well just make a regular v32 disc. Do you happen to have a link for one with v32, USA, with GB voice, splash? If not oh well think I am going to just be so happy with all this anyways
No, not an OEM with GB voice, you would need to make one up.
__________________
Sept 03, M3, Silver Grey. Retro-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD Drive, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow Speaker Upgrade, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode.
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 10-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10
heinekenlover100 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post

No, not an OEM with GB voice, you would need to make one up.
Got it slowest speed. I hope I have some decent media laying around. How about just and OEM v32? Like I said I doubt I will want it but if as I love the look of night mode and who doesn't want a British women bossing them around
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.