Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 12-13-2019, 12:50 AM
X5only's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,329
X5only is on a distinguished road
Jeez, so things are also iffy with Avant4 just like Dynavin N6 I'm throwing out. Of course, an Android system is still miles ahead.
__________________
'05 E53 X5 4.4i, '97 E39 528, '07 E92 335i, '16 F86 X6M.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #132  
Old 12-13-2019, 10:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 98
nextelbuddy is on a distinguished road
Does anybody know how to solve the issue of when the device starts when you turn the car on DSP is not enabled and so the audio of the unit is extremely loud and have to turn the volume down or press the DSP button in the iBus app and the volume goes down lower because DSP is enabled at that point.

I would like DSP to always be enabled on launch but I can't find a setting that does that. I've gone into the iBus app into the DSP specific settings I tried turning on DSP second start I've tried fiddling with the DSP start level but none of that changes anything.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 12-13-2019, 10:33 AM
Overboost's Avatar
//Binary is in my DNA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 3,246
Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
Does anybody know how to solve the issue of when the device starts when you turn the car on DSP is not enabled and so the audio of the unit is extremely loud and have to turn the volume down or press the DSP button in the iBus app and the volume goes down lower because DSP is enabled at that point.

I would like DSP to always be enabled on launch but I can't find a setting that does that. I've gone into the iBus app into the DSP specific settings I tried turning on DSP second start I've tried fiddling with the DSP start level but none of that changes anything.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I have the same problem about 1 out of 20 starts. I have also experienced the DSP send signal not happen and my Avant-4 has no sound. As you point out a quick press of the DSP button starts everything and it is fine but annoying. I guess it it just part of the start up. I looked in the settings as well and found a DSP second start and seemed to help.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 12-13-2019, 10:54 AM
crystalworks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 6,194
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Glad I ditched the dsp system. Of course my amps are still sitting in a closet... And I have no audio... So yeah, you guys are still winning.

Glad the exhaust makes such nice noises.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 12-15-2019, 11:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 28
tutone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty150hs View Post
I have discovered through trial and error with mine that the IBUS app seems to want to start first. If it doesn't it's glitchy. Nice thing is that you can program in the app for autostart of the app you would like as your start up app to start right after the IBUS app. You can even program a second one to start after the first programmed to start after the IBUS.

Now if I could just figure out why the cluster and heating and cooling control show in C instead of F I'd be happy. No matter what I do seems to get it to change. It shows everything in the IBUS app in F. I did a factory reset on the Avin and the IBUS app when the problem first happened, but it didn't fix it. Maybe an email to the IBUS guy is in order.
Changing iBUS autostart as suggested seems to be working. Thanks!
__________________
2005 X5 3.0i
2003 530i Sport (former)
2014 Audi A6 TDI Prestige (daily)
2018 MB C300 Cabriolet (wife's)
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 12-15-2019, 12:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Posts: 2,080
Fifty150hs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tutone View Post
Changing iBUS autostart as suggested seems to be working. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 12-19-2019, 04:23 AM
X5only's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,329
X5only is on a distinguished road
Got rid of dynavin N6 and fired up the cannon for a fully loaded Avin4. It was such a hustle removing the dynavin extension cable as I had followed the OEM nav cable path. I will follow a different path with the Avin 6m cable- from the dash, then to the right to passenger side, then to the rear.
__________________
'05 E53 X5 4.4i, '97 E39 528, '07 E92 335i, '16 F86 X6M.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 12-21-2019, 01:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Posts: 2,080
Fifty150hs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5only View Post
Got rid of dynavin N6 and fired up the cannon for a fully loaded Avin4. It was such a hustle removing the dynavin extension cable as I had followed the OEM nav cable path. I will follow a different path with the Avin 6m cable- from the dash, then to the right to passenger side, then to the rear.
That's the way I ran mine. Much easier that way.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 12-21-2019, 04:59 PM
X5only's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,329
X5only is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty150hs View Post
That's the way I ran mine. Much easier that way.
Did you cut off the harness connector or did you remove the wires from the connector? The dynavin wiring harness has small flat connectors in one end similar to the factory one and is run as is. It looks to me it might be easier to remove the wires from one end of the connector rather than cutting the wiring harness in half and soldering the wires later.
__________________
'05 E53 X5 4.4i, '97 E39 528, '07 E92 335i, '16 F86 X6M.

Last edited by X5only; 12-21-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 12-21-2019, 10:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Posts: 2,080
Fifty150hs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5only View Post
Did you cut off the harness connector or did you remove the wires from the connector? The dynavin wiring harness has small flat connectors in one end similar to the factory one and is run as is. It looks to me it might be easier to remove the wires from one end of the connector rather than cutting the wiring harness in half and soldering the wires later.
I cut the connector and a portion of the harness off. After running the wiring I put it back together with crimped butt splices covered with shrink tubing. Soldering isn't necessary. But, if you want to, I'd use the connectors that have solder in them that you use a heat gun on.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.