Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Regional Forums > Australia Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1031  
Old 06-22-2010, 02:02 AM
BAD BAD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 16
BAD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
Good work mate, look forward to your photos and impressions!

Thanks Kenny,

Will send some snaps through when it arrives - got a few options incuding as well so I'll let you know how those go as well.

Cheers,
Brett
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #1032  
Old 06-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 41
wslee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD View Post
Ordered an Alpine White 50i Sport (Innovation) in April. Advised it would be July delivery but not sure if dealer is speaking with forked tongue.

My first BMW!
So quick ! I place my order for 3.0d on mid of May, Auto Classic told me will be September delivery (or may be Oct). Do you get a good deal and discount from them ? I'm haggle very hard but still not doing well, why Perth only have 1 BMW dealer
Reply With Quote
  #1033  
Old 06-22-2010, 11:40 PM
BAD BAD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 16
BAD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wslee View Post
So quick ! I place my order for 3.0d on mid of May, Auto Classic told me will be September delivery (or may be Oct). Do you get a good deal and discount from them ? I'm haggle very hard but still not doing well, why Perth only have 1 BMW dealer
I put in an order in late March for a 40d - changed to a 50i in early April - don't totally believe the July delivery will come through but hoping.

It's a bummer that there's is only one dealer in Perth - I got a 'Corporate Discount' from them but equates to bugger all off list price. I have a mate in Perth who bought a current model from a Sydney dealer and had it shipped over - saved $$$. I was too lazy to do the same. Surely with all our 'super profits', Perth could lure another dealer
Reply With Quote
  #1034  
Old 06-23-2010, 03:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 297
anzer is on a distinguished road
BAD ..just curious

you had thought about a 40d originally and went with 50i ... are you able to share reasons? (as i have a 2010 35d and am seriously looking at switching out to 50i ..mostly for performance reasons and the fact that there are some accessories missing on my current 35d that I really want e.g. different colour leather, bigger wheels, 7 seats, HUD etc etc)
__________________
2010 35d Innovations
AW with great Tint

AW is the new black you know
Reply With Quote
  #1035  
Old 06-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 297
anzer is on a distinguished road
2010 model details up on BMW site. Funny how they are calling it 2010 not 2011?
__________________
2010 35d Innovations
AW with great Tint

AW is the new black you know
Reply With Quote
  #1036  
Old 06-23-2010, 08:25 PM
BAD BAD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 16
BAD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by anzer View Post
you had thought about a 40d originally and went with 50i ... are you able to share reasons? (as i have a 2010 35d and am seriously looking at switching out to 50i ..mostly for performance reasons and the fact that there are some accessories missing on my current 35d that I really want e.g. different colour leather, bigger wheels, 7 seats, HUD etc etc)

I test drove the current 35d and 48i back to back - thought the 35d engine was more responsive...so thought the 40d would be the way to go. However once I started optioning up the car I realised I was closing the price gap between the 40d and 50i ie adding 20" wheels, self levelling suspension etc.. A friend said I should try the X6 50i to sample the v8. WOW - sounds fantastic and plenty of poke. I must admit the diesel sound at start up is not inspiring. Not a very practical reason for going for the 50i but if we were all into practical cars we'd be on the Golf diesel forum
Reply With Quote
  #1037  
Old 06-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 297
anzer is on a distinguished road
Thanks BAD - sounds sensible in terms of the price gap. I had a quote from dealer for 50i innovation at $151k on road which included corp discount ... I'm assuming there's some fat in there that can be negotiated ...

I'm also waiting for a 50i to test drive - will then be able to benchmark the 35d with 40d, 35i and 50i - even though I reckon if I can get reasonable trade / private sale for the 2010 35d then I'll stretch to 50i ... agree with diesel clatter - I don't like it either but once youre inside and off you dont really notice - it is one smooth diesel once you get moving ...

also interested ..did you get adaptive drive? it doesnt seem popular in Aus but sounds like a great option for smoothing things out and gaining better agility etc - esp with bigger wheels
__________________
2010 35d Innovations
AW with great Tint

AW is the new black you know
Reply With Quote
  #1038  
Old 06-24-2010, 02:09 AM
BAD BAD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 16
BAD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by anzer View Post
Thanks BAD - sounds sensible in terms of the price gap. I had a quote from dealer for 50i innovation at $151k on road which included corp discount ... I'm assuming there's some fat in there that can be negotiated ...

I'm also waiting for a 50i to test drive - will then be able to benchmark the 35d with 40d, 35i and 50i - even though I reckon if I can get reasonable trade / private sale for the 2010 35d then I'll stretch to 50i ... agree with diesel clatter - I don't like it either but once youre inside and off you dont really notice - it is one smooth diesel once you get moving ...

also interested ..did you get adaptive drive? it doesnt seem popular in Aus but sounds like a great option for smoothing things out and gaining better agility etc - esp with bigger wheels
The price sounds similar...but I didn't have much luck negotiating further...single dealer city.
I thought the deisel engine was very good - so refined compared to the deisel Landcruisers I was used to bush-bashing in my youth.

I didn't go for adaptive drive - I definitely considered it as I have a similar concern with 20" rims on Aussie roads. I read an ordinary review for the adaptive drive on the X5M, and surprisingly the dealer didn't talk it up either. The dealer did a pretty good job - see list below!

My order: X5 50i Innovation (Alpine white, black interior with Bamboo trim)

3rd row seat
Rear DVD
Tow pack
Running Boards
Window Tint
Hi Fi Pro
Soft close doors
Comfort Seats + Active Ventilation
TV function
Extended Connectivity
...was that enough....

I have read some fairly negative things about some of those options above, but went with them anyway.
I was just about to put my money down on a new Range Rover and was stiff-armed by a mate into test driving the X5 - I'm glad he did
Reply With Quote
  #1039  
Old 06-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 24
MrBlonde is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD View Post
The price sounds similar...but I didn't have much luck negotiating further...single dealer city.
I thought the deisel engine was very good - so refined compared to the deisel Landcruisers I was used to bush-bashing in my youth.

I didn't go for adaptive drive - I definitely considered it as I have a similar concern with 20" rims on Aussie roads. I read an ordinary review for the adaptive drive on the X5M, and surprisingly the dealer didn't talk it up either. The dealer did a pretty good job - see list below!

My order: X5 50i Innovation (Alpine white, black interior with Bamboo trim)

3rd row seat
Rear DVD
Tow pack
Running Boards
Window Tint
Hi Fi Pro
Soft close doors
Comfort Seats + Active Ventilation
TV function
Extended Connectivity
...was that enough....

I have read some fairly negative things about some of those options above, but went with them anyway.
I was just about to put my money down on a new Range Rover and was stiff-armed by a mate into test driving the X5 - I'm glad he did
Mate that's a shit hot spec, I am sure you'll love it .. and I look forward to hearing your impressions after you've lived with it for a while.

Regarding the clatter our 35D is the first diesel car we've ever had and after 1,100 kms we love it! I would have loved to go wit ha 50i but it was out of our budget.
__________________
.-=[ Kenny ]=-.

+ 1999 M Coupe + 2008 135 Coupe + 2010 X5 35D +
Reply With Quote
  #1040  
Old 06-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 275
Ninja is on a distinguished road
holy crap...given you are paying close to $150k, i would have thought these options such as comfort seats, tv function and soft close doors should be standard!

i'm pretty sure comfort seats are standard on 4.8i/xdrive48i.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.